Dumbest Things a Celebrity Rep Ever Told You That was not True?

Lastdance

There is a major inter-departemenal problem with communications.

Make that "a major COMPANY-WIDE problem with communications." Celebrity does many things very well, but communication is not one of them- from the website to customer service phone reps to onboard dissemination of information.

Amazingly, my TA tells me that the website that they see to do bookings (not what we see) is one of the best in the industry.

I recently called to inquire about a Choiceair flight that I could see on my end via the internet. I was told that it was a direct flight, even though it clearly had a layover. After going back and forth for a few minutes, I finally got her to see it wasn't. She then proceeded to say that the flight I was trying to purchase disappeared from her screen and was no longer available.

I hung up the phone, called back, and got another representative whom was able to see the flight clearly and help me with the purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Direct and non-stop are not the same thing. The agent was correct.

"Many people think nonstop and direct flights are interchangeable terms, but there are differences between the two. A nonstop flight does as its name suggests: flies from one airport to another without stopping. A direct flight, on the other hand, makes stops along the way. Often, passengers traveling on direct flights make a stop at a midpoint airport and remain seated on the plane while some passengers exit and others board."

When booking for Connie I asked for the drink package promotion only to be told it wasn't available.

I was surprised and asked what perks were available and was told that we could have $250 OBC instead.

"Would that be OK?" I was asked. Sure I said and I booked the cruise.

15 minutes later I was called back to be told "Ooops sorry. That was a mistake.

Would you consider taking the drink package and $100 OBC. ""I suppose so" I said while trying not to giggle.:D

I would love to the list of the dumbest questions the X CSR's have been asked
I am sure they are even dumber but the customers aren't getting paid to be dumb.

When booking for Connie I asked for the drink package promotion only to be told it wasn't available.

I was surprised and asked what perks were available and was told that we could have $250 OBC instead.

"Would that be OK?" I was asked. Sure I said and I booked the cruise.

15 minutes later I was called back to be told "Ooops sorry. That was a mistake.

Would you consider taking the drink package and $100 OBC. ""I suppose so" I said while trying not to giggle.:D

I am sure they are even dumber but the customers aren't getting paid to be dumb.

At least you get the drink package!! I was told I would get it.....them got the phone call (after I paid in full) saying we wouldn't get it!! Still frustrated!!!.....We sail on April 13

I am amazed at the lack of information given out by some of the phone teps. Recently, I went to the Phiadelphia Flower Show. Celebrity was a major sponsor. They had a large booth set up with X reps passing out brochures and promotions for booking during the show week. I took the info home and decided to book a cruise. I called the phone number printed on the sheet that had the show promotions on it. I waited on hold forever. I got an agent who not only did not know anything about the Flower Show promotion, but also insisted any cruise that is not roundtrip cannot get any promotions. I was angry. I sent an email to Michael Bailey. A week layer, I got voicemail by a person from his office leaving me a number to call. When I called, I was not able to get through to the person who called. I was then told that nobody ever heard of the Philadelphia Flower Show promotion. I was told to send the flyers to Miami. No response. .....and I did NOT book the cruise.