Pirate Day!

MichelleChell

Thanks for answering.

Do you dress like a pirate ALL DAY or just for a party that night?:confused:

LuLu

~~~

I would guess all day? That's just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like starting in Sept there will be Pirate Day Fleet wide! I think its cool and will be something different and fun!

Sorry if this was already posted.

Sept 19th is National Talk like a Pirate Day. Are they doing it just then or on every cruise?

In the old days, when I was very young :rolleyes:, cruiselines used to have a different theme every night such as Hawaiian night and Western night. Cruisers were advised what the themes would be and encouraged to dress for the occasion. Participation was voluntary and parades were held and prizes awarded. By the time I started cruising there was 1 themed night along with the formal nights. Anyone remember this?

Several year ago we sailed the Conquest and I learned that they had a Mardi Gras party. No notice from Carnival, learned about it here on CC. It was a great party and beads were given out and also tossed into the crowd but no one dressed up or wore masks-my minimum expectation for a Mardi Gras party, especially for the staff. I did a face mask with Face paint and enjoyed myself.

The choice is yours-you can participate or not. :)

Edited by Smiling Cruiser
spelling

Its not a prank. If you join John Healds FB page you will see that all the cruise directors are in conference. They are coming up with new things to replace the same ol same ol.

It seems to be getting an awkward reception over there as well. It appears oit took getting 24 CD's together to copy other lines ideas instead of something new and inventive. Maybe next they'll have the horn blowing Hickory Dickery Dock during sailaway.

Perhaps life size Fruit of the Loom furuit characters is next. Those 4 guys need some more exposure, and fit fight in.

Edited by Pine Bluff

International Talk Like a Pirate Day has been around for almost 20 years and my state is one that recognizes it..yay! I fail to see how this idea is "gimicky" or "stealing from Disney" simply because Disney made a very popular series of movies. The Caribbean has a rich history that includes some of the most infamous pirates in history; Disney didn't create that.

Carnival bills itself as the "Fun Ships" and I guess if people are that turned off by the idea, they can sail other lines, or not sail in September. I think it's a neat, new addition :)

Disney does it and so many on here rave how good of a cruise line they are. So must be a good idea.

Great idea if you are 6. but for adults?......pleeeese. Hey Carnival quit wasting money on stupid stuff and bring back the steel drum bands for caribbean cruises. NOT cartoon characters.

Great idea if you are 6. but for adults?......pleeeese. Hey Carnival quit wasting money on stupid stuff and bring back the steel drum bands for caribbean cruises. NOT cartoon characters.

I don't know if you knew but there are kids and families on these cruises who enjoy this sort of thing. This thread alone shows that to be the case. While I'd like steel drum bands on the Lido, I'd love something else for my kids to enjoy.

And I'd like to dress up and have a pirate party too. And I'm 38.

Maybe if more "adults" would lighten up and enjoy being a big kid, people would stop complaining so much about voluntary things that they can choose to participate in or not.

I for one, will participate and have a great time. Just like other events on the ship, I choose to do some and some don't interest me. What you will not find me doing is complaining about things that don't interest me and questioning others on why they do find them interesting. Life seems to work pretty well that way.

Maybe if more "adults" would lighten up and enjoy being a big kid, people would stop complaining so much about voluntary things that they can choose to participate in or not.

I for one, will participate and have a great time. Just like other events on the ship, I choose to do some and some don't interest me. What you will not find me doing is complaining about things that don't interest me and questioning others on why they do find them interesting. Life seems to work pretty well that way.

Well said. It seems that some people think that if it doesn't interest them then there is no need for it. The hairy chest competitions and some of the shows don't interest me but I do understand that there are some out there that enjoy watching them. I just find something else to do at that time. I guess that ties in to the "It's all about ME" attitude that so many people have these days.

Well said. It seems that some people think that if it doesn't interest them then there is no need for it. The hairy chest competitions and some of the shows don't interest me but I do understand that there are some out there that enjoy watching them. I just find something else to do at that time. I guess that ties in to the "It's all about ME" attitude that so many people have these days.

Thank you and I agree with you as well. There are many activities that don't interest me as well, but I think it's great that they offer so many options as people do have various interests. I was laughing about a complaint that the chocolate left on pillows was bad....ummm...don't eat it? Shewwww.....that was a close one.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day has been around for almost 20 years and my state is one that recognizes it..yay! I fail to see how this idea is "gimicky" or "stealing from Disney" simply because Disney made a very popular series of movies. The Caribbean has a rich history that includes some of the most infamous pirates in history; Disney didn't create that.

Carnival bills itself as the "Fun Ships" and I guess if people are that turned off by the idea, they can sail other lines, or not sail in September. I think it's a neat, new addition :)

Exactly! I change my language to Pirate every year for ITLPD...does that mean I"m copying also copying Disney??

I've never understood why some people are so worried about what others are doing. Life's a buffet and some poor suckers are starving to death!