Vantage

johnandlinda

My wife and I took our first river cruise last year after years of ocean cruising. After a lot of study we chose Vantage and sailed on the River Splendor from Budapest to Cologne. We thoroughly enjoyed it and plan on booking the French Waterways cruise with Vantage. I can't compare Vantage to other river cruise companies, but I can whole heartedly recommend them.

We have been very happy with our landtours and Rivercruises with Vantage. Have booked Treasures of France for July this year. Looking forward to traveling on their new riverboats as the last boats we were on (Russia, China) were not Vantage owned. We find the service and quality of Vantage travel excellent.

We have done Vantage Russia and Vantage China. These were two of our very best trips.

First class hotels in great locations, great tour guides and program managers, river cruises were great. Vantage always beats Viking in price. Also, Vantage has excursions that emphasize meeting the local people and learning the culture.

We have done Vantage Russia and Vantage China. These were two of our very best trips.

First class hotels in great locations, great tour guides and program managers, river cruises were great. Vantage always beats Viking in price. Also, Vantage has excursions that emphasize meeting the local people and learning the culture.

As you can tell from my signature, I've done quite a few trips with Vantage and have been more than satisfied with the ships, hotels, tour managers, tour guides, transportation (buses with bathrooms in most places) food and optional tours. So far I've done Budapest to Amsterdam; Egypt and Jordan; Costa Rica by sailing ship; Holland and Belgium (at tulip time); Russia and Ukraine; and I'm doing Budapest to Constanta in June...I have yet to be disappointed and yet to have a major complaint. (ONLY complaint as anyone who reads this board knows) is their failure to return e-mails).

I haven't tried AMA, but I've heard good things about them; and I haven't tried Viking, but I've seen mixed reviews. I have no reason to book with anyone else. :D

After many ocean cruises, we booked our first river cruise with Vantage last September, sailing on the Rhine & Mosel. We were sold! Our ship was brand new and our cabin was the best ever! We've booked again for this coming September, this time in France, from Paris to Marseille.

We have done two cruises with Viking, and we're looking at a possible cruise with Vantage next year. In my research, I've found that CC posters are generally very positive about the line. Surprisingly, there are only 3 member reviews on CC, and one of these is fairly negative.

FuelScience

We have done two cruises with Viking, and we're looking at a possible cruise with Vantage next year. In my research, I've found that CC posters are generally very positive about the line. Surprisingly, there are only 3 member reviews on CC, and one of these is fairly negative.

FuelScience

Here are my reviews of our Vantage trips.

Russia, Kiev and Baltics

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1478384

China

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718320

Here are my reviews of our Vantage trips.

Russia, Kiev and Baltics

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1478384

China

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718320

Thanks for posting. I would encourage you to post them in the Member Reviews section of CC. A lot of folks look for reviews there and never bother going to the Forum section.

FuelScience

Thanks for posting. I would encourage you to post them in the Member Reviews section of CC. A lot of folks look for reviews there and never bother going to the Forum section.

FuelScience

I always try to do so, but had technical problems in doing so for my vantage trips.