Power adapter ((photos))

Should work.

FYI, there are also European 2-prong (continental) outlets in the cabins as well. Not sure where you're from, but that's an option as well.

It's the German style plug, with the ground on the edge.. Here's a picture:

typeFplug.jpg

So my adapters won't work?

Yes. They'll work in the US style 110V outlets. If you live in Australia, disregard everything about the European outlets; if memory serves, you have your own unique style...

Will this power adapter plug into the sockets on rhapsody?

I purchased it being told it's a North American plug, but my friend is saying it is not the right one. Can anyone clarify please?

[ATTACH]308129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]308130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]308131[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]308133[/ATTACH]

Before I can safely say yes or no, I need to know either what the back of the adapters looks like (what do your home plugs look like), or where do you live.

Before I can safely say yes or no, I need to know either what the back of the adapters looks like (what do your home plugs look like), or where do you live.

Correct, what we really need to know is where you are from, and what you intend to plug into the adapters, the pictures shown look like just an outlet adapter, not a converter, so you will still be getting only 110v out of the socket.

I am from Australia.

Going on the rhapsody leaving from sydney.

I only need 110 volts

Because I will only be using it for my

All important GHD hair straightener :-)

And also my iphone. They are both 110.

On the other side it fits my Aussie plug into it.

My friends said that the adapter won't plug into the power point on the ship.

But when I phoned RCCL, before I purchased them, they told me the ship uses 110 volts or watts lol not sure which? And that they are North American plugs.

So that's what I thought these were?

Hi, it has been many years since I was no Rhapsody ..... but the outlets should look the same as these in the pictures below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217613&d=1326222137

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217612&d=1326222023

The 2nd pic will fit my adapters. But not the 1st pic, will I have both types in my cabbin?

Correct, what we really need to know is where you are from, and what you intend to plug into the adapters, the pictures shown look like just an outlet adapter, not a converter, so you will still be getting only 110v out of the socket.

I am an Aussie, I only need 110v

My ghd and iphone chargers are both 110v

Yes. They'll work in the US style 110V outlets. If you live in Australia, disregard everything about the European outlets; if memory serves, you have your own unique style...

Lolz, we have our own unique style?

We Aussies are for sure unique :-)

I am an Aussie, I only need 110v

My ghd and iphone chargers are both 110v

You should be OK as long as the front part of the plug you pictured will fit your Aussie plugs.

Lolz, we have our own unique style?

We Aussies are for sure unique :-)

Okay, if you are from Oz, then the adapters you have will work (if the back side is the Australian two angled flat prongs and one round prong) in the US 110v outlets, BUT ONLY FOR ELECTRONICS. Do not plug hair dryers, etc into the US style outlets, unless you have a voltage converter as well as the adapter. Your better bet would be to get an adapter from Australian standard to the European round pin, as this would mean you wouldn't need a voltage converter. Be advised that things that have a motor, like a hair dryer, will run a little faster on the 60Hz power as opposed to your 50Hz at home.

You should be OK as long as the front part of the plug you pictured will fit your Aussie plugs.

Yes the front part fits our Aussie plugs.

That wasn't the issue. My friends who have cruised before on another RCCL ship said that the plugs on board were three holes beside each other like in the 1st pic that "Weislaw" posted.

I need to know if the ship has this outlet;

ImageUploadedByForums1396441200.181780.jpg.775ea06c1130212d6809e705bd313b54.jpg

Not this outlet

ImageUploadedByForums1396441230.115826.jpg.314f9481bb90aebce49eda78da0497b7.jpg

Okay, if you are from Oz, then the adapters you have will work (if the back side is the Australian two angled flat prongs and one round prong) in the US 110v outlets, BUT ONLY FOR ELECTRONICS. Do not plug hair dryers, etc into the US style outlets, unless you have a voltage converter as well as the adapter. Your better bet would be to get an adapter from Australian standard to the European round pin, as this would mean you wouldn't need a voltage converter. Be advised that things that have a motor, like a hair dryer, will run a little faster on the 60Hz power as opposed to your 50Hz at home.

I am only taking my GHD and Iphone charger. Should I also get the European adapter?

I am so confused, could anyone link me to the European adapter on eBay?

If it's not to much trouble and you know what I need? Pretty please!

Yes the front part fits our Aussie plugs.

That wasn't the issue. My friends who have cruised before on another RCCL ship said that the plugs on board were three holes beside each other like in the 1st pic that "Weislaw" posted.

I need to know if the ship has this outlet;

[ATTACH]308179[/ATTACH]

Not this outlet

[ATTACH]308180[/ATTACH]

They'll have both outlets.