9-nights--How many are formal?

Robin7

We are on the Veendam 9-nt repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Quebec City. Know Before You Go says 2 formal nights for seven days and 3 for ten days. So how many do you think this cruise will have??? Do you know?

Robin

Should be two, but you will know officially 50 days in advance when your boarding docs are available on the HAL website. And, yes, the number they tell you when those docs come out may very rarely change once on board.

BOARDING DOCUMENTS! I knew that information should be somewhere!!! I knew someone would know. THANK YOU!

Two formal nights (in case you were wondering).

Robin

You are lucky to have only 2 formal nights. We did a repositioning cruise once a long time ago and had 3.

Interesting. Maybe they are cutting back because of the baggage fees on airlines?? I dunno. We love to dress for dinner. DH will be taking his tux. I have two dressy outfits and two pairs of shoes all ready to go! :D

Robin

Should be two, but you will know officially 50 days in advance when your boarding docs are available on the HAL website. And, yes, the number they tell you when those docs come out may very rarely change once on board.

I'd watch the CC boards for someone who's doing your itinerary. Our cruise docs said 2 formals nights for a 10 day cruise on the Noordam. Luckily, one of the regular posters (InnLady) was on our itinerary a few sailings prior to ours.

Every one of the Noordam's 10 day sailings this winter had 3 formal nights despite the documents stating that there were only 2. The same thing happened to us a few years ago.

I'd watch the CC boards for someone who's doing your itinerary. Our cruise docs said 2 formals nights for a 10 day cruise on the Noordam. Luckily, one of the regular posters (InnLady) was on our itinerary a few sailings prior to ours.

Every one of the Noordam's 10 day sailings this winter had 3 formal nights despite the documents stating that there were only 2. The same thing happened to us a few years ago.

It's a one-time repo.

Well, I hope they don't ADD one!!! I'd take an extra outfit, but I'm limited by my demanding hubby declaring I can only take one suitcase and a carry-on. THE HORROR! :D (We have to fit in a rental car at the end of the cruise with four other family members.)

Thanks for pointing that out, John. We are really looking forward to this itinerary. The relaxing sea days followed by port-intensive days. We were limited on the amount of time we could take off this year so this fit perfectly.

Robin

Is formal Only in MDR? I know on other lines it's only MDR and smart casual in special resturants!
Theoretically it is the entire ship, but in practice it is only enforced at all in the MDR, Pinnacle Grill, and Tamarind (on Signature ships). Lido and Canaletto are effectively smart casual every night, since shorts and tees are not supposed to be worn in the evening. Edited by jtl513

Theoretically it is the entire ship, but in practice it is only enforced at all in the MDR, Pinnacle Grill, and Tamarind (on Signature ships). Lido and Canaletto are effectively smart casual every night, since shorts and tees are not supposed to be worn in the evening.

Thanks..I wear a suite for work so we Really like Smart Casual wear cruises! I have no problem wearing a coat but a tie when i'm on vacation i'm not a fan of!