Should we jump to Celebrity??????

We have a GS booked for next April, Eastern Caribbean on FOS. Our plan is to go on the cruise after a week in Cocoa Beach. Just out of sheer curiosity, I checked out the Celebrity website. There is an Eastern Caribbean on the Reflection, Sky Suite, for $1300 less. We will be Diamond with Royal in September. Any thoughts? Pros/cons.

We have a GS booked for next April, Eastern Caribbean on FOS. Our plan is to go on the cruise after a week in Cocoa Beach. Just out of sheer curiosity, I checked out the Celebrity website. There is an Eastern Caribbean on the Reflection, Sky Suite, for $1300 less. We will be Diamond with Royal in September. Any thoughts? Pros/cons.

I'd absolutely do it, but it depends on your style. The Solstice class ships are supposed to be fantastic.

With the quality of Royal Caribbean dropping and the vacation becoming more oriented towards affordability to everybody, our eyes have started wandering. I'm looking for something a little more upscale than Royal Caribbean at this point, so we just booked a Celebrity cruise for next year. If you like the "go, go, go" and family atmosphere of Royal Caribbean, you may want to stick with them.

Your Diamond status will be reciprocated on Celebrity, you just won't accrue more points for the sailing.

You do realize that a Sky Suite is only 300 square feet....

I like Celebrity and look forward to experiencing the Reflection, and, given that it is the itinerary you want and the ship is a lot newer, I would. New ships usually take quite awhile to come down in price, so I would jump on it.

I would actually try to get Aqua Class Sky Suite so you could eat exclusively at Blu.

Good luck!

I say go on Celebrity. It is a step above RC. Food is a notch better. Service is fantastic. The Solstice Class ships are great. You will get the Elite benefits on Celebrity, IMO, are better than the Diamond amenities. Try it out and see for yourself. And, the $1300. savings will buy you alot of extras on the cruise!

Our last 3 cruises were on Solstice class ships (Reflection is the 5th in the class)

they are beautiful ships with fab crews. Food is delish. if your in a suite you can have access to the wonderful Blu resturant.

Celebrity ships are nearly non smoking, for us this is a big plus.

Not as high energy as RCI, sometimes thats a good thing and I feel like I really got a vacation ;)

Have fun planning!

Bev

Definitely go for Celebrity!! We took a 14nt South Carib in March and booked 2 more cruises while on oard. If you are taking young kids I'd say stick with RCCL but if just adults, then go Celebrity, you will come back feeling like you have had a real vacation!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You do realize that a Sky Suite is only 300 square feet....

I like Celebrity and look forward to experiencing the Reflection, and, given that it is the itinerary you want and the ship is a lot newer, I would. New ships usually take quite awhile to come down in price, so I would jump on it.

I would actually try to get Aqua Class Sky Suite so you could eat exclusively at Blu.

Good luck!

Yes -- I love Celebrity's Sky Suites, but they are comparable in size to my favorite RC cabin -- the Junior Suite. If you are expecting a cabin/balcony the size of an RC Grand Suite, you will be disappointed. But, you do get a butler. :D