Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I must be all turned around. I thought the shot you included is looking aft and would be the starboard side?

Same here, the starboard side is close to the hall's side. The port side has the extra blocks and cranes (and the visitor's centre walkway), she's bow in first, aft fading the hall door, if I am correct.. :)

Same here, the starboard side is close to the hall's side. The port side has the extra blocks and cranes (and the visitor's centre walkway), she's bow in first, aft fading the hall door, if I am correct.. :)

So it seems you and I are playing from the same sheet of music!:D

It looks like I may have been right about the forward upper decks not there yet.

2015_04_13_Halle_6_2_W466.jpg

Maybe next Monday I'll be able to see my cabin.

Well this picture is the first of the M6 Balconies and they do seem to be the same size as the away's despite the literature suggesting otherwise.

Wish the pic was bigger but the M6 and B6's do appear as they should.

8b36f7f838957e6e8a4bf0017160fd14.jpg

012ca4a9a8bb143ab8d347dd11f2794f.jpg

8ee3a47a7043aa759baa5a63ae19ea8d.jpg

We are going to be in the Mid-ship BA Balcony 15190 Nov 21st cruise...Should I be worried about the Overhang from Garden Cafe and Sun Deck? What about chairs being moved around? When we sailed the Getaway, we had the Mid-ship Mini Suite on Deck 14. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by kismet618

We are going to be in the Mid-ship BA Balcony 15190 Nov 21st cruise...Should I be worried about the Overhang from Garden Cafe and Sun Deck? What about chairs being moved around? When we sailed the Getaway, we had the Mid-ship Mini Suite on Deck 14. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wouldn't this basically be the same thing? It seems based on the location of your cabin on your Getaway cruise, you would be best equipped to answer this question should another poster ask it.

Wouldn't this basically be the same thing? It seems based on the location of your cabin on your Getaway cruise, you would be best equipped to answer this question should another poster ask it.

From the pics, it looks like the overhang is deeper...but I could be wrong. To be fair, We had the UBP on that cruise, and my recollections are a little hazy...lol :D

I have a question, we are booked in the aft haven penthouse on the 11th level, port side. If anyone has seen the deck plans, there is kind of a chunk out of the room as compared to the 12th deck and up. Any idea what that might be, and would you move to 12? I'm a newbie so any insight appreciated. Thanks!

I'm guessing that you're in 11312?

I think it's just the way that the deckplans are drawn. The "style" is drawn slightly differently than the Breakaway/Getaway plans. For example, the "angle balcony" on the Escape deckplan (11296, for ex) might lead someone to believe that the stateroom is angled but looking at how a similar room is drawn on the BA/GA (11294 with a little white triangle), the stateroom is still rectangular.

As far as how the decks differ, even something as simple as the numbering changes. On deck 10, the H6 numbers read one way while the rest of the H6 numbers read the other way. There are other anomalies (straight vs. curved) that probably won't be sorted out until people actually see them in person and report back. Room configuration, depth of balcony, etc....

I'm sure someone who knows more than I will correct me if I'm wrong (I'm also a newbie). :p

BTW, I'm in 12306

I'm guessing that you're in 11312?

I think it's just the way that the deckplans are drawn. ...

I know that it's impossible to be definitive. But what would be your best guess, based on the latest photos:

Would you agree that the aft-facing balconies on deck 11 appear to be bigger than those on deck 13? Or is that just an illusion? 11 looks deeper, but perhaps that may be because the doors are on already on deck 13 and might not be on 11. Anyone with eagle eyes and a good guess?

Lloyd! Thank you so much for the up-dated photos! VERY interesting to see. Hard to believe that in 5 short months I will be boarding her in Papenburg and loading in the main stage shows and getting them up and running! very exciting! I am truly looking forward to experiencing this whole process. From Papenburg to Bremerhaven to Hamburg, then South Hampton and on to Miami! The Escape will be my home away from home for nearly 8 weeks! For a "theatre" guy that has always had a fascination for cruise ships and sailing, this is truly the "best of both worlds" project for me! Looking forward to it!

Thank you!! When do you cruise? We are in March 2016

May 2016. That should give me enough time to change rooms (if needed) after info comes in. Even if I have to stay in the smallest balcony and the less desirable room configuration, I'm going to have a great time. I'll just gather the information as it comes in from actual cruisers since NCL info is....not exactly accurate. ;)

I know that it's impossible to be definitive. But what would be your best guess, based on the latest photos:

Would you agree that the aft-facing balconies on deck 11 appear to be bigger than those on deck 13? Or is that just an illusion? 11 looks deeper, but perhaps that may be because the doors are on already on deck 13 and might not be on 11. Anyone with eagle eyes and a good guess?

Looking at this pic....

7e6d598e93be1920efa81d13e0805c98.jpg

...13 looks a bit deeper than 11 but the deckplans seem to say the opposite.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

What level deck is the one with the thing that sticks out over the side? Thanks for your patience with my newbie questions.

Do you mean the big glassed-in space that hangs out over the cabins below? That would be the Garden Cafe buffet on Deck 16.

Yeah, seeing my window in Ray's pic really brings it home. (Front OV, along the slope, 2nd row from the bottom, 3rd from the middle, port side.) And here I was thinking I'd manage not to get too excited until summer, at least.

Obviously this is the wrong thread for staying calm. :D

Yeah, seeing my window in Ray's pic really brings it home. (Front OV, along the slope, 2nd row from the bottom, 3rd from the middle, port side.) And here I was thinking I'd manage not to get too excited until summer, at least.

Obviously this is the wrong thread for staying calm. :D

That's so cool that you can see your window. Those OVs should be really nice. Hopefully next week I'll be able to see mine. We're just a few decks above yours on the other side. Hope you enjoy the TA.