Cinema Screen on Britannia?

Valentine1925

Hi All

Does anyone know what the likelihood is of there being a cinema screen on P&O Britannia? I know there isn't one on the plans but maybe this could have been an oversight? My dream would be to watch an Andrea Bocelli concert on a warm balmy night, under the stars with a glass of wine in my hand – I can hope can’t I? If I could send a wish list to P&O, this would definitely be on it. :D

Hi All

Does anyone know what the likelihood is of there being a cinema screen on P&O Britannia? I know there isn't one on the plans but maybe this could have been an oversight? My dream would be to watch an Andrea Bocelli concert on a warm balmy night, under the stars with a glass of wine in my hand – I can hope can’t I? If I could send a wish list to P&O, this would definitely be on it. :D

It does not look like it according to the literature. There is a cinema, it is an inside one called the Studio.

I would not like an outside screen, it would be OK at night but they would insist on blasting out innapropriate music all day just to make use of the sound system.

Hi All

Strange this given they followed the Princess model with Azura and added the seascreen. Royal Princess has the largest screen at sea but P&O on Facebook have confirmed no seascreen for Britannia. Must be poor feedback from customers that has led to that not being carried forward to the latest ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Having travelled on the Princess ships I have to say that having a sea screen would be a big turn off for me. The Princess ones can be quite intrusive, on our last Crown Princess cruise we decided that it spoiled our holiday and decided to vote with our feet. We even tried to escape by going as far from the screen on the Crown Princess open decks as we could but it was so loud it was still audible, our balcony was unusable and on one afternoon it could be heard in our cabin even with the balcony doors shut. Complaining was useless because the volume is at the discretion of the cruise director and she had no problem with the noise.

Yet on Grand Princess the screen was only used sparingly and we really enjoyed it. I suspect the weather makes a difference. We were in northern waters so limited opportunity for passengers to watch it.

Movies Under the Stars, the Jubilee Concert was shown live and they put TinTin movie on as we left Oslo. Other than that it wasn't used.

Edited by Thejuggler

Having travelled on the Princess ships I have to say that having a sea screen would be a big turn off for me. The Princess ones can be quite intrusive, on our last Crown Princess cruise we decided that it spoiled our holiday and decided to vote with our feet. We even tried to escape by going as far from the screen on the Crown Princess open decks as we could but it was so loud it was still audible, our balcony was unusable and on one afternoon it could be heard in our cabin even with the balcony doors shut. Complaining was useless because the volume is at the discretion of the cruise director and she had no problem with the noise.

I am another non fan of the sea screen. On the Azura in February the football was on so loud it was like being in Wembley stadium. It is the same if there is a film on.