How much money would you take on a 7 Day cruise on Allure of the Seas?

A lot of different viewpoints nice! I think 1200.00 is good for me and soon to be wife since it's our honeymoon cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

btw have a great cruise and wonderful honeymoon.

As I said ours is a celebration cruise, so that's why I've overestimated.

Our general rule is 100.00 per day of the cruise. We use a credit card for our seapass acct. so the money is used for gambling, tips, and some medium priced private shore excursions and smaller priced souvenirs in port and embarkation port parking. Since the seapass is on the credit card, we usually come home with cash.

Here's what we do:

We estimate $100 a day for drinks, specialty dining, and misc. expenses, but that all goes on my Seapass.

I usually bring $500 cash for a 7 night cruise for cabs, tips, expenses in port, etc. I always come home with leftover cash, which I use to pay on our next cruise.

For a 7 day cruise we would take about $800-1000; Guest Relations will always make change. We usually spend $100-150 per port, beach chairs, cabs, lunch.

However, everyone is different. You need to price out what you have planned, account for onboard spending and add something as a cushion, maybe 25%.

Our typical 7 night cruise looks like this:

$400-500 drinks

$200 2 excursions

$100 2 nights specialty dining for 2

$120 lunch/drinks in 2 ports

$30 taxi in 1 port to beach or town

so just under $1000 with NO gambling, photos, purchases, spa, etc.

Prices vary - dinner in Chops is $35 pp plus if you want to leave a little extra. Look into the tours you want and pay before you go - same for specialty dining. Tours can be $15or $20 pp up to hundreds per person. Some excursions come with lunch. Plus it's fun to spend time before your week dreaming, reading about the different things to do. There are threads about tours for every port. If you find something you might like, make a post and ask for comments, someone on CC will have an opinion to share. $200 for 2 excursions for 2 is on the low end. Plus think about just walking around town or staying on the ship on a port day. Spa treatments are usually discounted on port days. Have fun.

$500 normally for a 7 day. We do gamble some and like to have some cash to spend for taxis and water taxis and if we want a nick nac we dont have to use our credit card at some of them stores. And if we have any left over on the last night we put it on our tab. Since we are from Canada no sense having a ton of US money left over