What is the most you have/would ever pay for a shore excursion??

Flip2cruise

I book with independent tour operators and normally my excursions are $20-45....$100 at the most.

Carnival just added a few shore excursions for our Antigua stop on Liberty. They want $450 for the following excursion:eek: I just cant imagine anyone spending that much, I know some Alaskan excursions are $3-400 that include floatplanes, just never saw anything like this for the Caribbean.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=ATG&excursionname=%22Jumby+Bay%22+Exclusive+%26+Limited&excursioncode=411020&price=450.00

"Jumby Bay" Exclusive & Limited

Long Island, also known as "Jumby Bay", features one of the most exclusive resorts in the Caribbean as well as homes to celebrities.

On this excursion you will:

• Be whisked away by a limousine for a mini tour of the island on your way to Jumby Pier.
  • Transfer by motorboat to the island and the exclusive resort, which will be your home for the day.
  • Discover this secluded hideaway set amidst lush tropical foliage featuring superb white sand beaches.
  • Enjoy non-motorized water sports, beach access, lunch, and drinks surrounded by this pristine natural setting in a truly memorable retreat.

Note: Transportation, non-motorized water sports, lunch, drinks (including wine by the glass) are included.

5.5 Hours spacer.gif $450.00*

I book with independent tour operators and normally my excursions are $20-45....$100 at the most.

Carnival just added a few shore excursions for our Antigua stop on Liberty. They want $450 for the following excursion:eek: I just cant imagine anyone spending that much, I know some Alaskan excursions are $3-400 that include floatplanes, just never saw anything like this for the Caribbean.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=ATG&excursionname=%22Jumby+Bay%22+Exclusive+%26+Limited&excursioncode=411020&price=450.00

Long Island, also known as "Jumby Bay", features one of the most exclusive resorts in the Caribbean as well as homes to celebrities.

• Be whisked away by a limousine for a mini tour of the island on your way to Jumby Pier.
  • Transfer by motorboat to the island and the exclusive resort, which will be your home for the day.
  • Discover this secluded hideaway set amidst lush tropical foliage featuring superb white sand beaches.
  • Enjoy non-motorized water sports, beach access, lunch, and drinks surrounded by this pristine natural setting in a truly memorable retreat.

Note: Transportation, non-motorized water sports, lunch, drinks (including wine by the glass) are included.

Too rich for my blood...but if I remember correctly, the Atlantis Submarine excursions thru Carnival in Grand Cayman were $500 I think...pretty much in line with the price directly thru Atlantis.

Too rich for my blood...but if I remember correctly, the Atlantis Submarine excursions thru Carnival in Grand Cayman were $500 I think...pretty much in line with the price directly thru Atlantis.

WoW.....I did the Sub in Grand Cayman a few years ago....and it was around $100 and thought I was crazy.

I would never dream of doing it for $500

Also.....for that price the Jumby Bay resort better include unlimited food and drink.....

Actually for that price, it better include S*X :rolleyes:

We did the dolphin swim in Puerta Vallarta last summer for $169/person and I thought that was very expensive although after having swam with the dolphins, I think it was well worth the money.

Some of the Alaska excursion seem quite expense too.

Ok..... Call me Cheap....

But I hardly ever pay a lot for shore excursions..... I take advantage of the Free beaches (Paradise Beach, Seven Mile Beach etc.....) and the Fun spots (Carlos and Charlies, Margaritaville etc).

The only one that I would pay for someday, is a dolphin encounter.

We did take a tour of Jamaica two years ago - and it was wonderful.... but only 120.00 for four of us!!

Catrin

Also.....for that price the Jumby Bay resort better include unlimited food and drink.....

Actually for that price, it better include S*X :rolleyes:

:D That is the FIRST thing I thought of too...:D

errr...uhhh... the unlimited food and drink part....;)

Actually we are looking forward to the "Two Oceans by Railroad" Excursion in Panama. I think that the per person cost on that is "around" $125.

Tom

Is this per person??? I wonder what there version of non-motorized water sport is??? I know what mine is...LOL

Did scuba in April at $110ea.

I paid $150 for the ferry excursion through the Panama canal with Carnival. And I just booked an independent excursion in Cozumel for the Dolphin Discovery royal swim and that was $125. I guess if it's something I really wanted to do, I'd part with it. It's a little easier, I'm just paying for me.... no kids so it doesn't add up as quickly:)

I decided to do a search for that resort and found that the cheapest room is $700 per day. No wonder a day pass is $450.

I wouldn't pay it, there are many other resorts for a lot less money. But there are a lot of people who would like to brag about going there and paying that much.

I decided to do a search for that resort and found that the cheapest room is $700 per day. No wonder a day pass is $450.

I wouldn't pay it, there are many other resorts for a lot less money. But there are a lot of people who would like to brag about going there and paying that much.

So true,

http://www.jumbybayresort.com/overview.cfm

Check out the rates per night

http://www.jumbybayresort.com/rates.cfm

That seems really expensive for the Caribbean, doesn't even sound that nice. I did however pay $600 for an all day Glacier Excursion in Alaska. Many said it wasn't worth it, I thought it was and would consider doing it again..... So I guess to each his own.

Michael

It really depends on WHERE the excursion is as to how much I'll pay. I hate to admit it, but I just paid $980 (for 3 people) for a two day excursion in St. Petersburg, Russia. It was worth every penny to me and seemed like a bargain for all we saw. However, for water-related excursions, I'd probably never pay over $100. Being born in Florida, and living here all my life, I've had unlimited opportunities to spend time in and on the water.:D This was my first (and probably only) visit to Russia.

You can lie on a beach anywhere and a ride around the island can be done from a taxi for way cheaper(the island's NOT that big). $450 is way over the top. Our family paid $89 (booked direct) each to do the Atlantis Submarine in Coz. I think one of the posters has this confused with the REAL research sub you can now tour. The Atlantis sub was worth every penny.

Our next cruise is to Costa Rica & Panama and the excursions there are not cheap. We are looking at roughly $95/pp for our group of 12 but that gets us a private mini bus and a guide so we can do what we want.

I think you are all missing the concept of a free market. Asking how much someone would pay for a shore excursion is the same as asking how much one would pay for a car. They both get you from point A to point B some people pay < $10K for cars and others drive Hummers etc. etc.

If you do not feel you are getting a good deal don't do it. There are plenty of those on every ship that have 10 times my income so that when I am on my $45 excursion, they would not even bat an eye for a $450 excursion.

If you just want to hang on a beach for some "non-motorized" activity, it could range from a minimum of maybe $20 cab fare, to being flown somehere exclusive in a helicopter and have your catered lunch and massage therapist etc. all flown in for $thousands....

I just wish I was running the gig :)

Jumby Bay is a 5* all inclusive resort- I can see where it would cost that much. The price keeps the riff-raff away. (they also are not a family resort) bet not too many people take on that excursion.

If you check Jumby Bay- I bet their one night pachage is a whole lot more money.

I want an excursion that allows me to see the beach for a few hours.. for 450 I could probably buy a beach or two for a weekend.

Archived