Explorer vs Voyager - which one do you prefer?

From next year, us Aussies are getting both the Voyager and the Explorer. I realise they are the same class but just wondered if there is any difference between the two? If you have cruised on both do you have a preference?

Great question....you just read my mind! Be interesting to hear back from people who have sailed on both. Donna

Based on the drydock schedule both of these ships are going in for refurb over the next year. We are told that both are getting the exact same upgrades (flowrider!), ....... so it may really come down to which shows, staff, art work...you prefer.

Both are so similar now it is hard to tell the difference. I preferred some of the large art pieces on the Voyager.

There was a few more complaints overheard on the Explorer (mostly maintenance issues).

From next year, us Aussies are getting both the Voyager and the Explorer. I realise they are the same class but just wondered if there is any difference between the two? If you have cruised on both do you have a preference?

The ships are virtually identical. Perhaps they will have differences after their respective dry docks, but right now there's no difference except for the names of some venues, the art, and the skylight structure that Voyager has on the pool deck.

Both are 1st generation Voyager class ships (the balconies are larger in the 2nd generation ships and are less enclosed). The biggest difference apart from artwork is the working marine lab currently staffed by U. Florida on the Explorer. The talks by the marine people are said to be really good. I don't know if it will continue operating in Australia.

As others have pointed out, apart from different artwork the two ships are basically identical. The only difference I felt (and this may have been my imagination or a specific set of sea conditions) is that Voyager rolls just the tiniest bit more than Explorer.