Unopened beer cabin

Princess30

I have searched for hours, lol. Does anyone know if the bartenders on the breakaway will allow you to get an unopened beer to take back to your cabin ? I purchased the ubp and wouldn't mind having a few beer in the fridge for the balcony.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have seen posts where people have been allowed, if they ask. I don't think it's that much different from the beer buckets, if you can have them unopened. Definitely not an abuser, but I think it would be nice to have a few beers for the balcony. If not I guess I'll buy a few buckets.

I would not count on it. Whenever I've had the soda package soda cans are always opened first and then handed it to you.

But a good tip and a sweet smile might be all you need.:)

A good tip may be all I need :)

I highly doubt it. If I were running the UBP I would not allow it. This opens the doors to massive abuse of the program.

I see your point and NCL may very well have such a rule in place but at the end of the day this probably will come down to the individual bartender and as stated a tip is likely to achieve the desired result more often than not.

My wife went to the bar on the GEM last year and returned to the room with [2] unopened beers to keep in the frig

I'll keep my fingers crossed, thanks for responding.

I see your point and NCL may very well have such a rule in place but at the end of the day this probably will come down to the individual bartender and as stated a tip is likely to achieve the desired result more often than not.

The UBP is for individual drinks and they will usually/supposed to open for you, probably to avoid having a person order many beers for all his/her buddies somewhere else; however if the bartender allows it ...

Btw, is there an absolute hard limit on the number of drinks on the UBP, I think I heard Carnival has some sort of daily max?

My wife went to the bar on the GEM last year and returned to the room with [2] unopened beers to keep in the frig

The UBP wasn't in effect last year was it? Anyone can pay for beer and have them leave it unopened. They don't open all the beer bottles in a bucket! It's only with the UBP when you are only allowed one drink/beer/glass of wine at a time that keeping it capped would be an issue. Although I don't think one at a time would be an issue only multiples since you aren't allowed multiples at the same time.

The UBP wasn't in effect last year was it? Anyone can pay for beer and have them leave it unopened. They don't open all the beer bottles in a bucket! It's only with the UBP when you are only allowed one drink/beer/glass of wine at a time that keeping it capped would be an issue. Although I don't think one at a time would be an issue only multiples since you aren't allowed multiples at the same time.

The UBP was available last year. I can't remember exactly when it started, but is had been around for a little while before the Breakaway Transatlantic in April/May last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it would hurt to ask the server to not open the bottle. The only problem being you are limited with the Ubp. I would think they would only give you another beer if you finished the first. But technically you could get a beer, run down to your cabin and then go back and get another. I've been given unopened beer bottles but I have also never had the beverage package. Just make sure you get a beer that doesn't require a bottle opener.

Maybe these would help - they're silicone caps for keeping open beer bottles fresh.

http://www.amazon.com/Beer-Saver-Reusable-Silicone-Bottle/dp/B00467QN54

Reviews are mixed, but they could be worth a try.

Those look pretty neat, I guess that bring me to my next question, I drink coors light, do they give you bottles or cans?

I don't think it would hurt to ask the server to not open the bottle. The only problem being you are limited with the Ubp. I would think they would only give you another beer if you finished the first. But technically you could get a beer, run down to your cabin and then go back and get another. I've been given unopened beer bottles but I have also never had the beverage package. Just make sure you get a beer that doesn't require a bottle opener.

I think I'll pack an opener just in case, I have found my hubby to be very resourceful in opening beer bottles, lol.

Those look pretty neat, I guess that bring me to my next question, I drink coors light, do they give you bottles or cans?

I think the Coors light comes in the wide mouth aluminum bottles with the big re-sealable caps.

The UBP is for individual drinks and they will usually/supposed to open for you, probably to avoid having a person order many beers for all his/her buddies somewhere else; however if the bartender allows it ...

Btw, is there an absolute hard limit on the number of drinks on the UBP, I think I heard Carnival has some sort of daily max?

I haven't heard of a limit with the UBP other than if you appear too drunk to be served.

That's what I'm thinking I'll try. If I get a regular bartender I'm going to all the time, he's quickly going to realize that it's just my husband and I, who both have the package. I think with good tips and familiarity, he'll probably realize I'm not taking the bottles to give to strangers or resell out of a trunk. It's worth a shot. The worst that can happen is I'll be told no.