"LIVE" from Carnival Splendor -April 2, 2014

Radio

I would love to try the cat in the hat breakfast but I am not travelling with kids. Were they any adults without kids eating there?

Laura

Yes. . .I was there !

Radio

;);)

HI all!

Radio ~ enjoyed your cruise, as usual!;) That Cat in the Hat breakfast looked really cute. Did many kids go? Do kids today still know those stories?

My kids loved them but they're 37 & 43 now!:eek: How did that happen?!

~ Jo ~ :)

There were maybe 50 kids who attended, plus parents.

They sold several types of Dr. Seuss stuffed animals, books and hats in the Fun Shops. . .

Radio

;);)

CCLCAT.JPG

Radio...maybe you can answer this question. It seems like in many pictures and also on the deck cam that the main pool is often closed. Is this true and if so, do you know why???

If I may BUTT IN...:o:o The Splendor is the lst ship we have cruised on that had the retractable roof and it was great because you could be at the pool no matter what the weather. When we went in May, 2013 from NY they opened the roof about noon on the lst sea day, but it became very windy, tho it was sunny and "warm." Obviously, the wind made it cold...so they closed it again. ;) I don't know who makes the decision to open or close it, but it depends on the weather.

If I may BUTT IN...:o:o The Splendor is the lst ship we have cruised on that had the retractable roof and it was great because you could be at the pool no matter what the weather. When we went in May, 2013 from NY they opened the roof about noon on the lst sea day, but it became very windy, tho it was sunny and "warm." Obviously, the wind made it cold...so they closed it again. ;) I don't know who makes the decision to open or close it, but it depends on the weather.

Karry, my dear!! All the Spirit class ships you have sailed on have the retractable roofs. You really need to book the Pride and regain your bearings!!! :D

PR138.jpg

Edited by Jamman54

Karry, my dear!! All the Spirit class ships you have sailed on have the retractable roofs. You really need to book the Pride and regain your bearings!!! :D

PR138.jpg

REALLY??? :confused::confused: I honestly don't remember the Miracle roof being closed, and we sailed her in the winter...cripes, I'm too young to be losing my memory! :eek:

REALLY??? :confused::confused: I honestly don't remember the Miracle roof being closed, and we sailed her in the winter...cripes, I'm too young to be losing my memory! :eek:

Yes Really Karen, I was on the Pride last year and it has the retractable roof that was opened when the weather turned warmer.:D

Yes Really Karen, I was on the Pride last year and it has the retractable roof that was opened when the weather turned warmer.:D

I believe you!!! ;) I have been on a LOT of Spirit class ships (EXCEPT the Pride! :( ) and I don't remember the retractable roof. I guess we were lucky and had warm/nice weather and never had to use it or else I just never noticed! :confused::confused: This is scaring me lol. :o

Love reading your review. I was wondering if you kept any of the fun times. I wanted to see what shows/performances that had each night, other than the comedy shows.

Yes, I have all of them . . .They should be up in a day or 2. . .

Radio

;);)

PR138.jpg

FYI about the Pride's retractable roof:

I was on the Pride last month and I think that roof needs new bearings! It was stuck/broken in the open position (about 3/4 way closed) the whole cruise. It made that pool area cold and snowy during the sailaway from Baltimore! :eek:

FYI about the Pride's retractable roof:

I was on the Pride last month and I think that roof needs new bearings! It was stuck/broken in the open position (about 3/4 way closed) the whole cruise. It made that pool area cold and snowy during the sailaway from Baltimore! :eek:

This is not an often occurrence. I have been on the Pride more than once and it was operational., just saying:D. Nothing is perfect,things do malfunction and I am sure they are on top of it and will fix it due time.

Edited by Stella777

Hello everyone. . . I have uploaded much of my pics and scans over the last few days. . .

They can be viewed HERE

Radio

;);)

Ship and Internet Info

INTERNET1.jpg

Fun Times – Day 2

DAY2PG1.jpg

Lots of Dr. Seuss info

DRSEUSSBREAK1.jpg

Beverage Package Info

BOT1.jpg

Edited by Radio

Thanks for taking the time to scan/post the fun times.

I have a quick question..... Since the menus have not changed yet on the Splendor, does that mean that they still offer warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert???? (Hoping for a yes reply:D)

I got a chuckle that you posted the internet package information first considering how bad the connection was for you.

Not sure what package you bought, nor if this affected you, but were they giving money back if people did not use all the prepaid minutes due to the lack of connection?

Thanks for taking the time to scan/post the fun times.

I have a quick question..... Since the menus have not changed yet on the Splendor, does that mean that they still offer warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert???? (Hoping for a yes reply:D)

Yes they do. . .I had it every night !

Radio

;);)

Yes, I have all of them . . .They should be up in a day or 2. . .

Radio

;);)

Is the morning show with the cruise director on the big seaside screen in the morning? Is it at 9 am? Can you go watch the taping somewhere live?

Thanks!

I believe you!!! ;) I have been on a LOT of Spirit class ships (EXCEPT the Pride! :( ) and I don't remember the retractable roof. I guess we were lucky and had warm/nice weather and never had to use it or else I just never noticed! :confused::confused: This is scaring me lol. :o

Karen, I hate to add to your memory loss worries, but the Triumph, Victory and Destiny (before she became the Sunshine) also have retractable roofs.