Post Cruise Princess Excursions in FLL

ImNotSure

Hope this is in the right spot, since I think it's a Princess specific question.

For cruises disembarking from Fort Lauderdale Princess offers a few excursions in Fort Lauderdale for post cruise. We are interested in trying these because our flight doesnt leave FLL until 6pm.

Has anyone tried these or can some recommend something fun for a big group to do while they wait for their flight?

Hope this is in the right spot, since I think it's a Princess specific question.

For cruises disembarking from Fort Lauderdale Princess offers a few excursions in Fort Lauderdale for post cruise. We are interested in trying these because our flight doesnt leave FLL until 6pm.

Has anyone tried these or can some recommend something fun for a big group to do while they wait for their flight?

The Ft Lauderdale tour by water on the CarrieB is a great time. Goes by lots of the million $$ homes on the water. Can't remember whats its called.

If you have somewhere to get rid of your luggage, I'd highly recommend taking a canal tour on the Carrie B. We did this after our January cruise, and we loved it. You might want to check the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Princess will offer a group of post cruise tours in Fort Lauderdale that drop you off at Fort Lauderdale airport at the end of the tour. They are generally Everglades tours and inter-coastal waterway tours. If you can use EZ Check to get rid of your luggage then it is quite easy to tour on your own. Some suggestions are, The Water Taxi which tours along the inter-coastal waterway, walk along the beach area, Downtown las Olas Blvd. and the River Walk.

Oh thanks for the suggestions so far! I will look into these!

Any suggestions on what to do with our luggage?

If you are on a Princess tour they will handle your luggage.

If you want to 'do it yourself' and your airline participates in Princess' EZ Check you won't even need to worry about your luggage. If not, store your luggage at the Bags to Go (in each airport terminal; see http://www.bagstogo.net) and taxi around town or rent a car (putting luggage in the trunk for the day) for the day. Check out http://www.sunny.org - Fort Lauderdale's tourism website - for ideas on attractions, restaurants, and transportation.

Edited by capriccio

A few years ago, we did a post-cruise Princess excursion that included an Everglades boat ride and a garden (can't remember the name) that had beautiful plants, birds, etc. It was a good trip & easy, since Princess took care of the luggage issue & dropped us at the airport after the tour. I think the price was pretty reasonable, too. We enjoyed it.

We did the post-cruise canal tour last October after our Royal T/A. We also did EZ Check so we didn't have to deal with our luggage in MIA. The tour was very nice and our bus was the first to arrive at the Carrie B so we were able to get window seats inside. Later busloads sat in the middle with fewer chances to take photos. The food for lunch was pretty expensive. The one real negative for me is that after dropping off passengers at FLL, our bus "had" to go back to the ship to drop off the tour guide before heading to MIA. She couldn't take a taxi or another Princess transfer going back to the ship. With traffic, it we had an extra half hour on the bus. We didn't tip the guide because I don't think she did much and for the inconvenience. Some people had less than an hour to their flight as a result.

Everyone has been so helpful! thank you for the links! I will share this info with everyone in my group!

Can we do EZ Check even if we are flying southwest and not through princess air?

Edited by ImNotSure

Everyone has been so helpful! thank you for the links! I will share this info with everyone in my group!

Can we do EZ Check even if we are flying southwest and not through princess air?

Yes anyone can participate. If its available for your airline.

Ft Lauderdale is a pretty easy city to get around if you rent a car. Then you can do the water tour or whatever else -- check the Florida ports thread, too, for ideas. If you reserve a car through National, they have a bus from the port to the airport to pick up the car (other companies may, too, we've just used National). A day rate should be less than taxi fare around the city!