Guy's Burger Joint on Half Moon Cay

PaulMedik

Not a bad idea Paul, but I would not bet the ranch on it (no pun intended). What is it with the vascilation on the Fun 2.0 stuff? Me thinks s the Legend is bacause it is going to Australia (for at least part of the year), I beleive the Spirit did not get a Guy's either. We ended up changing our plans for next April dropping the pride (Vista suite) to go with a group on the Breeze (6th floor aft wrap). Enjoy the Pride double for me.

Jim,

I will only bet they can build it; Not will build it. :D

The 2.0 bars and restaurants are great, but with two Spirit class ships already missing out on Guys after their upgrades I'm not confident that Pride will be getting Guy's either.

I did a mock booking for Pride April 5 2015 a couple of days ago and noticed that all of the Vista Wraps were available so I assumed you jumped ship! ;) I was checking to see that some were available in case I want to book while on board and was surprised they all were.

Our double may be Pride next summer, but we're more likely to go with Breeze instead. If we really like the whole drive to Baltimore experience then we may do the Pride B2B. Hard decisions eh? :) I just wish Breeze itineraries would come out so we could make our plans!

If I had to choose between Guy's on HMC or Guy's on ShipWreck Oasis that I mentioned earlier I'm sure there'd be no contest; ShipWreck Oasis! :D

The Pride will get Guy's during drydock: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/30/3902778/carnival-pride-to-resume-year.html

I believe this info is available on the CCL site as well. We're hoping to sail the Pride next summer, so looking forward to another PM review!

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

The Pride will get Guy's during drydock: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/30/3902778/carnival-pride-to-resume-year.html

I believe this info is available on the CCL site as well. We're hoping to sail the Pride next summer, so looking forward to another PM review!

Did not see a Red Frog Pub mentioned there. That would be a shame, love it there.

Jim,

I will only bet they can build it; Not will build it. :D

The 2.0 bars and restaurants are great, but with two Spirit class ships already missing out on Guys after their upgrades I'm not confident that Pride will be getting Guy's either.

I did a mock booking for Pride April 5 2015 a couple of days ago and noticed that all of the Vista Wraps were available so I assumed you jumped ship! ;) I was checking to see that some were available in case I want to book while on board and was surprised they all were.

Our double may be Pride next summer, but we're more likely to go with Breeze instead. If we really like the whole drive to Baltimore experience then we may do the Pride B2B. Hard decisions eh? :) I just wish Breeze itineraries would come out so we could make our plans!

If I had to choose between Guy's on HMC or Guy's on ShipWreck Oasis that I mentioned earlier I'm sure there'd be no contest; ShipWreck Oasis! :D

It was not easy to give up that room(s)! Getting an aft wrap on the Breeze did soften the blow a bit. Have to agree with you. Just plain love HMC!

Paul, on a unrelated note, check out my review of the Oasis linked from a thread here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018186

We went over to the dark side and I made a stab at my first review. No pictures and no way as in depth as yours, but I thought it was meaningful on my first venture outside of Carnival stable in a while.

Did not see a Red Frog Pub mentioned there. That would be a shame, love it there.

I'm guessing that there's no room for a RFP. Have heard good things about it, and would love to sail the Breeze to try it myself :)

Edited by soccersharon

I'm guessing that there's no room for a RFP. Have heard good things about it, and would love to sail the Breeze to try it myself :)

You may be right (no room). One of my favorite places. Had a funny story regarding RFP. On the Breeze (last April) we went there every day (sometimes more often) and our group got chummy with one of the servers Duane (all workers are from Jamaica). By the end of the week, we called him our other son and got some pictures with him and our group. During last day conversations he mentioned he was going to the Sunshine. When the Sunshine came over to New Orleans we were invited for a sleepover on the ship (a TA event, open bar etc - nice time). We headed directly to the RFB and asked where Duane was (saying I was his father -jokeingly). A worker walks over says that Duane went back to the Breeze and then says "what do you mean your Duane's father? I am Duane's father (for real):o. He really was and after a bit we all got a good laugh out of it. :D

You may be right (no room). One of my favorite places. Had a funny story regarding RFP. On the Breeze (last April) we went there every day (sometimes more often) and our group got chummy with one of the servers Duane (all workers are from Jamaica). By the end of the week, we called him our other son and got some pictures with him and our group. During last day conversations he mentioned he was going to the Sunshine. When the Sunshine came over to New Orleans we were invited for a sleepover on the ship (a TA event, open bar etc - nice time). We headed directly to the RFB and asked where Duane was (saying I was his father -jokeingly). A worker walks over says that Duane went back to the Breeze and then says "what do you mean your Duane's father? I am Duane's father (for real):o. He really was and after a bit we all got a good laugh out of it. :D

Great story! One thing that keeps us with Carnival is the wonderful crew :)

I did read you Oasis review - and enjoyed it. Glad your grandson is OK :) Not sure I'd enjoy the Oasis or Allure. Too big, maybe?

Edited by soccersharon

Great story! One thing that keeps us with Carnival is the wonderful crew :)

I did read you Oasis review -

We love the crew, and that is one constant that has never varied. He was a great guy (kind of like a Jamaican Chris Rock), if we walked in and he was busy and someone started to come over to assist us, he would shue them away.

When his father walked over he had this grouchy look on his face (they were making fun of us...) then he and all the other guys started cracking up and we joined in.

We love the crew, and that is one constant that has never varied. He was a great guy (kind of like a Jamaican Chris Rock), if we walked in and he was busy and someone started to come over to assist us, he would shue them away.

When his father walked over he had this grouchy look on his face (they were making fun of us...) then he and all the other guys started cracking up and we joined in.

Personal service at its best! Doesn't take much to make guests feel welcome :) Not really something we experienced on the Epic, sadly. Made a big difference.

Edited by soccersharon

Sharon,

Yeah I saw the announcements, but I also recall a similar announcement about Legend's 2.0 upgrades then later John Heald posted that Guy's wasn't being included and indeed it wasn't. :o

Many of us have enjoyed a Guy's Burger or two or thirty on our Carnival cruises and even though they're available on many Carnival ships they aren't available on all.....yet.

Anyhow, we're sailing next week on Carnival Pride which for now is Guyless :p , and we'd really enjoy a Guy's Burger while on Half Moon Cay. In fact, there's nothing I'd rather eat on Half Moon Cay than a Guy's Burger.

Who thinks Half Moon Cay would be even more spectacular with the addition of a Guy's Burger Joint? Personally I can't fathom a better locale for a Guy's Burger joint than Half Moon Cay; sand aplenty to catch the drippins and no worries if you spill a little on you you'll just take a quick dip in the surf to wash it off. They could even add the joint as a room off the side of Captain Morgan's shipwreck bar. Arrrrr! They be food aplenty thar matey! Grab ya some grub and buy ya some swill to wash it all down with!

Ships that have Guy's would be best suited to staff the island version, but with a little cross training I'm sure that all ships could muster a chef or two to flip some Guy's burgers on the grill and assemble the fixins.

In fact I'm sure Guy's Burgers would be easily chewed by less long in the teeth cruisers from HAL that sometimes frequent the island paradise. :eek:

I'm perfectly content with the jerk chicken on Half Moon Cay. I can get a Guy's burger on the ship.

Sharon,

Yeah I saw the announcements, but I also recall a similar announcement about Legend's 2.0 upgrades then later John Heald posted that Guy's wasn't being included and indeed it wasn't. :o

Hmmm...well, I hope Guy's will be added to the Pride. My kids love it! Fingers crossed we'll sail the Pride in August 2015 :)