Should I let Carnival know of issues I had on the Sunshine?

Susiecruisey

I wish just once, someone would take the bad with a grain of salt (stuff happens on vacation, can't always be perfect) and write a letter about the things that they enjoyed.

If you do that, maybe you can mention the odor in passing, but don't harp on it. They're well aware from all the complaints they've had.

I wish just once, someone would take the bad with a grain of salt (stuff happens on vacation, can't always be perfect) and write a letter about the things that they enjoyed.

If you do that, maybe you can mention the odor in passing, but don't harp on it. They're well aware from all the complaints they've had.

I have been on 11 cruises with carnival and until now had nothing but amazing things to say. So I should just act like these things didn't happen.....

Sure. Legitimate observations can be forwarded to the company in a constructive manner. If they don't know about issues, they can't correct them in the future. Your letter would help future cruisers. Just because it's not a cheerleader letter doesn't mean it would be all negative, but just highlight some of the things you felt didn't meet standard and how they compared to the good points of your trip.

If you are already home little late to complain about these issues. Maybe they could have done something about the smell. Food issues should be brought up to your waiter. Not sure if they can do anything, but who knows.

I have been on 11 cruises with carnival and until now had nothing but amazing things to say. So I should just act like these things didn't happen.....

And in those 11 cruises, have you ever written to let them know how much you enjoyed? Or is it just when a few not great things happen? I'm just curious, not bashing in any way.

And in those 11 cruises, have you ever written to let them know how much you enjoyed? Or is it just when a few not great things happen? I'm just curious, not bashing in any way.

As a matter of fact I have and told John heard how great they were as well.

You should have said something while on board, especially about the food.

I did and nothing changed with the wcmc or smell all week. The steak we just ate anyway as I had a spa appointment I had to get to and did not have extra time to wait for a new steak

As a matter of fact I have and told John heard how great they were as well.

Well then by all means, write them a letter and let them know how great it was, aside from these few issues.

Agreed! I work for a "magical" theme park here in Florida and my job is responding to guest feedback. It is always a breath of fresh air when I come across a letter from a happy family who enjoyed their trip. Unfortunately, those are few and far between. It always blows my mind the things that people take the time to complain about and feel entitled to be compensated for- not that the OP was looking for compensation. More people need to relax, enjoy & realize that nothing is perfect.I would have reported those issues while on the ship.

It's imperative to let a business know when there are issues, if you want them to do well as a company. That gives them an opportunity to pinpoint problem areas, and to understand overall trends about how they are perceived by their customers.

The best time to do so is at the moment, because it gives them an opportunity to repair the issue immediately. But even a letter or email after the fact can be helpful.

To be honest, I've had some dumb-as-rocks responses to issues (like letting guest services know that an electrical panel was left wide open in one of the halls, and they didn't seem to care at all until I advised them that the open panel was well within reach of small children), and I've had other issues taken care of right away. But it's always worth giving them a chance to do something.

Agreed! I work for a "magical" theme park here in Florida and my job is responding to guest feedback. It is always a breath of fresh air when I come across a letter from a happy family who enjoyed their trip. Unfortunately, those are few and far between. It always blows my mind the things that people take the time to complain about and feel entitled to be compensated for- not that the OP was looking for compensation. More people need to relax, enjoy & realize that nothing is perfect.I would have reported those issues while on the ship.

I did report them and nothing changed all week.

Some people become highly emotional whenever something negative is brought up. People are attempting to vet the OP's onboard actions, paint previous communications with Carnival in a certain light, or outright dismiss the OP's legitimate concerns all in defense of the company.

I maintain that if a company offering does not live up to expectations, and especially if you have tried to have those issues rectified at time of service and they were not, that writing to the company can only be positive. Again, no one has to be negative, nasty, demanding, or rude to the company, but factually asserting what you encountered, how you felt, and what your expectation was will assist other cruisers in the future assuming HQ has good communication with onboard staff.

My advice to the peanut gallery is to not take it as a personal attack on your preferred brand, but to put yourself in their shoes and ask would you have enjoyed a similar experience, what would your expectation be, and how could it be reasonably rectified or improved upon in the future. I think it is great that another cruiser wants to address these issues for the betterment of all. I read absolutely no sense of entitlement to "something" or to come out ahead of their current position.

I always try to write and let businesses know how much I enjoyed my stay, even if just a short weekend. I never expect anything in return, I just feel like people enjoy hearing the positive instead of always the negative. I've never had a bad vacation.

It blows my mind as well, to see what people complain about. Reading reviews on Yelp, or even Facebook, it's just unbelievable. Just last week, John Heald posted a complaint from an American couple who were VERY upset that they were seated with an Australian family at dinner. They felt it was uncalled for to seat them with people they had nothing in common with and made for a very uncomfortable week. That was insane to me.

One of these days I'll visit your little magical theme park in Florida. lol. Being a native to Los Angeles, I've been to DL plenty. ;)

I would tell them about the smell, no question about it. It is a consistent complaint that never seems to be addressed. Who knows if they actually can do anything about it. However, they made a major investment in this ship, so if guests continue to be upset they will have to do something about it.

That said, the Sunshine is probably going to be my next booking. I just know going in what to expect.

Edited by Pete C

I would tell them about the smell, no question about it. It is a consistent complaint that never seems to be addressed. It seems at this point that there is nothing they can actually do about it.

That said, the Sunshine is probably going to be my next booking. I just know going in what to expect.

Loved everything about the sunshine other than the issues I posted about

I always try to write and let businesses know how much I enjoyed my stay, even if just a short weekend. I never expect anything in return, I just feel like people enjoy hearing the positive instead of always the negative. I've never had a bad vacation.

It blows my mind as well, to see what people complain about. Reading reviews on Yelp, or even Facebook, it's just unbelievable. Just last week, John Heald posted a complaint from an American couple who were VERY upset that they were seated with an Australian family at dinner. They felt it was uncalled for to seat them with people they had nothing in common with and made for a very uncomfortable week. That was insane to me.

One of these days I'll visit your little magical theme park in Florida. lol. Being a native to Los Angeles, I've been to DL plenty. ;)

And we look forward to seeing you! Some of my favorite complaints have been: It rained, I want a refund. It's too hot, I want a refund. There are lines here- I want a refund. You see the pattern. I can only imagine what cruise lines get!!!

And we look forward to seeing you! Some of my favorite complaints have been: It rained, I want a refund. It's too hot, I want a refund. There are lines here- I want a refund. You see the pattern. I can only imagine what cruise lines get!!!

I know exactly what the cruise lines get; There was a hurricane and we missed a port, I want a refund. There was always a line for the buffet, I want a refund. I got seasick, I want a refund.

That being said, we should stop hijacking this thread, since the OP actually has some legitimate complaints. :)

I did report them and nothing changed all week.

I wouldn't complain about the issues but would address that when you notified the appropriate person on board, that the issue was not corrected. And, always include the things you enjoyed about the cruise.