Gluten Free food on Royal

mom2joshman

Once onboard, speak with your headwaiter.

He will work witrh you to have foods that are gluten free.

Each evening he will bring the next day's menus (B,L,D) so you can select appropriate items. He will also see which items that normally have gluten can be prepared for you gluten free.

With 24 hours notice, the pizza places can prepare gluten free pizza.

When using the buffet, speak with a supervisor, not just any worker there, to have gluten free products.

Caribill has it correct. You will use the "regular" menu to build the gluten free meal the next night. The head waiter in that section will guide you on options for the next day.

There is NOT a gluten free menu as such.

Edited by eandj

My best friend is celiac and sailed on board the Ruby and raved about how amazing the gluten free meals she had! Also, we are vegan and had special meals prepared for us. The head waiters are so attentive and she will have amazing gluten free meals! There is also a flourless chocolate cake!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

We will be headed out on the Royal shortly. My mother in law has celiac and we have already notified Princess about it.

For any others that have Celiac disease, how is the gluten free food on the Royal?

As stated since you noted the issue in the booking they will help you once onboard.

You can also get gluten free muffins at the international cafe in the mornings.

One word about expectations. I learned to my chagrin that who the executive chef is makes a huge difference. Last year on the Emerald transatlantic I had incredible gluten free food. Even gluten free souffle. We got off the ship in Copenhagen, and reboarded 11 days later for the baltic cruise. Unfortunately the executive chef left for a month and a new executive chef was onboard. Many things I asked for (which I had had on the first leg since the menus do repeat) were "not possible". I changed dining rooms back to the one I was in on the first leg in case that was the issue, and the food was better (the head waiter makes a difference too), but no where like it was on the transatlantic. I never had a flavorful sauce like on the first leg. I was really surprised at the difference. "Normal" dishes that my husband ordered were prepared very differently on the two cruises. I worked within the constraints on the second leg and everything was fine.

I still greatly enjoyed the cruise and will not hesitate to go back.

Robert was the head waiter in our dining room during our March break cruise on the Royal. Two members of my family are lactose intolerant and Robert did a great job helping us with the menus.

He would go through each option the day before and each night they would get the chef's choice for dessert. Sometimes the dessert was hit or miss but your mileage may vary with the gluten free options.

I think the Royal staff did an excellent job with the menus to accommodate the the members of my family.

We always choose to do anytime dining even with my gluten free and it works really well. We eat at about the same time every night and in the same section. We always start with a wait staff and continue to ask for them every night. We have never had a problem because of this. They know about my diet and also have gluten free bread for me without having to ask. I always get really good service and are made to feel really special.

We were on the Royal during the first week of March. One of my travelling companions follows a gluten-free menu. Our waiter brought the NEXT evening's menu to her each evening and they easily worked out what she would have for the next day. She was very satisfied with the service.