Souvenirs

beasfriend

Some of the local shops in town, east of (in back of directionally) the Plaza, have really good hammocks. The ones along the Plaza or at the cruise ports are generally of cheaper quality and higher prices. Also look for the better tequilas here that are harder to find or not available in the U.S. the anejo and reposadas that are 100% Agave Heche en Mexico. Or the single village mescals.

Everyone always says vanilla, but seriously, how much of that stuff do you really go through? I stopped wasting my luggage space with that years ago and just buy my vanilla at the local grocery store.

Mexican blankets or sarapes

I love the blankets! Should be able to find them for around $5 for the larger ones, and kids sized blankets run about $4 each or 3 for $10.

We used the blankets to wrap our tequila to bring home (we were there on a land vacation).

I also loved the pottery, like the brightly painted cats.

Edited by valentinebaby1

I like beer koozies and have loved the pottery. This coming trip will really be the first time I will get any pottery though because in past have always flown. This time we're driving to the port.

Also love getting an ornament and shot glass with names of places we've been.

I like beer koozies and have loved the pottery. This coming trip will really be the first time I will get any pottery though because in past have always flown. This time we're driving to the port.

Also love getting an ornament and shot glass with names of places we've been.

There's a couple wonderful ceramic places in the back (eastern) end of San Miguel. Many expats who build homes in Coz get their decorative tiles and fixtures there. Not recommending you bring home a whole counter top or sink, but if you're just driving around or coming back from the east shore via the transveral road, it's worth a quick stop. No Name Talvera Pottery on Calle 1 Sur between Avenida 20 and 25 and a larger spot on Avenida 65 just before Calle 11 Sur.