How long a walk is it from cruise port to RP

theverro

Hello!!

I've seen several post pertaining to this, but now cannot find them.. so..

We will be in the Cayman Islands next year, but unfortunately with 5 other ships and nearly 20000 passengers... so I am guessing that the taxi/traffic situation will be pretty atrocious when coming off the tender. Therefore looking to see how long a walk it is from the Cruise Port to Royal Palms. I'll be there with my 11 and 14 year olds, who are both in good shape and can handle long walks.

I remember seeing a detailed review with picture on the walk, but again, cannot find it, so if someone know and could provide that link for that review, that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
I calculated the distance once at 1.756 miles from the northernmost terminal (Royal Watler) to the Royal Palms. That calculation was based upon the street addressing system in use in Cayman.

Do you know how much a taxi is from the cruise port to Rum Point? Also how long would it take to catch the bus from the library to Rum Point, driving time for the bus?

Do you know how much a taxi is from the cruise port to Rum Point? Also how long would it take to catch the bus from the library to Rum Point, driving time for the bus?

You;ve changed teh focus of this thread from Royal Palms to Rum Point - two very different locations quite far apart.

Taxi fares from the port area to Royal Palms should be around US$5 per person. Fares are often on a per person basis in the Seven Mile beach zone as the taxis are actually licensed as tour buses.

The regular bus system has its hub next to the George Town library. Fare from there to Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach should be US$2.50 per person. Departures are every few minutes and will drop you off roadside next to Royal Palms. Just ask the driver.

However Rum Point is a much further drive, around 45 minutes from the port area. From the George Town area (including the port area) all the way to Rum Point will be about US$80 for up to three passengers. The regulated fare system permits a surcharge of 1/3 of that base fare for each additional passenger. Return taxi fare would be another $80. Taxis do not wait at Rum Point hoping to pick up passengers. You must pre-arrange your return trip.

The public bus system does not routinely reach Rum Point. The closest it reaches is Hutland, about 4 miles from Rum Point and fare to go that far should be about US$5 per person. You might be able to negotiate a route diversion for an additional fare. You must pre-arrange your return as well.

Most visitors to Rum Point choose to rent a car. Much less chance of missing your return to the port that way.

You;ve changed teh focus of this thread from Royal Palms to Rum Point - two very different locations quite far apart.

Taxi fares from the port area to Royal Palms should be around US$5 per person. Fares are often on a per person basis in the Seven Mile beach zone as the taxis are actually licensed as tour buses.

The regular bus system has its hub next to the George Town library. Fare from there to Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach should be US$2.50 per person. Departures are every few minutes and will drop you off roadside next to Royal Palms. Just ask the driver.

However Rum Point is a much further drive, around 45 minutes from the port area. From the George Town area (including the port area) all the way to Rum Point will be about US$80 for up to three passengers. The regulated fare system permits a surcharge of 1/3 of that base fare for each additional passenger. Return taxi fare would be another $80. Taxis do not wait at Rum Point hoping to pick up passengers. You must pre-arrange your return trip.

The public bus system does not routinely reach Rum Point. The closest it reaches is Hutland, about 4 miles from Rum Point and fare to go that far should be about US$5 per person. You might be able to negotiate a route diversion for an additional fare. You must pre-arrange your return as well.

Most visitors to Rum Point choose to rent a car. Much less chance of missing your return to the port that way.

Sorry wasn't trying to change the focus of the post. I just saw you on a post and you have been most helpful in the past. Thanks for the information

Google Earth is your friend

tender landings to Royal Palms, straight line, 1.7 miles

Rum Point is a problem because you can't travel straight line ... not even CLOSE

check . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ