Getaway - leaving soon. Questions?

SissasMomE

We are leaving soon for the sunny beaches of Ft. Lauderdale, followed by our Getaway cruise (finally). Anyone have anything specific they'd like to know?

LrgPizza - forgive me (please!! LOL ) I know I was supposed to find out something for you regarding the kids' club, but I didn't write it down. What was it?

Edited by SissasMomE

We are leaving soon for the sunny beaches of Ft. Lauderdale, followed by our Getaway cruise (finally). Anyone have anything specific they'd like to know?

LrgPizza - forgive me (please!! LOL ) I know I was supposed to find out something for you regarding the kids' club, but I didn't write it down. What was it?

Have a great trip!! Yes, I had been asking about that confusing "Explore Blackbeard's Castle" thing for the Splash Academy Dolphins. Maybe if you could just grab a copy of the page that shows their programming for the week. If not, no big deal. Truly, have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Edited -- Ignore all the sappy goodbyes. You still have another week. I'll send them again next Friday or Saturday. Until then, let's plot your infiltration into the crew only areas of the ship.

Edited by LrgPizza

Wishing you fantastic weather and an even greater trip! Have fun!!

Harriet

I too would love to see Splash Academy for 10-12 year olds.

And I think you are in the Haven area like we will be in June. Im so anxious to hear about all the wonderful perks, features and extras of the Haven area on this fabulous new ship.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited -- Ignore all the sappy goodbyes. You still have another week. I'll send them again next Friday or Saturday. Until then, let's plot your infiltration into the crew only areas of the ship.

Now how much fun would that be! I did manage to get into the kitchen area behind the bar on the Caribbean Princess, but, I was totally not responsible for my actions that day LMAO!!

I too would love to see Splash Academy for 10-12 year olds.

And I think you are in the Haven area like we will be in June. Im so anxious to hear about all the wonderful perks, features and extras of the Haven area on this fabulous new ship.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll grab all of the kids club dailies when we board. They usually have them all right there. We aren't in the Haven until our Thanksgiving cruise. We have a large balcony cabin for this cruise.

Edited by SissasMomE

Please ask the CD why they don't play Quest on this ship :)

Love that game! Have fun!

Please ask the CD why they don't play Quest on this ship :)

Love that game! Have fun!

Never been on a NCL...Getaway will be my first but the only cruise ships I have seen Quest was on Royal Caribbean.

Shari & John

I just want a simple picture. :D I have read that you have to be a certain height in order to be able to do the ropes course (which my little one won't be big enough yet) and read that they have a "mini" ropes course below for the little ones. However, I have yet to find a picture of it. Can you take a picture please? :)

Youre probably on board by now, having lunch! But just in case youre caught in traffic, reading this from your phone.....

The kids dailies would be great! (9 - 11, please!!). Just want to know if they have themed nights I should pack special clothes for.

Never been on a NCL...Getaway will be my first but the only cruise ships I have seen Quest was on Royal Caribbean.

Shari & John

They had it on Carnival Liberty, and it was really quite awful as compared to the Allure (I suppose that's Apples and Oranges though).

Youre probably on board by now, having lunch! But just in case youre caught in traffic, reading this from your phone.....

The kids dailies would be great! (9 - 11, please!!). Just want to know if they have themed nights I should pack special clothes for.

Fyi the OP wont sail until 4/12

I'm a karaoke singer. I would like to know if they will allow you to bring your own disks or if you can only choose from their book.

Not sure about the Getaway, but you could on the Dawn. I saw someone who did. You would think that after the trouble of selecting the song, bringing it on vacation and asking to play it, it would be something fabulous. Had to laugh when I heard a very amateur version of "Getting to know you" from the King and I !!!!!

Just thinking about it now makes me laugh, so I guess in the end, he accomplished more than he wanted to. It gave me a long lasting memory!!

OP is not on the ship yet. Sailing is not until the 12th. ;)

I just want a simple picture. :D I have read that you have to be a certain height in order to be able to do the ropes course (which my little one won't be big enough yet) and read that they have a "mini" ropes course below for the little ones. However, I have yet to find a picture of it. Can you take a picture please? :)

Yes, absolutely!!

Edited by SissasMomE