New One Way Cruises from Galveston to San Juan and back again!

jwalk03

Looks like the website is showing 2- 11 day Southern cruises starting in Galveston and ending in San Juan. Each followed by a 10 day Eastern starting in San Juan and ending in Galveston on the Carnival Triumph.

Its about time they added a few new cruise options to the mix!

11 Day Southern leaves Galveston on 10/24/15 & 1/16/16.

10 Day Eastern leaves San Juan on 11/4/15 & 1/27/16.

Southern includes ports of Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Aruba; Bonaire; Grenada; Martinique; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Eastern includes ports of St. Thomas, USVI; St Kitts, WI; St. Maarten, NA; Antigua; Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas.

Edited by jwalk03

Looks like the website is showing 2- 11 day Southern cruises starting in Galveston and ending in San Juan. Each followed by a 10 day Eastern starting in San Juan and ending in Galveston on the Carnival Triumph.

Southern includes ports of Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Aruba; Bonaire; Grenada; Martinique; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Eastern includes ports of St. Thomas, USVI; St Kitts, WI; St. Maarten, NA; Antigua; Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas.

And the best part is that we'll be able to book them as a B2B..........time to start saving.....:p

And the best part is that we'll be able to book them as a B2B..........time to start saving.....:p

Right! That would be one heck of a 21 day cruise. Hits everything from the Bahamas to Aruba and back! lol

The Southern cruise is almost perfect....except for Martinique. Ugh. Hey! But this is a great option! And as someone mentioned above, the fact that the itinerary includes Aruba means that PVSA requirements are met, thus allowing a B2B roundtrip from Galveston!

The Southern cruise is almost perfect....except for Martinique. Ugh. Hey! But this is a great option! And as someone mentioned above, the fact that the itinerary includes Aruba means that PVSA requirements are met, thus allowing a B2B roundtrip from Galveston!

San Juan is exempt from PVSA anyway. Thats why the 1 way from San Juan to Galveston is still allowed, even though it does not visit a "distant foreign port"

San Juan is exempt from PVSA anyway. Thats why the 1 way from San Juan to Galveston is still allowed, even though it does not visit a "distant foreign port"

I had a mental lapse there. :o You're right, this B2B doesn't require the distant port since it would be considered a "closed loop" itinerary, and as you said, San Juan is exempt anyway, so the one ways are allowed, with or without Aruba.

Enjoy everyone!

Edited by Tapi

Those new itineraries are pretty cool, if you have the time to take that long of a cruise. I wish they would've mixed up the 7 & 5 day cruises though...

There really isn't anywhere else they can go out of Galveston in 7 or 5 days besides the places they already go, unless they did 5 or 7 night one way cruises. The only other round trip option would be Costa Maya or maybe somewhere else in Mexico. At least this is a start.

What's wrong with Martinique ?

I've visited Martinique on a couple of cruises and I also used to visit Martinique frequently for work. I hate to say this, but I do believe that there's some discrimination against Americans. Martinique caters heavily to European tourists and they do bend over backwards for them. However, Americans are a very small percentage of their tourism industry.

The first time I visited Martinique (on a cruise ship from San Juan), there was an actual boycott from taxi drivers who refused to pick passengers up from cruise ships originating in the US. Unless you were on a shore excursion, you had to walk into town. Once in town, there was a definite duality on the way tourists were treated. I'm multi-lingual, and if I attempted to talk to a store clerk in English, they would be stone cold and uncooperative, but if I attempted to talk to them in Spanish or Italian, the expression would change to smiles, and a very helpful demeanor.

As mentioned above, I visited Martinique frequently for work, and the experience from a business perspective was no different. Many times it was frustrating. Their actions to stall or delay our operations felt like a clear indication that they didn't want our business.

Martinique is a beautiful and prosperous island and it doesn't need the American tourist or business to thrive...and they know it.

Edited by Tapi

This cruise is just what was mentioned by a group of officers that Carnival was working on,

but at that time were not sure if it would be introduced or which ship.

(we had mentioned that a lot of people really wanted something different from Galveston).

We are really thrilled with what they have put together, as we to didn't want the hassle of

flying to or from San Juan, so have put a hold on a cabin BtoB.:)

Edited by jst

Oh excited. That would play havoc on us that drive into Galveston trying to figure out the best way to accomplish the return trip, but I think I can manage.

:)

I've visited Martinique on a couple of cruises and I also used to visit Martinique frequently for work. I hate to say this, but I do believe that there's some discrimination against Americans. Martinique caters heavily to European tourists and they do bend over backwards for them. However, Americans are a very small percentage of their tourism industry.

The first time I visited Martinique (on a cruise ship from San Juan), there was an actual boycott from taxi drivers who refused to pick passengers up from cruise ships originating in the US. Unless you were on a shore excursion, you had to walk into town. Once in town, there was a definite duality on the way tourists were treated. I'm multi-lingual, and if I attempted to talk to a store clerk in English, they would be stone cold and uncooperative, but if I attempted to talk to them in Spanish or Italian, the expression would change to smiles, and a very helpful demeanor.

As mentioned above, I visited Martinique frequently for work, and the experience from a business perspective was no different. Many times it was frustrating. Their actions to stall or delay our operations felt like a clear indication that they didn't want our business.

Martinique is a beautiful and prosperous island and it doesn't need the American tourist or business to thrive...and they know it.

OK, sounds like they're just being French !!

I've found if you at least try to speak a little French it totally breaks the ice, as did you in effect too.

I'm with you on your opinion of Triumph. For me , I'll take it over the Magic any day..We were on the Oct 22 sailing..

Pay no mind....we went on the Triumph in October and we loved the ship, and the crew was super friendly. Have a great time!! :cool:
Edited by overthehillcruiser

I think there are some that will always associate it with the ill fated sailing in February 2013...I was nervous before we went, I had friends on that cruise. But the ship looked great, very clean and I really enjoyed Guy's/Blue Iguana. Love the Magic too, but sometimes it is nice to be on a smaller ship..a little easier to navigate.

I'm with you on your opinion of Triumph. For me , I'll take it over the Magic any day..We were on the Oct 22 sailing..