FV or C1

stpointer

Grab it....just for the balcony alone (HUGE...and not only the great wake view but views off to the side and forward too)...and the extra cabin space !!

Woody

Edited by rwr235

You don't receive the perks/amenities associated with Concierge Class...or the extra points for Captains Club tiers...so if those are important factors to you...keep the C1...otherwise, many folks jump at the chance of booking a corner FV when they become available.

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Are you past final payment? I ask because I was (am) in the same boat. Booked in a C1 but a fantastic FV opened up. I was past final payment, but was willing to downgrade and not get any credit or refund. I got mixed reports here on whether it could be done, but mostly favorable. Well, it didn't work for me. TA said Celebrity wouldn't budge.

Just curious if I was getting an accurate answer from my TA.

How far away is your sailing? Just curious as to when they open these up to cabins of less than 5.

On our TA ( late Oct '13 ) they were opened early in June.

Check out post 9 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The 1st picture is of 1A cabin on Eclipse , but the rest are FV 9156 on Infinity.

Edited by upwarduk

WE had a C1 booked for myself, DH and DD(adult). When a corner FV opened -8181 - we calledl right away. It was wonderful. You can close the sliding door between the rooms and have 2 private rooms. There is a large round table which we eat breakfast most days. Also 2 loungers, no need to hunt for loungers at the pool. Half covered balcony. Double the closets. The view was wonderful when we sailed the great barrier reef.

We were on a 17 day cruise, it would been a very different experience in the C!. Will be watching in the future for the FV to open up for booking.

We are booked in a corner FV on a B2B next winter. We have 5 booked in our cabin. There is a chance that person #5 will not be able to come (and I hope we can determine that before final payment). I am just hoping that if we turn into a party of 4, they won't relocate us because we're not 5. I am just hoping for the right timing of it all if we lose our 5th person.

• 1 month later...

I am so excited to have found this thread! I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in March 2015. I booked an Aft corner FV cabin : 8166. We usually sail midship in a balcony. Was not sure what we had booked and this thread has made me feel pretty good about my choice!

OP I hope you enjoy your cruise! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun - the corner FV's are great cabins.

To add to the anticipation here are links to photos of two of these:

Connie:http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Celebrity-Constellation-FV/i-Z6pmWLN

Millennium:

Both sets of photos are several years old. Since they were taken the furnishings might have changed a little but the basic cabins and layout will be the same.

I am so excited to have found this thread! I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in March 2015. I booked an Aft corner FV cabin : 8166. We usually sail midship in a balcony. Was not sure what we had booked and this thread has made me feel pretty good about my choice!

OP I hope you enjoy your cruise! Thanks for sharing! :)

So had your cruise opened up to booking for a group under 5 people yet? or maybe you have 5 in your party.

Our cruise is in March. We are only 2.

Wow, lucky. Ours isn't open yet - it's in January 2015, but it's a shorter cruise - maybe they hold out longer to release them to parties of less than 5.

Huh yeah I don't know how this works. All I know is I have cabin #8166 and we are only 2 people. But the cruise is only a 5 day too.

I'm only questioning because I went to the site and looked and it said cabin 8166 was still available, except I have an email Confirmation for the cabin and the deposit had been taken out of my account. So I don't know why that is.?