luggage tags!

memory-minus

I'm confused -- when did X stop sending luggage tags? We had no trouble at all ordering them for last month's Century cruise. :confused:

We ordered in early February and they never arrived. Many here had a similar experience. I reordered on 3/21 after we upgraded to a suite and they arrived today.

I'm confused -- when did X stop sending luggage tags? We had no trouble at all ordering them for last month's Century cruise. :confused:

Hi Wwcruisers,

The OP's thread title was somewhat misleading. The luggage tags program was never stopped. I can only presume they had an issue with their first order. We ordered luggage tags a few weeks ago, and they arrived within a matter of days.

I've re-titled the thread, to avoid any further confusion.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Wwcruisers,

The OP's thread title was somewhat misleading. The luggage tags program was never stopped. I can only presume they had an issue with their first order. We ordered luggage tags a few weeks ago, and they arrived within a matter of days.

I've re-titled the thread, to avoid any further confusion.

LOL Andy -- thanks! For a moment there, I thought I'd stumbled onto the RC boards, by mistake! :D ;)

PS -- I'm so hoping that everything works out, and you and your Mom can enjoy your upcoming Eclipse cruise. I would love to hear about it when you return, as we are taking our first Eclipse cruise, this December. :)

It seems like there is at least some degree of trouble in getting the luggage tags. I ordered ours online about 4.5 weeks out... and got nothing!

I called about 10 days later and after a lengthy hold time, I got an agent who was able to see that I'd ordered them but that it hadn't gone through for some reason. This was not a shock based on reading other cruisers' experiences here on cc.

This agent re-requested the tags for us and we received them about a week later. Yay!

LOL Andy -- thanks! For a moment there, I thought I'd stumbled onto the RC boards, by mistake! :D ;)

PS -- I'm so hoping that everything works out, and you and your Mom can enjoy your upcoming Eclipse cruise. I would love to hear about it when you return, as we are taking our first Eclipse cruise, this December. :)

Hi Wwcruisers,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are keeping our fingers crossed, that we'll be able to sail next weekend. I promise not to let you down, and will try to post occasionally from the ship, and share additional insights when we return home.

I sincerely hope you will enjoy Eclipse as much as we have, over the years.

Edited by Host Andy

I ordered mine three weeks ago and never received them. This being my first celebrity cruise and having experienced a forty five minute wait on hold with customer service, I'm not impressed with their service.

We had no problem getting ours but when we did receive them I was bummed that my kids got theirs but I didn't get mine.....then I opened the envelope. They sent both together!!!

I order early last week for a cruise leaving Monday. Received 3 packages of name tags a few days later. :D

How far I. Advance do you normally order them?

Thanks

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used to get luggage tags, but now I am led to believe that we do not get them in the UK, they are only for people in USA or Canada.

Luggage tags cannot be mailed to you for this sailing. If you are unable to print them at home, you may obtain luggage tags from the Porter at the pier.

Just saw this. I tried to order a second time. It has been a few weeks since we ordered the first time. Still no tags. Guess we will be printing ours.

• 2 weeks later...

I went online 3 days ago to complete my online booking info for next Saturdays Reflection cruise. I tried to get luggage tags but got a message saying they were not available for this cruise. I assumed it was too late and planned to just print them.

However, I was surprised to have received them in the mail today!

2 packs of them in fact, with some for my husband and myself in each envelope!

It seems like there is at least some degree of trouble in getting the luggage tags. I ordered ours online about 4.5 weeks out... and got nothing!

I called about 10 days later and after a lengthy hold time, I got an agent who was able to see that I'd ordered them but that it hadn't gone through for some reason. This was not a shock based on reading other cruisers' experiences here on cc.

This agent re-requested the tags for us and we received them about a week later. Yay!

Update:

When we returned home from our March 30 Silhouette sailing, I quickly went through the mail which my sister graciously collected for us while we were sailing and found--you guessed it--an envelope from Celebrity with another set of luggage tags!

I have no idea if these were the first ones I requested online or the second set I requested over the phone.

My suggestion: Request tags as soon as they are available to allow ample time to re-request if necessary. It seems that they really do send them but perhaps their speed further defines the term snail mail!

Have you guys used those small luggage tags look a likes, which are on express pass? It says you can't use them, but what if you don't have the real ones?

Worst case--make your own! Last fall DH and his work buddies booked Majesty of the Seas one day in advance after their originally scheduled trip "non-cruise" trip was derailed by a tropical storm. They had no luggage tags, but I composed and printed a tag for DH's bag on MS Word with his ship, name, room number etc. in bold high-lighted print and affixed it to his bag. No problem!

Have you guys used those small luggage tags look a likes, which are on express pass? It says you can't use them, but what if you don't have the real ones?

If you dont want to order them you have 2 good choices...

1- have the porters at the pier put tags on your luggage

2- print the ones that are in your cruise docs (not your express pass). The ones that are in your cruise docs have the lines to fold them to make them strong enough to last during the embarkation process. They are also color coded like the ones you get in the mail.

the ones that come with your express pass are not intended to be used for your luggage, they are meant to be used to indicate to the porters how to code the manually created tags.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The luggage tag option disappeared from two of my reservations for an upcoming mid-May sailing. The option was there. I ordered. Nothing came for weeks. I checked my online reservations just recently (as of the date of this post -27 days out) and both now show the message:

Luggage tags cannot be mailed to you for this sailing. If you are unable to print them at home, you may obtain luggage tags from the Porter at the pier.

I know that RCCL has stopped issuing tags in advance and CC does not send to some countries like Australia. I'm Canadian so I wonder if CC is restricting to US mailing addresses only.

Not a problem. A little photoshop work. A couple of stationary store index card sized laminate (heat seal) pouches and a zip strap. Presto. Custom luggage tags.

Edited by TheMediaman