LIMEageddon

charlie52

So I sent the question of "lime supply" on the Equinox for the upcoming TA leaving on Monday -- here is the response:

Good Evening,

I have checked on this question with the Head of the relevant department on our ship, and we should be absolutely fine with our stocks.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.

Looking forward to meeting You !

Kind regards,

Milica Stankovic

Michael's Club Concierge

Celebrity Equinox®

So now, you must reply to Milica and thank her for this and let her know that her reply is the ESSENCE of your agreement to continue with your reservation on your upcoming cruise.

Then if no limes you have a case for a refund on your cruise fare for not delivering something that was clearly indicated would be available and you indicated was of primary importance to your agreement to the cruise contract.:D

Dear Mr. Bayley

Why not convert the lawn club to a Lime and Lemon grove on the Soltice Class ships. It would be the first Citrus orchard at Sea. A green and yellow marketing first. It might qualify the ships for some Agricultural tax credits. Furthermore, it would create or save jobs on board(help the global economy) by hiring orchard workers or shifting the lawn maintenance guys to this task and possibly save costs by reducing middleman markups and transportation costs to get the product on Board. You could then raise the prices at the lawn club grill so people could enjoy the BBQ Grill experience in a Napa Like setting. You could move the Elite Cocktail Hour(weather permitting) to a fragranced organic scented locale and think of what it would do for your on board wedding program bookings.. The possibilities are endless

Dear Mr. Bayley

Why not convert the lawn club to a Lime and Lemon grove on the Soltice Class ships. It would be the first Citrus orchard at Sea. A green and yellow marketing first. It might qualify the ships for some Agricultural tax credits. Furthermore, it would create or save jobs on board(help the global economy) by hiring orchard workers or shifting the lawn maintenance guys to this task and possibly save costs by reducing middleman markups and transportation costs to get the product on Board. You could then raise the prices at the lawn club grill so people could enjoy the BBQ Grill experience in a Napa Like setting. You could move the Elite Cocktail Hour(weather permitting) to a fragranced organic scented locale and think of what it would do for your on board wedding program bookings.. The possibilities are endless

Very creative! Thanks for the morning laugh.

We're going on a TA later this month out of Ft. Lauderdale, and I'm going to bring 5-6 limes on board, just in case. I can't imagine security confiscating them. :confused:

Oh, I don't think this is a good idea. If everyone knows you have a supply of limes, you will probably be tackled!

We're just off the Silhouette and there were only 3 days they ran out

of Limes. We're they really out? ...or was the bartender too busy (or too lazy)

to get them?

Doesn't matter - we had our supply. We used 3 of ours. Gave another 5

away to others. It was no problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From a New York paper:

"Airline passengers might notice something missing in their vodka tonics or diet cokes: the lime. A recent shortage and spike in the price has caused some airlines-for now-to stop offering the fruit in their beverage service..."

"We're just off the Silhouette and there were only 3 days they ran out

of Limes. We're they really out? ...or was the bartender too busy (or too lazy) to get them?"

That's not really fair. The bartenders can't just leave their post to go looking for limes (or any other ingredient). The bar areas are stocked by others (kitchen staff?), and once the bars open, the bartenders don't leave their very busy posts. It is unreasonable, imo, to expect the bartender to run off to another bar or to the kitchen for a restock. Not his job, and he'd probably get in trouble for even trying it.

I was on last week's Summit. We started with no limes, but then the rumor spread that we would pick some up in Barbados (first port). And the rumor was true. Limes were available the rest of the sailing. Never saw so many Mojitos!!!

Currently on board the Connie. NO LIMES! Heard a rumor they only have them in the Martini Bar. I will check on this tonight. :D Everything else...most excellent!!

Last week, we fueled up in Mexico, but then we only had them at the Sunset Bar! Find Christopher and tell him you need the limes!!!:D

Update from the Connie....no limes in the Martini Bar last night either! Talked to the bar manager this morning and forgot to ask her about limes. :D We were too busy reminiscing about prior cruises. (She still has her Woo Hoo III button from the Eclipse.) We are in Cozumel today so will check out the situation once more. So far, if you want a Corona, you will have to settle for a lemon wedge in it. :eek:

Currently in the middle of the Atlantic on the Equinox and we have limes!! Quick story - we were in Michael's Club day of embarkation waiting for our room. The server asked what we wanted to drink and I asked for a Margarita - "but do you have any limes?" I asked. She said they would have some later in the afternoon. I proceeded to present to her a lime that I brought on board for use....she was impressed and I think still telling the story of a guest with his own limes.