Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Does anyone have information on the balcony differences between the family balcony versus the large balcony on decks 8 or 9? We are looking to book the Escape for March 2016. Have to wait until after our dawn cruise in 2 weeks to have our FCC. I was excited to see connecting door and non connecting door large balcony staterooms depending on deck. Also, I see the splash academy and guppy nursery on the plans, has Entourage been listed on the plans for the teens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entourage, the teen club, is on deck 17, right by Margaritaville.

I have been following this thread very closely and the more I see about this ship the more I have to try her out.

Oh wait, I will be! I booked her for September 3rd next year :D Finally, my first NCL cruise! Will be eagerly awaiting more updates here on this very informative thread

Does anyone know anything about the inaugural celebrations? Usually they have a big bash with celebrities on the day they leave port? We are hoping jimmy buffet might be there to christen his new restaurant and bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there is a very good chance of that on the 3-day inaugural!!

I have been following this thread very closely and the more I see about this ship the more I have to try her out.

Oh wait, I will be! I booked her for September 3rd next year :D Finally, my first NCL cruise! Will be eagerly awaiting more updates here on this very informative thread

Good to see you over here Chris. We really enjoyed out first NCL cruise and plan to sail them as part of our rotation going forward. I think you'll have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Good to see you over here Chris. We really enjoyed out first NCL cruise and plan to sail them as part of our rotation going forward. I think you'll have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Dave I think so too. It will be interesting to compare this to Quantum as I think this their answer to Quantum class.

I haven't ruled out booking the 6 night western before my September 3rd sailing for a total of 13 nights on board

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk

Does anyone have information on the balcony differences between the family balcony versus the large balcony on decks 8 or 9? We are looking to book the Escape for March 2016.

Have to wait until after our dawn cruise in 2 weeks to have our FCC. I was excited to see connecting door and non connecting door large balcony staterooms depending on deck. Also, I see the splash academy and guppy nursery on the plans, has Entourage been listed on the plans for the teens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The freestyle promo expire jan 31/2014. I think you should book now and pay the deposit only now and apply the FCC in 2 weeks when you get it. But call NCL and ask to make sure you can do it that way, I know you can do it the other way around because I did that for our upcoming getaway in November. I pay the deposit with one of the FCC I had to secure the UBP now and I will pay the rest later. And if you can't do it that way, the UBP has a value of $800 and the UDP around $250-300 for 2 people, The FCC only will save you $100. The next promo is supposed to be 3-8 extra people sail free. If you traveling with kids it might be better, crunch numbers and see what makes more sense for you.

Edited by teseo

I would think that as long as they are under the $10 price point then yes, but who knows:rolleyes:

When we were on the Getaway "specialty" beers were not included in the UBP, even if they were under $10. I wonder if the beers in the pub will qualify as "specialty.":cool:

When we were on the Getaway "specialty" beers were not included in the UBP, even if they were under $10. I wonder if the beers in the pub will qualify as "specialty.":cool:

Ugh. That would be the worst possible news ever. :eek:

When were you onboard? Up until the latest price increase beers over $5.50 were not included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

When were you onboard? Up until the latest price increase beers over $5.50 were not included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

June 2014. I quoted the $10 from the previous posters statement. I'm not sure what the price allowance was for beers, all I know is that if you tried to order a "specialty" beer it was not included, even if it was under the price allowed for beers.

This is what the website says:

"Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 15% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Also not available for guests under the age of 25 years old on domestic itineraries during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates. Blackout dates do not apply to Norwegian Jade or Norwegian Spirit for 2015 itineraries."

I just switched from OBC to UBP...do I need to switch back?

Considering how many choices there are on this ship, especially dinning venues, a week is too short....

So now I have found myself booking two cruises. First is the Nov 14th (first 7 day cruise), and then a second sailing in May of next year. This way I can see how things smooth out after 6 months of service. A balcony (deck 15)on the first cruise and a outside on deck 14 overlooking the bow on the second cruise. Of course this all depends on whether I like the Escape as much as the Getaway which was great.

Is this too much of a good thing??????:rolleyes:

By the way, this thread is the cause of my excitement........shame on you all:D

Considering how many choices there are on this ship, especially dinning venues, a week is too short....

So now I have found myself booking two cruises. First is the Nov 14th (first 7 day cruise), and then a second sailing in May of next year. This way I can see how things smooth out after 6 months of service. A balcony (deck 15)on the first cruise and a outside on deck 14 overlooking the bow on the second cruise. Of course this all depends on whether I like the Escape as much as the Getaway which was great.

Yeah I'm thinking about booking a second cruise myself lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Yeah I'm thinking about booking a second cruise myself lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I originally booked a 7 night eastern Caribbean for next year and found myself after coming to this thread and watching the YouTube videos saying that I want more time to experience the ship as well. So I booked the 6 night western Caribbean before to give me a total of 13 nights!

I was able to have the same cabin for both cruises, an aft balcony on deck 9

I originally booked a 7 night eastern Caribbean for next year and found myself after coming to this thread and watching the YouTube videos saying that I want more time to experience the ship as well. So I booked the 6 night western Caribbean before to give me a total of 13 nights!

I was able to have the same cabin for both cruises, an aft balcony on deck 9

We currently have the 3-day booked, and a week in March. Depending on this new Feb 1st promotion, I may very well add an additional week for late 2016 or early 2017 :D

We currently have the 3-day booked, and a week in March. Depending on this new Feb 1st promotion, I may very well add an additional week for late 2016 or early 2017 :D

Are you doing the Spring Break Cruise for OCPS? I was thinking about booking that week with my kids too depending on the promo.

I have the August 28th and September 3rd sailings.

I opted for the ultimate dining package on the 6 night and ultimate beverage package on the 7 night :)

I have the August 28th and September 3rd sailings.

I opted for the ultimate dining package on the 6 night and ultimate beverage package on the 7 night :)

I'm looking at one of those ... whichever is the Western. May very well be on that sailing!

Can you please give me info , can you book shows and specialty rests from cabin tv, or do you have to wait in long lines, I really don't want to plan ahead, any help would be nice:):)

U can book things from your cabin TV, from your mobile phone via the iconcierge app or by using the touch screens around the ship. You can also make restaurant bookings from tables set up or at the restaurants themselves.

After a fantastic experience on NORWEGIAN GETAWAY, I'm happy to say I booked the maiden crossing of NORWEGIAN ESCAPE! I'm sailing October 29 Southampton to Miami. I can't wait to experience all the great new things ESCAPE will have to offer, and enjoy all those familiar things which are similar to the GETAWAY!

Ernie

U can book things from your cabin TV, from your mobile phone via the iconcierge app or by using the touch screens around the ship. You can also make restaurant bookings from tables set up or at the restaurants themselves.

thanks, will we still have a good choice doing it then, compared to before...:)