Flowrider on the Navigator

I'm currently on the NOS, so I'll try to do a running journal focused on the Flowrider. I have unlimited int'l data with AT&T, but Cellular @ Sea data is still as slow as ever (but that's another topic).

First day on board went to the first boogie board session with my 2 sons. Youngest is not tall enough for stand-up, so this is it for him. He proceeded to do a Superman on his first run and they told him if he did it again they would take his wristband. So that ruled out about 90% of our tricks. They both did 360s for the rest of the session and said they were bored.

So much for boogie board. After muster drill they had a stand up session scheduled from 5-6:30. They had an issue with the muster drill, so they said everything was behind schedule and didn't start until almost 5:30. With all the issues with NOS lately, if this was our only issue getting out of Galveston, we gladly waited an extra 30 minutes for our stand up fix.

First thing they did was check my board for the Wave Loch logo. So anyone planning to take an Ash board should also throw a Wave Loch board in the bag as well (if you have one).

The staff told me they haven't done a Best of the Best yet since they haven't had any decent riders yet. It's in the Cruise Compass, so hopefully this week will be the first. They said no guest has done a 360 yet, so I took care of that during the first stand-up session.

There are no advanced stand up sessions. Bad for me, but good for my marriage since I don't make noise leaving the room until an hour later every day. So we get 9-11 and 3-5 stand-up with boogie board between on sea days.

At least it was working. First standup session on the March 16th cruise was totally scrubbed. The one on Tuesday morning was delayed 45 minutes. After getting baked on 2d port I had to pass on the other sessions. As you know take advantage of the port calls to get in all the flow riding you want.

I'm currently on the NOS, so I'll try to do a running journal focused on the Flowrider. I have unlimited int'l data with AT&T, but Cellular @ Sea data is still as slow as ever (but that's another topic).

First day on board went to the first boogie board session with my 2 sons. Youngest is not tall enough for stand-up, so this is it for him. He proceeded to do a Superman on his first run and they told him if he did it again they would take his wristband. So that ruled out about 90% of our tricks. They both did 360s for the rest of the session and said they were bored.

So much for boogie board. After muster drill they had a stand up session scheduled from 5-6:30. They had an issue with the muster drill, so they said everything was behind schedule and didn't start until almost 5:30. With all the issues with NOS lately, if this was our only issue getting out of Galveston, we gladly waited an extra 30 minutes for our stand up fix.

First thing they did was check my board for the Wave Loch logo. So anyone planning to take an Ash board should also throw a Wave Loch board in the bag as well (if you have one).

The staff told me they haven't done a Best of the Best yet since they haven't had any decent riders yet. It's in the Cruise Compass, so hopefully this week will be the first. They said no guest has done a 360 yet, so I took care of that during the first stand-up session.

There are no advanced stand up sessions. Bad for me, but good for my marriage since I don't make noise leaving the room until an hour later every day. So we get 9-11 and 3-5 stand-up with boogie board between on sea days.

good for you. have fun

Thanks for the information.

I'm thinking about booking last minute cruise on the Navigation. I live two hours drive from Galveston and have a Reverse Waveloch board.

I'm surprised that they have standup after muster. So no superman trick and no advanced surfing first thing in the morning.

I'm a little disappointed, but at least I know this ahead of time.

So for the wave itself, I absolutely Love this flowrider. It's a double, and if it is narrower than other ships, it isn't by much. They don't have a divider for boogie board that I have seen so far, but I found it more than wide enough for stand-up. The jets seem very strong to me, and if you wipe you usually get slammed into the back wall at the top. We saw a girl get her shoulder separated this morning during the boogie board session.

The staff is mostly from other flowrider ships, so there were familiar faces. They all said this is the easiest flowrider in the fleet, and I agreed. I'm able to carve at the top of the anchor logo, which I couldn't do consistently in the past.

There are other attributes I'll try to post pictures for tomorrow in Jamaica when I have faster upload speeds.

Does international data include cellular at sea? I didn't think that was the case.

On the Mar 9 sailing, they were using a divider for boogie board. Long lines due to 1200 kids on the ship. I can confirm they didn't do best of best. Said only one person qualified, so the just ran a regular stand up session.

Thanks for this, I've been waiting for someone to post some information on the flowrider.

On boogie board, I've been told no tricks that let you directly touch the mat, i.e. the board must stay under you. So no supermans, no barrel-rolls, no jumping barrels. Hopefully, they do have a divider for the boogie boarding, since it helps the line quite a bit. Please keep us informed.

Thanks for this, I've been waiting for someone to post some information on the flowrider.

On boogie board, I've been told no tricks that let you directly touch the mat, i.e. the board must stay under you. So no supermans, no barrel-rolls, no jumping barrels. Hopefully, they do have a divider for the boogie boarding, since it helps the line quite a bit. Please keep us informed.

I beg to differ.. Was on the March 9 sailing and I saw...and participated in all of the above...

A bit of good news for boogie boarders. They were allowing barrel rolls yesterday. It must be a new thing because one of the staff was telling people they can't do it, but when he checked with other staff members he started allowing them.

I beg to differ.. Was on the March 9 sailing and I saw...and participated in all of the above...

Just going by what the staff told me. I realize you have to take anything a staff member says with a grain of salt...

Just going by what the staff told me. I realize you have to take anything a staff member says with a grain of salt...

I agree. (This was not on the Navigator)

I usually ask them about what is allowed or not. He or she might say it's allowed and I keep doing it. Then when they rotate out, a new one might yell at me for what I was doing for an hour or even for the last 3 or 4 days. When I argue back, they want to know the names of the people who allow me to do it.

Here's a great new feature. The water return grates are now soft padded instead of that skin-ripping hard rubber. Makes falling softer (until the higher water pressure slams you into the back wall.

egysureq.jpg

Gotchya. That's strange... When my son took his lesson, they spent half the time doing barrell rolls and the superman. Guess it depends on who is working. I usually only saw three guys... An Australian dude that always wore a gilligan hat... An English dude with a beard... And an Hispanic guy... Dont remember any names.

A bit of good news for boogie boarders. They were allowing barrel rolls yesterday. It must be a new thing because one of the staff was telling people they can't do it, but when he checked with other staff members he started allowing them.

what fun.:)

It's definitely picturesque (other than the guy on the board) .

bumy2u8a.jpg

Ripping it up. Looks great to me... The riding, as well as the guy on the board.

Maybe it was skin ripping mat that stopped people from slamming into the back wall.:D The ABS brake for downed flow riders.

I just noticed look at all the water slamming into the back stop wall. I never seen that much on Oasis or Allure. It looks like they are pushing either more or faster amounts of water. Enjoy the cruise and have some great rides.

Andrew

Another note for boogie-boarding. For the younger kids, they must have a parent at the Flowrider with them while they ride. The staff makes the kid point out their parent (and the parent must acknowledge their kid).

We are heading on the Oasis next weekend and my kids were both hoping they had relaxed the rules as far as tricks are concerned. My older one mainly does stand up now, since they stopped allowing any tricks on the boogie board side. My younger one is great at the boogie board tricks, and after our last trip can self load so he can do stand up reasonably well.

Mil76, when you said "younger kids need a parent there" can you elaborate about how young? My younger one turns 12 in July, he self loads on the stand up side, and while he's under 13 (which seems to be the age that they allow kids to do things without supervision) he certainly doesn't need me to sit there the entire time he riding. His older brother (16) is always there when he is so someone is with him. Any more info would be great.

Today was Grand Cayman and everyone must have been anxious about tendering so only 3 of us showed up for the morning stand-up from 9-11. So no need to complain about not having an advanced session. I got so many runs in by 10 I was dead-tired and left for the day.

As I said, I love this Flowrider. The water at the top gets wider and has good flow almost all the way to the wall so starting from the top is much easier. I remember on Oasis you can't really use the wall to start from the top on the goofy side.

Another rider did a 360 this morning so we're closer to having enough to do BOB. I asked yesterday and they said we need 5 who can do tricks to do it, and just going back and forth doesn't count.

Another note for boogie-boarding. For the younger kids, they must have a parent at the Flowrider with them while they ride. The staff makes the kid point out their parent (and the parent must acknowledge their kid).

That will not work for me. As my wife never will acknowledge this big Kid. lol