Credit where it is due

Having spent the last hour looking at the new information available on the Dynamic Dining options. I have to say that I find the new options exciting and creative. Many of us have seen changes over the years, and have commented about "The Good Old days" well now we have " The Dynamic New Days" and I am excited. Sure I used to enjoy the traditional MDR and meeting my table mates, but in recent years with the development of speciality dining, that has changed as often either you or your table mates are elsewhere.

It is time to move on folks, and the new offerings will only ensure that the standards are also pushed backwards across other ships, and that can only be good for all of us.

I really think that there will be great choices for everyone, giving choice to those that like to keep it casual, as well as fine dining options to people like myself that enjoy dressing for dinner and more formal options.

We are now beginning to see the influence of LLP and the new team, and they are clearly trying to up the game in innovation and creativity. I am excited and am very pleased that we will be on the very first sailing of this new style of cruising from Royal Caribbean.

I look back in amazement as to how far cruising has come in the last 10 years, WOW where will we be in another 10 years. :D:D:D

The menus in and by themselves look really good with some interesting flavors and combinations. In fact, much better than the newly revamped MDR menus. There are four (for those in non-suites) restaurants that are free that take up the same space as a traditional MDR, so I'm not concerned about lack of variety. Plus a host of new Specialty concepts (though the pub menu looks a little too fancy…was hoping for a few traditional British pub grub faves) to try/experiment with. I just hope for two things:

1) That this concept is as dynamic as they are making it out to be. Can I walk up and eat where I want based on what I'm in the mood for? In several places on their site, it seems advised to pre-book - that really takes the dynamic nature away - especially if there is not a certain amount of seating allocated to walk-ups.

2) In the end, no matter the description the food has to taste good. Maybe with these "smaller" restaurants they can elevate the traditional MDR banquet style quality to something worthy of saying WOW since they are preparing each cuisine for a smaller set of guests.

There will be a lot of discussion over the ensuing months as to whether or not this is a NCL dining clone or is truly innovative. Time will tell once the ship is launched and cruisers have had the chance to try it out.

Nothing wrong with something new and the food on the menus sounds great, but why apply the "old" freestyle type of dining from NCL which so few Royal guests seems to like (many have said they no longer Cruise with NCL just beacuse of the freestyle concept).

Today we have seen nothing new or innovative.It's almost been funny to read Royal answering in the other thread on the difference between "Dynamic" and "Freestyle" dining. Answer has been Royal offer 4 included dining rooms and in total 18 places to eat. Well the coming NCL ship has also 4 included dining rooms and over 30 in total so I guess they are more "innovative" than Royal?

Food I'm sure will be great and most menus feature the kind of food I like, but I don't like that the fixed seating dining room is gone. I do eat at 2-3 of the speciality restaurants when cruising, but love having my fixed seating whenever I feel for that without the hazzle of booking almost years in advance something I have no clue of if I would like at the time of dining.

Pity Royal Went with the enlarged Solstice class type of ship from the beginning and not creating something completely new and interesting like the Oasis class.

Having spent the last hour looking at the new information available on the Dynamic Dining options. I have to say that I find the new options exciting and creative. Many of us have seen changes over the years, and have commented about "The Good Old days" well now we have " The Dynamic New Days" and I am excited. Sure I used to enjoy the traditional MDR and meeting my table mates, but in recent years with the development of speciality dining, that has changed as often either you or your table mates are elsewhere.

It is time to move on folks, and the new offerings will only ensure that the standards are also pushed backwards across other ships, and that can only be good for all of us.

I really think that there will be great choices for everyone, giving choice to those that like to keep it casual, as well as fine dining options to people like myself that enjoy dressing for dinner and more formal options.

We are now beginning to see the influence of LLP and the new team, and they are clearly trying to up the game in innovation and creativity. I am excited and am very pleased that we will be on the very first sailing of this new style of cruising from Royal Caribbean.

I look back in amazement as to how far cruising has come in the last 10 years, WOW where will we be in another 10 years. :D:D:D

Couldn't have said it better myself, I'm very impressed with the new dining program and look forward to experiencing it as soon as Royal lets me book Quantum for May '15 and Anthem for November or December '15!

Very well said! Times are changing and RC has to adapt to compete and meet the demands of the next generation of cruisers. I think it's great! Variety is the spice of life. :cool::D

I like the new dining options and variety they give. The one initial concern I have would be that there may be too many restaurants. I assume that some of these restaurants will double as evening entertainment, like the Michael's Pub and Café two70 for instants. As much as I enjoy a good dinner, it's not going to entertain me all night. There's the standard theater at the bow and now two70, so that's cool, but I look at all the decks on the new deck plans and I see a lot of restaurant and retail labels. I like to do more than just eat and shop during a cruise. There is still "more to come" so I am hoping, and assuming, most of them will be entertainment venues.

The way I see the booking of these Restaurants in advance, is no different from booking a special meal out at home. You look at what's available and book what takes your fancy. I think the choice is fantastic and I for one am looking forward to my Anthem Cruise in September 2015.

I agree and that is why my booking will keep us onboard for over 20 days on The Quantum :D, and similar on The Anthem, I intend to try all the dining options. :eek:

I will try every restaurant venue! That will definitely take more than 7 days. Looking forward to it.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

A few thoughts here:

1 - I am really happy with the menus and the options that are available. I think that Royal really answered the call here.

2 - I think that they may have over-sold the "Quantum Leap Forward" and "WOW" tag lines.

I think that this really ups the game for Ship DeCuisine, but like the ships or hate them, I though that Allure of the Seas struck a great balance between shows and entertainment, food and places to enjoy time at sea.

I don't know how many times I'll want to ride the bumper cars, and I'm not sure that there's a place like Central Park to relax while my daughter rode the carousel on the Boardwalk.

The Aquatheater show, Chicago, Ice Show, Show with the trampolines (whatever it's called), along with a lot of specialty restaurants ensured that there was plenty of activity for everyone.

Don't get me wrong me. I am excited about this ship, but I just don't see this as a quantum leap forward

The Aquatheater show, Chicago, Ice Show, Show with the trampolines (whatever it's called), along with a lot of specialty restaurants ensured that there was plenty of activity for everyone.

Quantum: The problem with having 18 dining options, it leaves NO SPACE for the big "Wow" spaces that we have come to know and love on other RCI ships.

Quantum: The problem with having 18 dining options, it leaves NO SPACE for the big "Wow" spaces that we have come to know and love on other RCI ships.

That's definitely a valid concern, but I think we need to wait for the final reveal to pass that judgment.

I agree with that!

One other thing that comes to mind. If the Summer is going to be a series of 5 or 9 day cruises, as it pertains to the 5 day cruises, how will one truly get to enjoy all of these wonderful eateries?

Maybe that's part of the plan, to get people to book either back-to-back or multiple cruises on the same ship.

One of the videos indicates that this is THE WOW of the ship - the food.

It's certainly a focal point for a lot of cruisers, but I don't believe that it's the focus of a cruise.

For me, it's the entire experience.

I am concerned about lack of pool space and entertainment when I'm not eating my self into a coma.

Living in New York (or any major metro area), you can go out and choose from any variety of cuisines at any time. For a ship based out of New York, focusing on the cuisine as THE WOW is just not the Quantum leap forward that I was hoping for, although, the creativity and concept should be applauded.

For years, I've heard others say that the food has gone down hill, and that the food on Celebrity is so much better.

Looks RCI may have outdone themselves!

The menus and concepts look amazing!

My upcoming trip will be between eight and eleven for most meals, as we travel with friends. Not sure if this will be large group friendly:confused:

From the photos, I'm sure they can handle large groups, the real issue is will large groups be able to handle the menu?

The odds of 11 people all wanting to eat at the same restaurant are pretty small.

I am impressed. It's so funny how people love to complain.

I really don't think it is a matter of people loving to complain in this situation. When there is change, people either like it or they don't. We have no choice but to go with the flow, but I can understand the unhappiness here. I also prefer set time and traditional dining, but I guess it is what it is.

Edited by Irene7

I am just wondering how larger groups will be handled. My upcoming trip will be between eight and eleven for most meals, as we travel with friends. Not sure if this will be large group friendly:confused:

From the photos, I'm sure they can handle large groups, the real issue is will large groups be able to handle the menu?

The odds of 11 people all wanting to eat at the same restaurant are pretty small.

I'm actually planning on booking Quantum with a large-ish group so I've been thinking about this. I think we'll just have to agree beforehand to make reservations to try all of the various restaurants, which I think will be satisfactory for my group. I'll make sure everyone reviews the menus as soon as we book though just to make sure there are no strong objections.

If the Summer is going to be a series of 5 or 9 day cruises, as it pertains to the 5 day cruises, how will one truly get to enjoy all of these wonderful eateries?

NCL's big new ships have the same problem, some 20 dining options and mainly 7night cruises!

On-board NCL, larger groups can be problematic! I've seen it.

Edited by London-Calling

I'm actually planning on booking Quantum with a large-ish group so I've been thinking about this. I think we'll just have to agree beforehand to make reservations to try all of the various restaurants, which I think will be satisfactory for my group. I'll make sure everyone reviews the menus as soon as we book though just to make sure there are no strong objections.

What I'm thinking is that we will have to book in advance to ensure that they have enough table space together to accommodate the group...only one I see as potentially a problem for my group is Silk - one couple isn't into Asian, but DH and I will do alone if we want to:p