Future Cruise Credit

Ali-Manchester63

I will be going on my first cruise later this year, so sorry if this is a silly question to regular cruisers.

I have read quite a few threads on queries with the processing of FCC but can someone explain to me why you would buy FCC?

Do you get more for your money or do you get OBC?

I can't quite understand the benefits. :confused:

Thanks

I will be going on my first cruise later this year, so sorry if this is a silly question to regular cruisers.

I have read quite a few threads on queries with the processing of FCC but can someone explain to me why you would buy FCC?

Thanks

You will get OBC depending on the length of the cruise and the type of cabin you choose. But the best feature is that the money you put down for the FCC is all you need for your deposit vs. the normal 20%.

Unless you book a world cruise OR segment of it,all you need is the FCC to secure a cabin, no other $$$ to put down,PLUS an OBC you will receive based on cabin and # of days. A great feature by princess

Thanks

Hi Ali-Manchester 63,

You buy FCC when you are on board, for us in the UK they cost £75. It acts as your deposit for a future cruise and depending on the length of the cruise, you get up to $100 as On Board Credit. The FCC is per person. They are good as long as you book a cruise within 2 years of buying the credit, but you can always get it refunded.

They are definitely worth buying, we buy at least one every cruise.

Hope this helps.

not sure if its the same in the UK but us aussies are allowed to cancel out for any reason and get the FCC back to use on another cruise as long as you dont pay your final payment

So....someone mentioned cancelling and getting refund.... Do you have to book an actual DATE to get the FCC or can you just put a deposit and book the actual cruise later (when you know what your schedule/vacation time will be...a necessity in our case...)?

All this talk of FCC is rather confusing to me as well. We're not first time cruisers, but this will be our first cruise with Princess. :)

So....someone mentioned cancelling and getting refund.... Do you have to book an actual DATE to get the FCC or can you just put a deposit and book the actual cruise later (when you know what your schedule/vacation time will be...a necessity in our case...)?

All this talk of FCC is rather confusing to me as well. We're not first time cruisers, but this will be our first cruise with Princess. :)

No need to book a date, Princess will have a record of the FCC when you next book a cruise and will automatically apply it to that booking.

Best thing we ever did. $100 (each) FCC paid by us on a cruise in December last year gave us the total deposit for our upcoming cruise in South America (31 days) and also gave us $125 OBC each on an inside cabin. Too good a deal not to take up.:)

you can only buy the FCC onboard the ship and the cost is $100 per person with a credit card and once you know what future cruise you want to book princess applies the credit to your booking

Best thing we ever did. $100 (each) FCC paid by us on a cruise in December last year gave us the total deposit for our upcoming cruise in South America (31 days) and also gave us $125 OBC each on an inside cabin. Too good a deal not to take up.:)

Yes, we always keep several on hand. :D

On NCL for putting down $200 for FCC, I get $100 OBC for the cruise I am on.

So you are saying on Princess that if we put $200 down for FCC, we would not get the OBC until we used the FCC for the next cruise/and the length of the booked cruise would determine the amount in OBC for that cruise?

Thanks in advance, Eileen

On NCL for putting down $200 for FCC, I get $100 OBC for the cruise I am on.

So you are saying on Princess that if we put $200 down for FCC, we would not get the OBC until we used the FCC for the next cruise/and the length of the booked cruise would determine the amount in OBC for that cruise?

Thanks in advance, Eileen

Correct.

No need to book a date, Princess will have a record of the FCC when you next book a cruise and will automatically apply it to that booking.

Actually they don't automatically apply it to your next cruise; not unless you specifically ask them to. There are times you might prefer to apply it to another cruise in the future, i.e., one that is a longer cruise that will give you more OBC. I believe you will need to use a travel agent or speak to a Princess agent in order for the FCC to be applied.

Actually they don't automatically apply it to your next cruise; not unless you specifically ask them to. There are times you might prefer to apply it to another cruise in the future, i.e., one that is a longer cruise that will give you more OBC. I believe you will need to use a travel agent or speak to a Princess agent in order for the FCC to be applied.

When I made a booking on line with Princess they had a question whether I wanted to apply the FCC to the booking. I have tried a dummy booking this morning and this still happens.

Originally Posted by iceleven viewpost.gif

When I made a booking on line with Princess they had a question whether I wanted to apply the FCC to the booking. I have tried a dummy booking this morning and this still happens.

Interesting that you had a different experience. I wonder if this is an option for those outside of the U.S. or if Princess has changed their system. I did cruise 4 times last year and each time, when attempting to book on line, I ended up having to call Princess to assure that I would be able to use our FCC. I asked the representative why I had to request it, her response was that they would not "assume" which cruise a guest would prefer to use their FCC.

I am hopeful that your experience is what will be the norm for all of us as I prefer to just book on line instead of dealing with agents. Thanks for the feed-back.

Have they changed recently? We bought some FCCs in 2012 and they are good until 2016.

Yes new ones are only good for 2 years now and less OBC. :(

They will still honor the old ones at the old rate.

Edited by Colo Cruiser