Boardwalk Balconies on Allure of the a Seas

We were in Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis 2 years ago. Loved it. I think we were on the 11th deck, I know we were 3 rooms from the end, so very far back, didn't have a problem with noise at all. What we liked about it: we definitely could see the water - loved sitting out and watching all the goings on below and above us as well as the water. Zip line went over us. Aqua theater shows and practices, the merry-go-round. It was all fun. What we didn't like: since we were the 3rd room to the end - it was a far walk each time we left our room just to get to the elevators / stairs area. The farther back the better the view of the water and Aqua theater, but if I did it again, I probably wouldn't go that far back. Oh, we are doing Oasis again in 76 days - and I picked a forward balcony, deck 12. Why - I wanted to be by the Solarium pools and whirlpools. But I am very glad we did the Boardwalk Balcony - so if you do - enjoy!

We had a Boardwalk balcony cabin about 5 from the end on the Allure, yes we had good views of the Aqua shows and we could see the Ocean. What we didn't care for was the lack of privacy while on the balcony or in your cabin if the drapes were drawn.

Loved the ship, but I will be trying a different cabin the next time

For me personally the boardwalk cabins are the worst for various reasons:

1- When your out on your balcony all you see right ahead of you are other peoples balconies, people can easily look inside your cabin so you would need to close the curtains if changing right there. I just don't like looking out and seeing other balconies and other people looking straight at me.

2- There has got to be a lot more noise since the boardwalk is outdoors and has the carousel (do they play music?), the dog dog house, candy, ice cream parlor, donut shop, johnny rockets and rita's cantina.

3- I don't want to see zip lining people going by near my cabin never less watch them going down that just get tiring...I also don't want to see the aquatheatre, from that angle wherever your cabin is I am positive the view isn't that good compared to actually going to the theatre to watch the show. And I don't want a view of the rock climbing.

Having seen this question before, it somewhat boils down to personal preference. We love the Boardwalk balcony. We like the activity. We shut the curtain if we want privacy. We do not find it too noisy. We like that we can see the ocean. Also on deck 11 there is a huge public balcony at the end of the hallway. Great feature that often goes unused. We watched an eclipse of the moon from that balcony on our wedding anniversary one year. So cool.

Enjoy your Boardwalk balcony.

Well I can tell you a few things that are good:

1. Beautiful views, if your close to the theater you have two very close options: A. Sit or stand on your balcony to watch the show with perfect views. Or B. Go to the secret balconies and even better views.

You can avoid the crowds or sitting behind a tall person who is blocking your view.

2. I don't think the carousel is running all day long only certain hours.

3. If you love to people watch and see a lot going on its a perfect area.

4. It's cheaper then the balcony with ocean views and you still get to see the ocean.

I am liking this area but I like the options of watching the sights and different activities, movies, shows from my room if I choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love love love the BW balconies. Just sitting on this balcony reminds you that you're on a unique ship. No other ships have these cabins.

The location is perfect for people watching, enjoying the view of the wake and the shows in the Aqua theater.

Last year we stayed in 10725 on the Oasis and in 2 weeks we'll be in 10729 on the Allure. Can't wait!!

We had no noise issues and would just close the curtains when sleeping or changing. Easy.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just wanted to post our thoughts.

We were in 11723 on the Allure

Was in the cabin early 2 nights, and music from Rita's Fiesta and Ocean Aria show was VERY noticeable. During the day, you could hear the shows (sexiest man and belly flop contest) at the Aqua Theater. Foot traffic was very minimum, even with the "secret" balcony down the hall.

Good view of the aqua theater, aft ocean view, and boardwalk area. Could not see the far left side of the aqua theater, but the screen on the right side of the aqua theater has no obstruction, so you don't miss anything. Only a small corner of the diving board areas, on the left side, is not viewable when sitting away from the edge of the balcony. But, if you pushed your chair to the end of the balcony and leaned over, you can see the diving boards on the left.

Pleasant breeze at times.

Besides the noise during events and shows, no. Just the usual long walk down the hallway to get to the cabin.

When nothing is going on at the aqua theater or on the boardwalk, the noise level is barely noticeable with the balcony door closed all the way. If you are a light sleeper, may not want to consider this stateroom. If you like being around the action, you will definitely enjoy. Though I am a light sleeper, I would get this stateroom again. I loved the location, being able to see the ocean and the aqua theater, and loved watching the action on the boardwalk.

Hope this helped.

I am looking forward to Boardwalk Balcony 11329 (the last cabin on the port side) next year on the Oasis! Yes, I know it will be a very long walk, but I am super excited about having the Secret balcony so close and the views that this cabin affords. As mentioned before, this is a unique ship and the BB gives us the opportunity to experience one of the things that make it unique. We always get a OV balcony, so this will be a new experience for us. On our last trip on the Allure last year we were in a Deck 8 balcony on the forward hump and that was nice and convenient, but nothing special.

I am looking forward to Boardwalk Balcony 11329 (the last cabin on the port side) next year on the Oasis! Yes, I know it will be a very long walk, but I am super excited about having the Secret balcony so close and the views that this cabin affords. As mentioned before, this is a unique ship and the BB gives us the opportunity to experience one of the things that make it unique. We always get a OV balcony, so this will be a new experience for us. On our last trip on the Allure last year we were in a Deck 8 balcony on the forward hump and that was nice and convenient, but nothing special.

My wife and I have this cabin in November. Can't wait either!!

I'll try to leave the cabin in good shape.;)

Bill

Next month we will have our 3rd BW balcony on the Allure. We have had the same deck 11 cabin all 3 times. We have never had a noise problem. We love sitting on the balcony and watching the BW and the sip line goes right over the baclony. We ha CP balcony on the Oasis and it was ok but much prefer teh BW.

sounds good. I'll do the review and wife will take 300-400 pictures.:eek:

Bill

11329 in June 2014 - I will report back

Wonderful! I was hoping for a few more pictures, though.....:p

Please report back on this thread so I will be sure to see it.

I really did prefer the BW to CP on our Allure cruise. I thought CP was pleasant enough, but just as a walk through. I liked all the activity on the BW. Our favorite place to have breakfast was at the Wipe Out cafe (cook to order omlets). We always sat at the end of the open span overlooking the boardwalk. The best view on the ship, IMHO.:cool:

DSC07869-L.jpg

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

We just did the 3/23-3/30 sailing on the Allure and had cabin 8725, which was about 3 from the end. The year before we had a BW cabin on the Oasis on Deck 10 that was about 4 from the end. The difference in the noise levels was remarkable. On Deck 10, you would hear some noise, but it wasn't that bad. Being two decks lower on the Allure it was extremely noticeable. I told my husband "never again!"

We just did the 3/23-3/30 sailing on the Allure and had cabin 8725, which was about 3 from the end. The year before we had a BW cabin on the Oasis on Deck 10 that was about 4 from the end. The difference in the noise levels was remarkable. On Deck 10, you would hear some noise, but it wasn't that bad. Being two decks lower on the Allure it was extremely noticeable. I told my husband "never again!"

Good to know. I would imagine on Deck 11 it will be even better.:)

How did you like them? What was your stateroom and were you able to see the ocean from your room and good views for the Aqua theater?

People have complained about it being too noisy is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed three from the end on the Allure. Never thought it was loud. But I didn't like looking across at other people on their balconies and they at my cabin. And for some reason my husband felt the height which has never occurred on a regular balcony.

That being said, I liked the aft view and activities going on. I particularly loved the secret balcony steps away down the hall. You could really spread out on the loungers, turn them to to the side to look out to seas or move to the rail to watch the Aqua shows. There was hardly anyone ever there so it felt like our own villa.

It was fun to experience once, but we'll probably get an inside promenade room looking out to Central Park next time and just use the secret balcony. That's what we had booked but got a free upgrade and decided to take it. Glad we did.