Mexico - nacho cocom

scumbers

Hi

I thought I'd post here as poc forum is sometimes dead for replies lol

When the caribbean princess docks in cozumel. We are looking at going to nacho cocom beach

Can you turn up or is it a pre pay. Is it far from the ship?

Is this a good beach with toilets and a bar/snacks etc

Thanks for advicd

According to the website its $55pp US. Unlimited food/drink.

Its about 2 miles from the pier.

Lots of taxis at the pier, make sure you set the price pp before you leave, and maybe set up the return as well.

here is a link....

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi

I thought I'd post here as poc forum is sometimes dead for replies lol

When the caribbean princess docks in cozumel. We are looking at going to nacho cocom beach

Can you turn up or is it a pre pay. Is it far from the ship?

Is this a good beach with toilets and a bar/snacks etc

Thanks for advicd

A short taxi ride away is Chankanaab Park. Beautiful setting with secure lockers in a bath house. Snorkeling right off the beach on a very pretty reef full of tropical fish. Food/drink not included but some palapa type beachbars with good food and drink at reasonable prices. Also have a swim with the dolphins thing if you wan that. Google Chankanaab and check it out.:D

A short taxi ride away is Chankanaab Park. Beautiful setting with secure lockers in a bath house. Snorkeling right off the beach on a very pretty reef full of tropical fish. Food/drink not included but some palapa type beachbars with good food and drink at reasonable prices. Also have a swim with the dolphins thing if you wan that. Google Chankanaab and check it out.:D

Yeah but, no real beach, just steps into the water from a rock wall.

And it gets crowded.

Yeah but, no real beach, just steps into the water from a rock wall.

And it gets crowded.

It is a beach just not down to the water. As you say a rock wall with steps. Sort of like going into a giant pool. I am sure it gets crowded but we have never had a prob. Just threw it out as some other option. The other place looks good too. Price probably works out about the same. Those who play have got to pay.:eek::D:D

It is a beach just not down to the water. As you say a rock wall with steps. Sort of like going into a giant pool. I am sure it gets crowded but we have never had a prob. Just threw it out as some other option. The other place looks good too. Price probably works out about the same. Those who play have got to pay.:eek::D:D

I agree, that was our favorite place in Cozumel, but the last few times it became too crowed in the water. But it is beautiful.

I saw that they limited NC to just 100 people on a trip advisor review. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We went to Nachi Cocum two years ago after a busy port schedule and had a great time.

Booked direct on their website http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com.

Took a taxi from the port and happened to find others going so shared. They only allow entry to 100 per day so I'd book ahead especially if there are several ships in.

There's a bar, small pool and facilities. We simply lay under a palapa and had food and drink served as and when. No loud music and very relaxing.

Chankanaab price is $21 adults and $14 children.

dolphindiscovery dot com/cozumel/chankanaab-national-park.asp

Edited by satxdiver

Nachi is one of our favorite Beaches, always go when we go to Cozumel.. You DO need to make reservations, and a DEPOSIT. Balance is payable in CASH when you get there. All food and drink is included they will take very good care of you. There is also a Large Hot tub and a swim up bar in the pool. Massages are available as well as snorkeling and other activities for an additional charge. It is limited to 100 people and the taxi driver will ask if you have reservations, also they will call a cab for you when you are ready to go. We usually give them 20 minutes notice before we Leave. You will have a great time.

Keith

Chankanaab price is $21 adults and $14 children.

dolphindiscovery dot com/cozumel/chankanaab-national-park.asp

The last time there, the taxi driver bought the tickets for us and got them at a little bit of a discount. Don't know if that is always so.

Another option is paradise beach in Cozumel. $3 for beach chair $15 if you want to use the inflatables. Food and drink are extra. Very nice bathrooms and changing areas. Also they collect school supplies for local families! We always drop off a backpack when we visit. Just take a taxi and there are plenty taxis waiting to take you back.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went to Nachi Cocum two years ago after a busy port schedule and had a great time.

Booked direct on their website www.cozumelnachicocom.com.

Took a taxi from the port and happened to find others going so shared. They only allow entry to 100 per day so I'd book ahead especially if there are several ships in.

There's a bar, small pool and facilities. We simply lay under a palapa and had food and drink served as and when. No loud music and very relaxing.

We did the same this past February. I don't remember the taxi fare but it is well noted at the taxi stand. The drinks and food were plentiful!

This is our most favorite beach stop...the service is great, the food is wonderful and the guacamole tastes like they just picked the avocado from the tree to make it. We always ask for Carlos to be our server, he is great.

The massage was wonderful and I hate to use the word "cheap" so I will say, it was inexpensive...time to go back to the islands....:)

Edited by Tickled2Trvl

We enjoyed Nachi so much back in 2008. The food and drinks were plentiful and the location can't be beat. I think our cab was $10 each way then but think I saw where it is now $15 each way. I have also read where they strictly limit the amount of people so would definitely book in advance. Back when we went we were told that the deposit would be refunded if the ship couldn't dock for some reason.

We absolutely loved our day at Nachi Cocom! You really want to reserve it ahead of time. Taxis are not supposed to take you there without reservations. It's like being at your own private resort. The number of people are limited and the drinks are plentiful. The swim up bar is a lot of fun. The ocean is very calm and the beach is beautiful.

We were just there in November and loved it. They will call you a taxi when you are ready to leave, so no worries there. They just started taking credit cards, so you no longer have to have cash to pay the balance.

We left Houston a day late, so the day we were to arrive in Cozumel changed. We e-mailed Nachi Cocom and they changed our reservations to the new day with no problems. No crowds, no one bothering us trying to sell us something on the beach - so worth it. We were expecting second rate liquor, so my husband was very happy when they had Black Johnny Walker and kept an eye on his glass, so it was never empty! We sat under the covered area while our grandkids had a blast on the beach - it was a great day.

Edited by Mary Ann 2

We were just there in November and loved it. They will call you a taxi when you are ready to leave, so no worries there. They just started taking credit cards, so you no longer have to have cash to pay the balance.

We left Houston a day late, so the day we were to arrive in Cozumel changed. We e-mailed Nachi Cocom and they changed our reservations to the new day with no problems. No crowds, no one bothering us trying to sell us something on the beach - so worth it. We were expecting second rate liquor, so my husband was very happy when they had Black Johnny Walker and kept an eye on his glass, so it was never empty! We sat under the covered area while our grandkids had a blast on the beach - it was a great day.

Thanks for the info about them taking credit cards now. We had been there years ago. :)