Celebrity eclipse wedding!!!

Newtocruise14

HAS ANYONE GOT MARRIED "AT SEA" OR ASHORE ON THIS SHIP PLEASE? WE CANNOT DECIDE WHICH WEDDING TO GO FOR. I LIKE THE IDEA OF GETTING MARRIED BY THE CAPTAIN BUT IM NOT TOO KEEN ON GETTING MARRIED INDOORS WHILST IN THE BEAUTIFUL CARIBBEAN!! HAS ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS/PRO'S AND CONS. I WILL APPRECIATE ANY HELP, INFORMATION I CAN GET. WE'VE NEVER CRUISED BEFORE. IT WILL BE A SMALL PARTY OF MY FIANCE AND MYSELF, OUR MOTHERS AND CHILDREN (GIRL OF 13 AND BOY OF 5). PLEASE HELP!!! :eek:

HAS ANYONE GOT MARRIED "AT SEA" OR ASHORE ON THIS SHIP PLEASE? WE CANNOT DECIDE WHICH WEDDING TO GO FOR. I LIKE THE IDEA OF GETTING MARRIED BY THE CAPTAIN BUT IM NOT TOO KEEN ON GETTING MARRIED INDOORS WHILST IN THE BEAUTIFUL CARIBBEAN!! HAS ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS/PRO'S AND CONS. I WILL APPRECIATE ANY HELP, INFORMATION I CAN GET. WE'VE NEVER CRUISED BEFORE. IT WILL BE A SMALL PARTY OF MY FIANCE AND MYSELF, OUR MOTHERS AND CHILDREN (GIRL OF 13 AND BOY OF 5). PLEASE HELP!!! :eek:

Congratulations. You should decide which port you would like to be married in. Then check with that Country what their requirements are as far as documentation, waiting periods if any and so on. Also check with Celebrity if the Capt is permitted to perform a wedding.

When all of the above is done post your photo.

Carole

I read a while back that a Captain did not marry a couple like they thought would happen. He was unavailable and a CD married them. He had a license. Sounds like that could happen many times. I have also read where the ceremony was rushed and overpriced for what was received.. Just doesn't sound ideal to me to get married on a ship.:rolleyes:

There have been a few cases where an island was missed because of weather or an emergency, and the wedding couple was stuck on the ship, while their wedding guest were on the island (that was not visited by the ship.):eek: No wedding..money down the drain...angry bride and groom.

If I was you, I'd get married on land and then go on your cruise.

If you choose a cruise that stops at St Thomas, you can be married on the beach on the adjoining island of St. John, just as we were.Very informal but memorable. You choose the type of ceremony and you are in the US so it makes thinks simple. Research Barefoot on the beach or google Anne Marie Porter.

We were married last year on Reflection. We chose to do it at embarkation, it was lovely, we had the sky lounge, what an awesome venue! None of our guests went on the cruise, by design as it was a trans Atlantic to Italy. For us, getting hitched on a cruise ship was just our style as we love cruising, and love the S class ships.

We had the wedding, reception, they all left the ship, we didn't and began the honeymoon.

A beach wedding sounds beautiful, but there are lots of potential problems, including not making the port of call.

Best wishes however you proceed.

The other main reason to get married in St Thomas is that it is still a US territory and as such may be easier to get paperwork done and for the marriage to be recognized in the States. Good Luck!

The OP is from UK.

That probably will make a difference to the paper work!

We're getting symbolically married on the summit this weekend (eeeek!) and we chose to do the ship board ceremony by the captain. We wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any issues getting to a port. Our ceremony will be on the sea day in Qsine (there's only 9 of us) at 3. We chose to get married legally before the cruise because the marriage license through celebrity was an extra $700 and would be from Malta. That's cool in theory, but we thought it wouldn't be practical.

The ship chooses your time and location for your ceremony depending on the captain's schedule and doesn't notify you until two weeks before the sailing (or 4 days in our case). The planning is done through a third party company, The Wedding Experience and their customer service can be hit or miss.

If you reach out to them, they'll send you a brochure with all the package options for each port and the Nautical Nuptials at sea package.

Just remember that you don't have a ton of control or options for a ship board wedding so you have to be okay with going with the flow, for the most part.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have if I can!

Sent from my iPad using Forums