Half Moon Cay - What's Included?

disneyfan68

I was looking at the cabana rental on the Carnival site and it said the cost is $229.99 per adult. So 4 adults would be $920? Seems like a crazy price.

No, it's $229.99 for the cabana, no matter how many people. Only 1 person on the itinerary books it, not everyone. Though it looks like you can book it for each person in party, it does state on the reservation page, under the notes, that only 1 person should book it.

No' date=' it's $229.99 for the cabana, no matter how many people. Only 1 person on the itinerary books it, not everyone. Though it looks like you can book it for each person in party, it does state on the reservation page, under the notes, that only 1 person should book it.[/quote']

Ok thanks that sounds much more reasonable.

Just to add fuel to the fire, HMC is the most beautiful beach I have stepped foot on! Second to Lanikai in Hawaii.... The sand, well I would not even call it sand..The POWDER is SOO soft and white. Its truly paradise. I wish I could go back soon. Enjoy, its a beautiful Island! Don't be afraid to take a walk to the backside of the island near the stingray's...its not as pretty, but a nice short walk. Also, check out the top deck view from the pirate ship. Quite amazing. Lastly, Don't be afraid to get wet, then go roll around in the powder.....

enjoy absolutely the best stop on the market wish we could stay the week there !:D

Us too..we absolutely loved it. It was our son's first trip to a beach and he had a blast.

Just don't forget to reapply your sunscreen frequently or the chef in the MDR may mistake you for a lobster and try to serve you for dinner. ;)

I don't even think they had the option of having sodas but maybe I'm wrong.... the kids were fine with water and the lemonade...

As far as drinks they walk around with them and no, you can't use your cheers card for them.

If you can swing the cabana rental (if memory serves on the quantity), 8 canned sodas and 2 big bottles of water are included...with the chips, salsa, guac, fruits and veggies.

I don't regret a cabana in HMC...we were #11. :)

• 1 month later...

Great information on Little Stirrup Cay or Half Moon Cay. What's the deal with the double name anyway???? My real question is.....can you use your own snorkel gear off the beach? I've heard different cruise lines have different rules. I'll be on the Fantasy in October. Thanks for any info.

Great information on Little Stirrup Cay or Half Moon Cay. What's the deal with the double name anyway???? My real question is.....can you use your own snorkel gear off the beach? I've heard different cruise lines have different rules. I'll be on the Fantasy in October. Thanks for any info.

Little Stirrup Cay and Half Moon Cay are two different places. Yes, you can bring your own snorkel gear.

If you want to be close to the crowds , pirate ship with loud music 1-6 , lunch 7-9 , bathrooms 10-11 , peace and quiet 12 on down enjoy absolutely the best stop on the market wish we could stay the week there !:D

Sounds like I'll be staying in the peace and quiet area.

Is the beach/sand just as nice farther down the beach or are certain parts of the beach nicer than others? In other words, is the beach that gorgeous no matter which area you stay in?

Can't wait to experience HMC.

Lunch is free. And hope you get to go next time. It truly is paradise.

Is lunch free for everyone or just for folks who rent cabanas/villas? Also are there lounge chairs to rent if you don't have a villa?

Sounds like I'll be staying in the peace and quiet area.

Is the beach/sand just as nice farther down the beach or are certain parts of the beach nicer than others? In other words, is the beach that gorgeous no matter which area you stay in?

Can't wait to experience HMC.

The entire beach has the softest sand you will ever feel!!! :)

Is lunch free for everyone or just for folks who rent cabanas/villas? Also are there lounge chairs to rent if you don't have a villa?

Lunch is free for everyone. Loungers are also free. :)

I'm 0 for 3 at HMC and scheduled to try again in August. I've seen that it's beautiful- from the deck. Swells too big to launch tenders.

What time of year have you gone before? I'm going in mid Oct.

Does anybody have a close up photo of the clam shells they have for rent on HMC and thoughts about them if you have rented one? Also, about the snorkel equipment- I saw a photo somewhere that the Carnival Excursion desk sold snorkels it looked like to me. Is this true? And if so, how much?

No picture... but the clam shells open to just over 90-degrees. They are at the back edge of the beach, where it slopes up and starts to get vegetation. They are anchored -- you can't drag them down to the water line.

Depending on where the sun is (early or late) some people will tip the shade forward so that it's in front of them rather than behind.

They are rented by the day, so be sure to keep your little receipt. The attendants will ask those without a receipt to move, as they fill up quickly.

Although there are just two loungers, we've seen groups/families rotate through the seats. We have been given receipts by people who were done (kids nap time) and have passed ours along to others. So, if they're all booked, keep your eyes open for families packing up. Nobody cares who paid for the seat, as long as there's a receipt handy.

Does anybody have a close up photo of the clam shells they have for rent on HMC and thoughts about them if you have rented one? Also, about the snorkel equipment- I saw a photo somewhere that the Carnival Excursion desk sold snorkels it looked like to me. Is this true? And if so, how much?

Here's a view of some clamshells....

A572.JPG

They do rent snorkel equipment on the island.....

HMC_Watersports_Prices_2014.jpg