Family Suite Cost - what do you consider a deal?

Janieee

For those of you who have sailed in a family suite on the Dawn, can you share what you paid (with taxes), the # of adults/children sailing and the date you sailed?

Trying to figure out if we got a good deal or a bad deal. We paid $3,600 (with taxes) for two adults and one child with a $550 on board credit. Sailing 5/30.

On the Star 11/12 out of NOLA we paid a little over $4000 for the SJ suite with a $300 OBC.

But that was for 4 people and over Thanksgiving week.

This Thanksgiving we have it again on the Dawn out of NOLA and it was considerably less expensive and a $350 OBC

But I booked it 3/2013 almost 21 months out when they first released the sailings. I was one of the first ones because I had my pick of any one of the SJ's

Edited by matj2000

We went in 2013 the week before Easter, and paid $4500 - 2 adults and 2 kids. Had a great time, and the privacy of the 2nd bedroom is great. One drawback is the small balcony...but the living room and espresso machine made up for it....and the bathroom...to die for.

• 2 weeks later...

You got a good deal. We were booked in a SJ for the sailing on 6/13 two weeks after you and our total with taxes was $4,652 for 4 people. We have since upgraded to a different suite.

ps. we made the original booking a long way out, I think it was January of 2013

For those of you who have sailed in a family suite on the Dawn, can you share what you paid (with taxes), the # of adults/children sailing and the date you sailed?

Trying to figure out if we got a good deal or a bad deal. We paid $3,600 (with taxes) for two adults and one child with a $550 on board credit. Sailing 5/30.

We are booked in an SJ suite on the Dawn as well. We are also a family of three (Mom, Dad, and 12 y/o son). We are sailing on Jan 18/15 from NO. Our 7 day Western cruise cost us the average rate, which the NCL website shows during the booking phase, of $815 pp + taxes.

In actuality our cruise fare breaks down as follows:

Adult 1 & 2 $1099.00 each and the third person (our son) was $249.00 for a grand total of $2753.03 including tax. We also will receive $450 obc with this booking. NCL has offered some better promotions since we first booked but the average cruise fare has also increased since we made our booking. The average rate is currently $949 pp as compared to the average cost of $815 pp when we booked. That is a difference of $134 pp or a total of $402 for all three of us before tax or $418.87 after the tax is added. So far the new promotions do not outweigh the lower price from when we booked so I have not altered our booking. I think we got a smoking deal so I will not alter things unless NCL makes it worth while to do so. I am super happy with the deal we already have in place. I also forgot to mention that being from Canada we were able to make our booking in Canadian dollars as NCL still offers Canadian at par with the US greenback. So that also translated to increased savings as well. We made this booking about 13.5 months in advance. The average price stayed the same until the cruise was less than a year out. That is when the cruise jumped from the average price of $815 to $949 and remains there today.

Hope this helps...

I booked an SJ suite with 3 adults and $500 OBC for $2853.34 through a major discount store. The other SJ I booked is for 2 adults and 3 kids and it is $3199.30 with a $500 OBC...the second one I had booked almost a year out and the the other was a month later...

We are booked in an SJ suite on the Dawn as well. We are also a family of three (Mom, Dad, and 12 y/o son). We are sailing on Jan 18/15 from NO. Our 7 day Western cruise cost us the average rate, which the NCL website shows during the booking phase, of $815 pp + taxes.

In actuality our cruise fare breaks down as follows:

Adult 1 & 2 $1099.00 each and the third person (our son) was $249.00 for a grand total of $2753.03 including tax. We also will receive $450 obc with this booking. NCL has offered some better promotions since we first booked but the average cruise fare has also increased since we made our booking. The average rate is currently $949 pp as compared to the average cost of $815 pp when we booked. That is a difference of $134 pp or a total of $402 for all three of us before tax or $418.87 after the tax is added. So far the new promotions do not outweigh the lower price from when we booked so I have not altered our booking. I think we got a smoking deal so I will not alter things unless NCL makes it worth while to do so. I am super happy with the deal we already have in place. I also forgot to mention that being from Canada we were able to make our booking in Canadian dollars as NCL still offers Canadian at par with the US greenback. So that also translated to increased savings as well. We made this booking about 13.5 months in advance. The average price stayed the same until the cruise was less than a year out. That is when the cruise jumped from the average price of $815 to $949 and remains there today.

Hope this helps...

We will be on it the week before you...:D

We went in 2013 the week before Easter, and paid $4500 - 2 adults and 2 kids. Had a great time, and the privacy of the 2nd bedroom is great. One drawback is the small balcony...but the living room and espresso machine made up for it....and the bathroom...to die for.

Small balcony? We were in an SD on the Dawn last summer and the balcony was HUGE! We absolutely loved it. Oh wait - I don't think you are talking about a family suite; ours didn't have a second bedroom.

Edited by KateQ22003

We just sailed 3/21/2014 two adults two children (2 yo and 14 yo).

$3800 all four including insurance with $450 ship board credit

I did a lot of shopping comparisons. Given the perks you get on NCL vs Carnival (none), Princess and Celebrity we loved the suite life on NCL.

Perk Comparison Guide

Ship board credit can be used for anything on board and at the end room service/stewart tipping/charges.

We can't afford the $5K suite range. So this was a splurge for us to upgrade from a balcony to a suite with all the attention and TCL you get.

Take full advantage of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, plus room service from MDR menu if you want.

It all depends on when you're sailing too. That's a great price that you got. I had to reschedule our Boston to Bermuda for the last week of June and it's still $6000 for 3 of us because of when it is. DH is a teacher/administrator and we can only travel during peak times. You learn to live with it.