What do you wish...

Beach bag (we use a free giveaway one because it's huge and will hold two beach towels + misc crap), extra meds (have I dropped my morning pill down the sink? Yes I have. Fortunately it's nothing life-sustaining), and fewer clothes (which I have known for the last several cruises, and will probably still pack too much next time too).

Pop up laundry hamper or a mesh laundry bag (at the end of the week, I just put the whole pop up hamper in my suitcase with the clothes still in it! :p)

Neosporin (sand fleas are NO fun)

CASH - SMALL BILLS!

I brought a highlighter for the Compass on my first cruise, then realized that it was MUCH easier to just set reminders for the things that I wanted to do in my cell phone. The clock tool/app on most cell phones allows you to set multiple alarms. I set the alarms about 30 minutes prior to the start time for each activity, so I could decide if I still wanted to do that activity or not and if so, I could begin making my way there without rushing! So when it was time to go to the ice show, 30 minutes before show time I got an alarm that said "Ice Show" on my phone. This also kept me from having to carry the Compass around all day. ;)

Battery powered, motion detector night lights. One for the cabin & one for the bathroom. It's really dark in there. LESS CLOTHES........ after 8 cruises, I STILL bring too many!! I wear a swim suit & cover up most days & casual clothes for dinner/shows at night. That's all you need...... period. :D Yeah......... I'll TRY to remember that come October. :rolleyes:

I brought a highlighter for the Compass on my first cruise, then realized that it was MUCH easier to just set reminders for the things that I wanted to do in my cell phone. The clock tool/app on most cell phones allows you to set multiple alarms. I set the alarms about 30 minutes prior to the start time for each activity, so I could decide if I still wanted to do that activity or not and if so, I could begin making my way there without rushing! So when it was time to go to the ice show, 30 minutes before show time I got an alarm that said "Ice Show" on my phone. This also kept me from having to carry the Compass around all day. ;)

Love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jlrn366419

We have a waterproof waist purse for anything we may not want to leave onshore while snorkeling. A zipped pocket on a men's swimsuit works just as well...except for wet cash!!!!!

The bathrooms in the balcony cabins on the Allure have night lighting. Very sufficient. We could never find a perfect place to plug one in, so this is perfect. There is so much storage space on this ship. The bathroom itself has lots as well as all the drawers, shelves, in the desk area. We didn't use it all and we were heavy packers. Thought we needed much more than we did!

The track area is nice and by itself, not like other ships where the track wraps around the pool deck. At the aft, the track opens to a beautiful sitting area (it's pretty secret) and along the sides of the ship where the lifeboats are, the view is beautiful. So bring your walking shoes!!!

Edited by pinkroses

9 weeks til we sail on the Lady Allure, can't wait. Starting to get together a packing list...what's the one thing or things you wish someone would have told you to bring or you wouldn't have forgotten? Or wish you knew before you sailed. So happy to be lucky enough to have this wonderful opportunity. Thanks to all :)

I'll keep her warm for you! We sail in eight wks. June 1 :)

Don't forget a highlighter pen for the compass

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[*]Dry erase markers - you can write messages on the mirror!

[*]Small first aid kit for minor emergencies

[*]Over door shoe rack - I never knew how handy it would be until I used it! Keeps the cabin far less cluttered.

[*]Large pillow case to use as a laundry bag - Keep it in your suitcase under the bed, convenient but out of the way

[*]Inflatable pool noodles!

Edited by panoramaofthepast

We bring a big closeable plastic bag; like a giant ziplock bag. We put our sandy water shoes and any damp swim suits in there so they don't funkify the rest of our luggage.

If you think you might get motion sick, bring Ginger Gum.