Kids club question

mayesq

It is a shame your cruise is not after his birthday. I can understand your disappointment but I can understand NCL's rules.

Do you have a couple of ports where they can spend time together?

I can sympathize on the bad year. 2012 was mine. So my March 2013 cruise was special. It was a new chapter.

Please do not let this ruin the cruise for any of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am 99.9 percent sure its 2 hours.

It was 2 hours last week on the BA. There was also a rule about not being able to sign out at all on port days by themselves but my DW was spending more time listening to the rules than I was in that regard.

You all are right. I should have investigated. Now we have paid in full and can't get our money back. It is what it is. I'll have to explain to the boys that they won't be in the clubs together, but I won't have a problem with them hanging out on their own if they'd like, and I'm sure they will still meet tons of kids that way.

I'm not trying to be a downer here, people, but this was just a huge disappointment when I realized that the ages were different from the last cruise that we went on (Disney Dream). Haven't any of you been disappointed about something before?

I'm sure the boys will still have fun, but I doubt they will spend much time in the clubs (other than my 9 year old, who is really looking forward to the clubs).

The 2 hour thing is really weird. Why is that?

To all of you that were helpful, I really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, I UNDERSTAND your disappointment and think some of the comments were a little hard on you. :)

there is a lot they can do outside of the kids club...ropes, slides bungee things, mini golf, sports...

I was going to mention this. Who says they HAVE TO GO to the kids club. They can just hang out TOGETHER and not use the kids club.

I still think they will have a blast, despite this. There is so much to do outside the kids club. They might even find it cheesy or something - who knows. Unless you plan to cancel, just go about it with an open mind.

For what it's worth, I even saw a post here once about someone whose child had a birthday mid-cruise that put her in a different level of the club. She actually had to wait until her birthday to switch to the other club. She couldn't even go for the couple days prior. They are so very strict about it.

If you can persuade each of them to go to their respective clubs the first day or two, I'm sure they'll pick up friends that they can all hang out with around the ship.

My nephew was 13 and he found the 13 to 17 kids club very uncomfortable because he was intimidated by the 16 and 17 year olds. I know that in your case, you want your 13 and almost 13 to hang together, and I get that it's a different issues, but I'm wondering if even the child who is already 13 might not be that thrilled about the 13 to 17 mix, and end up hanging with people that the 12 year old meets. The Disney 11 to 13 mix does sound a lot more do-able.

Hopefully they will each go to their respective clubs and meet some people and hang out at pools and sports courts with them. I know it's disappointing, but now that you're committed, I'm sure you can work things out if both kids go to their clubs and do some friend collecting the first couple of days.

Please come back to the board and let us know how it all works out.