Suites has been reclassified on the Gem

I was just on NCL's website & instead of the Haven suites being listed as S1, S2 they are now listed as H1, H2 etc.

Non Haven suites remained the same, (SC, SF etc) I think it will be easier for the customers to know whether they have Haven access this way. It should stop the confusion.

If this reclassification is true, it's not for the customers, it's for the clueless phone agents, IMO.

Us stupid customers somehow have a grasp of the situation.

Those on the phone not soooo much. :rolleyes:

I feel this is for them. "H" is for Haven, "S" is for suite, "M" is for mini-suite,

"D" is for .......

Perhaps now there will be less mishap bookings, at least for newbies.

I have always visualized the nightmare bookings that "could/can/do" occur due to miscommunication/misunderstanding with the phone agents. Why you ask? Well 1/2 of it is the wrong cabin info on their site and others. It truly is sad. IOW it's an easy mistake to occur IMO, depending on vessel.

Edited by bear3412

I was just on NCL's website & instead of the Haven suites being listed as S1, S2 they are now listed as H1, H2 etc.

Non Haven suites remained the same, (SC, SF etc) I think it will be easier for the customers to know whether they have Haven access this way. It should stop the confusion.

Did they reclassify the mini suites to a Deluxe Balcony? That would truly help the cruisers booking and stop all the confusion.

The reclassification you're talking about......sounds good and looks good....but will most likely only help the TA's and the PCC's. LOL

Harriet

I a guessing it is just easier at check in and for booking, certainly much less confusing for anyone questioning Haven access.

"Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to bring to your attention that we are changing the stateroom

category codes for The Haven. This will not affect your reservation or

experience in any way, nor do you need to take any action. You may, however,

notice that the category of your stateroom is now preceded with the letter "H"

instead of an "S" on your travel documents or when logged into My NCL.

Once again, this will have no impact on you.

For your convenience, we recommend you check in online at http://www.ncl.com/MyNCL up

to 24 hours prior to your cruise so you can print your luggage tags and boarding

documents prior to arrival at the port.

We look forward to seeing you onboard!"

Did they reclassify the mini suites to a Deluxe Balcony? That would truly help the cruisers booking and stop all the confusion.

The reclassification you're talking about......sounds good and looks good....but will most likely only help the TA's and the PCC's. LOL

Harriet

From the fishing website

H = Haven (Formally S followed a number)

S = Suites without Haven access (SC, SE, SF) remains the same

M = Minisuites remains the same

I am confused. What is a suite without Haven access. I understand that not all suites are located on the Haven deck but even I in my S9 with have access to the Haven.

Only the new ships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape) have all suites included in the Haven. Gem/jewel class have some Haven suites and some not, even older ships do not have a Haven at all.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

From the fishing website

H = Haven (Formally S followed a number)

S = Suites without Haven access (SC, SE, SF) remains the same

M = Minisuites remains the same

I never realized that people who were in suites located outside the Haven didn't have use of the Haven facilities. Hunh. Learn something new here every day.

On some of the older ships (i.e. not the Epic, Breakaway or Getaway), there are suites which do not have access to the Haven/Courtyard. Last year, we sailed in an aft PH suite on the Pearl and while we had suite amenities (butler, concierge, Cagneys, etc.) we did not have access to the courtyard on the Pearl. I think it's because on those earlier ships, the Haven/Courtyard is a much smaller area.

However, on the newer/bigger ships, NCL has decided that all suites are Haven suites (i.e. have access to the Haven regardless of location).