Surprise Upgrade: I can't believe our luck - I'm still crying!

It makes me happy to see that someone who's been down on their luck got an upgrade. That's how I like to see them come

Enjoy your cruise!

Good Things Happen to Good People!!!

It is so nice to hear a good story and to know that this made you so happy... and you are so appreciative!!! Good for you and your lovely family!! I hope you have the BEST CRUISE EVER!!!

Thank you both!!! :)

Congratulations. And I hope you have a wonderful cruise -- it's an awesome experience. We did the Spanish Immersion Cruise out of Panama in 2012 on the Grandeur ... my DD still considers that her favorite cruise.

I remember reading your review emeraldcity!

We are leaving next week on the Vision of the Seas Cultural Immersion cruise out of Panama.

We booked during the WOW sale after Thanksgiving, and got an oceanview cabin for a steal. It's just my husband and I and our 4-year old son.

It's been a rough few months for our family - lots of health problems, a rental home we own got destroyed by tenants and had to be fixed, a car accident, etc. etc.

To say that we have been looking forward to this trip would be an understatement!

I went to check in online this morning and found that: we've been UPGRADED to a Superior Aft Balcony cabin!!!!

I started crying on the phone with the RCCL agent. I'm so excited, I can't stand it.

I'd love to see any photos people have of these cabins/balconies as well!

I've never gotten any kind of upgrade on a cruise, and I'm thrilled!

Hey great for you and your family. I can honestly state that RCCL beats the others hands down.

So happy for you! And jealous, jealous, jealous. We did this cruise two weeks in a row last month and had a ball!! We almost stayed on a third week. have a great time!!

Jane, I just finished reading your great review a few days ago, and it made me even more excited!! Thank you!

Hey great for you and your family. I can honestly state that RCCL beats the others hands down.

Ur post just made me so happy, after all ur troubles I hope u have a wonderful time.

Its fab when good things happen to good people.

Congratulations x

Thank you! I appreciate that! We're so grateful - I can't wait!

Jane, I just finished reading your great review a few days ago, and it made me even more excited!! Thank you!

So glad that it was helpful. It was the best cruise we've been on in the last few cruises! Have fun!!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Reading your post certainly brightened my day!

Have an fantastic cruise. Please take lots of pictures and when you return you can post them here. I'm sure many people (including me) would love to see them.

Awesome, thanks Tropicalgal2! I'd love to hear more about your week on the Vision?!

We are now in 7658!!

Congrats and may you have a terrific and restful time. I noticed on cruiselinerooms dot com , someone posted pictures of the adjoining cabin (7656). It can give you an idea of what to look forward to. (EXCITING :) )

Go to that website, select Royal Caribbean, Vision, and Deck Seven. You will see 7656 available as a past passenger posted photos of it!

Brig

ETA: These are probably pre-refurbish photos judging by the TV and Vanity set up, so, its even better now I'm sure!

Edited by Brigbound

What great news for you. And the Vision has been upgraded, so new flat screen TV's, and a few new restaurants as well.

We sailed on her a year ago, doing a TA, Norwegian Fjords, and the Baltic. She has one of the best crews in the fleet. Both captains are fantastic.

Just when it all was not working well for you.......the upgrade fairy paid you a visit. Good for you Royal Caribbean!!:)

Enjoy!!;)

Rick

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Reading your post certainly brightened my day!

Have an fantastic cruise. Please take lots of pictures and when you return you can post them here. I'm sure many people (including me) would love to see them.

JimAOK1945 - I definitely plan to do a review with pics when I return! I see you're sailing next year on Vision, so count on it! :)

Congrats and enjoy the cruise

Sounds like you really deserve it

Greg

Good for you!

Congratulations on your upgrade!!!!!

Smooth sailing, and hope for calmer seas for you.

Sea Ya

So excited for you and totally understand how after hard times, it means even more! Enjoy every moment!!!

wow, so happy for you! Sounds like you've had such a rough time. Glad you found some good tenants. Hope this upgrade is just the beginning of blessings for you and your family. Have a great cruise!

Thank you all!!!

Congrats and may you have a terrific and restful time. I noticed on cruiselinerooms dot com , someone posted pictures of the adjoining cabin (7656). It can give you an idea of what to look forward to. (EXCITING )

Go to that website, select Royal Caribbean, Vision, and Deck Seven. You will see 7656 available as a past passenger posted photos of it!

Brig

ETA: These are probably pre-refurbish photos judging by the TV and Vanity set up, so, its even better now I'm sure!

Thanks Brig! I'd never visited that website, so fun to see!!

What great news for you. And the Vision has been upgraded, so new flat screen TV's, and a few new restaurants as well.

We sailed on her a year ago, doing a TA, Norwegian Fjords, and the Baltic. She has one of the best crews in the fleet. Both captains are fantastic.

Just when it all was not working well for you.......the upgrade fairy paid you a visit. Good for you Royal Caribbean!!

Enjoy!!

Rick

Thanks Rick! Can't wait. The upgrade fairy certainly came at the perfect time for us!

Awesome, thanks Tropicalgal2! I'd love to hear more about your week on the Vision?!

We are now in 7658!!

We were in 8588 which is a corner on the 8th deck. We LOVE the AFT JS. They are nice and big. On Vision this year there were two chairs and a fold-out couch. (7654 was a little different layout and only had the one couch . . . Don't know about Vision though!) There was plenty of storage space and the deck is SO nice to sit on and relax! Everything was updated in September/October so it was nice and new. I LOVED the tub as we don´t have one here.

Last year we were on Grandeur in 7654 and LOVED it! The extended balcony was GREAT! ! ! The one thing that I wish I would have brought was Duck Tape. The connecting deck door would rattle at odd times. It was locked from both sides but I think that the Tape would have stopped the rattling. We had two lounge type chairs, two sitting chairs and a small table.

It was quiet except for one night. They turned down the music after on a few minutes. So it really wasn't an issue! !

Your room should be the opposite of our room 7654 last year. I am attaching photos of 8588 this year on Vision and photos from 7654 last year on Grandeur.

1270242342_Vision8588bed.jpg.66e09b2d1ea910e049c88e781769be72.jpg

Vision 8588

1880533702_Vision8588bathroom.jpg.a53a6b165b5280021182989c8b3e6e3e.jpg

Vision 8588

629066424_Vision8588Deck.jpg.5daf877eb5d801dfabe32b0e6d3a8705.jpg

Vision 8588

1519551219_Grandeur7654bed.jpg.fe39f71e09d12f29f619db09ef4bb42c.jpg

Grandeur 7654

1252203840_GrandeuroftheSea73540b.jpg.55d2f2a101d58bc9979e37a5eaaa7e51.jpg

Grandeur 7654

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Sailawaybellaluna,

Very happy for you. We got our very first upgrade last cruise and were so very surprised

We sailed Vision last Aug. and the crew made the cruise one of the best cruises we have been on!

Could you please email me at my" screen name" at Comcast dot net?

We are leaving next week on the Vision of the Seas Cultural Immersion cruise out of Panama. I started crying on the phone with the RCCL agent. I'm so excited, I can't stand it. I'd love to see any photos people have of these cabins/balconies as well!

This is just awesome! I left you a couple of pics on the "Show me your aft thread" as I hadn't seen this thread yet. Be sure you thoroughly enjoy breakfasts on your balcony... FANTASTIC!!!:D And also be sure to do sail away from your cabin more often than not... especially Curacao: :D

Curacao_zpsb5f3f68f.jpg

HAVE A SUPERB CRUISE!!!!! :p:D