Super-Awesome Service....?

I've recently seen a couple of reviews that report they experienced great, sometimes awesome service.

There were no specific examples of this level of service which made me wonder what qualifies as such great service? I wonder if I am just not noticing that it has happened.

Is what some consider to be great service might be less welcome or noticeable to others?

Does nationalities differ greatly or does it change in other ways?

I would look at the cruiser's experience. A first time cruiser is frequently awed by what happens on a cruise ship, and may think the service is "super awesome". A more seasoned cruiser will know what is normal and expected on a cruise ship, and perhaps be more casual in their commons.

Don't take this the wrong way. The service levels on ships are usually very high. But it always seems awesome the first time!

Your normal level of service should feel "super"....The staff is usually very friendly, which many folks think is awesome.

As long as my cabin is cleaned, I get fresh towels, and ice daily, I'm happy. I don't particularly care to be overly friendly with the housekeeping staff....I mean, in a hotel, I don't generally strike up conversations with the housekeeping staff....and that's what the cabin attendant is!

Same in the dining room...prompt service is lovely, but please don't presume that because I ordered coffee last night, that I want it tonight! Bartenders tend to do that, so if you want something different from time to time, you need to let them know pretty fast....We've approached a bar to find our drinks already made....but, that's not what we wanted THIS time!

Being served with another beer about 30 seconds after downing the first one:D

Having your towels turned into a petal spitting dinosaur, waiting on your bed when you return!

Being served with another beer about 30 seconds after finishing the second:rolleyes:

Hazing the bed turned into a petalz return when you do....hic!

Edited by Tarquin

I think that it depends on both your previous experiences and your expectations. It seems that the self entitled (Regardless of nationality) seldom find the service to be up to their overblown expectations. Those on their first cruise may, indeed find the service super awesome, unless they are accustomed to staying in luxury hotels and resorts.

We have found the service on almost all of our cruises to be very good to excellent.