Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

There's two types of smoked salmon. The one to put on a bagel is Lox. Usually cold smoked. That's what's onboard. Served at the deli. Then there's hot smoked, never seen that onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Personally don't like hot. Other than at the deli, I have gotten the cold at "teatime" and off the breakfast hanger in the room. I order the makings and put it all together myself. I didn't call it lox as there is more than one type of that. The just plain smoked is on the ship. Thank goodness, as I don't like the oily, peppered, "gravitz" (can't spell it).:o

There's two types of smoked salmon. The one to put on a bagel is Lox. Usually cold smoked. That's what's onboard. Served at the deli. Then there's hot smoked, never seen that onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the clarification! I'm going to give it a try this cruise. At least then I'll know. I haven't found any other way salmon is prepared that I like - but you never know!

• 4 months later...
MDR food customization hack:

I find the eggs overcooked when I order Eggs Benedict from the menu in the MDR, so I make my own by ordering English Muffin, poached eggs, a side order of ham (or salmon) and Hollandaise sauce on the side, and put it together myself.

I solved this problem by ordering mine with the sauce on the side. Never got another overcooked, lukewarm or coagulated eggs benny after I started doing that :) Same thing/less effort, especially when they insist on bringing every item on a separate plate.

• 4 weeks later...
I get a slice of pizza and then a burger without the bun from the buffet and cut the burger up over the pizza for a burger pizza. If it's during lunch, I drizzle a little ranch dressing over the top.

Sounds horrid but so so good!:D

I also like to mix a little hot cocoa in my coffee in the mornings.

I'm going to try this next cruise.

• 2 months later...
I solved this problem by ordering mine with the sauce on the side. Never got another overcooked, lukewarm or coagulated eggs benny after I started doing that :) Same thing/less effort, especially when they insist on bringing every item on a separate plate.

This is sheer genius!! Eggs benedict is my absolute favorite thing to order for breakfast. And this simple ordering technique seems like it will ensure that it will be freshly made to order! Thanks :hearteyes:

So for breakfast, we love I-Hop stuffed french toast. Last few cruises they have had the strawberry sauce on the lido buffet for breakfast. First get a few slices of french toast, then spread some cream cheese on top then pour strawberry sauce over the top of it all. Very tasty if you like that kind of breakfast!:D Thanks for reviving this post, hadn't seen it before, there are some great ideas!

I would have never thought of this. Sounds delicious! I have always been a savory breakfast orderer but when I see things like this on menus (like IHop) I am usually tempted to try, but never do. I will remember to give this a try on our upcoming cruise!

We are heading out on the Miracle tomorrow and I am undecided about the bottomless bubbles. We are bringing plenty of our favorite canned sodas, but the juice option from BB might be nice. However many of you talk about using the fruit juices offered at breakfast throughout the day for other tasty treats. Does this mean that juice is free/included at breakfast? If so, is it only certain kinds? I'd like to squirrel away some OJ for mimosas on the balcony.

Does this mean that juice is free/included at breakfast? If so, is it only certain kinds? I'd like to squirrel away some OJ for mimosas on the balcony.

Apple juice, orange juice and pineapple/orange/guava (POG) juice are available only at breakfast. Inside until 10-10:30. Outside at the grill to about noon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...