When is the earliest time you can actually board the ship?

Pomcoach

Our ship is leaving port at 5 pm. I'm wondering if we can board earlier, like maybe even early enough to have lunch? What is the earliest time that we can board? This will be our first cruise with Norwegian. When we used to sail Carnival, we could usually be getting food at the buffet by maybe 1 pm. on boarding day. Since our Norwegian Sky Cruise this time is only a 4 day, we want to make every second count.

• 1 month later...
We are always on board in time for lunch. We prefer the MDR to the buffet. It's usually quite empty and relaxed while most pax are grazing at the buffet. Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi,

Can one check-in early and board the cruise and then get off again to roam around the city a bit?

Why not check your luggage at the dock and just wander until a couple of hours before sailing?

Hi grahicguy,

What do you mean 'check luggage at the dock'? How does this work and is it possible in Copenhagen? Thanks

Hi grahicguy,

What do you mean 'check luggage at the dock'? How does this work and is it possible in Copenhagen? Thanks

He meant, check in your baggage with the porters, don't even go an 'check in' at the dock. Go wander in CPH until you're ready to be processed. You need to be checked in and on board no later than 2 hours prior to sailaway!!

Otherwise you can get to the docks, give luggage to porters, check in and then exit the check in area and go to the city. But still you need to be on board no later than 2 hours prior to sailaway!

You can always get on 11:30-noon in NY. I show up 10:30-11 and never has an issue. They say show up at 2 but earlier is better and works

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave in 6 weeks for Bermuda :)

So excited....I will probably get to the Pier about 10:30-11:00 as well.

It's only a 20 minute drive, and hubby is just dropping us off.

The minute the car pulls away WE ARE ON VACATION AND BREAKAWAY!!

Booked back in September and the anticipation of this cruise is what got me through the horrible winter.

Happy Sailing!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006