Please help need Dania Beach Hotel that has VERY short walking distance to restaurant

princessh

We are looking for a hotel in Dania (need a hotel with a free shuttle from FLL airport) that is with in a very short walking distance to restaurants. My Father in law has trouble walking long distances. We were considering the Hyatt House, but upon looking on google maps, it does not appear to be a short walk. We would really prefer a hotel with a restaurant next door. We are taking a shuttle to POM, and my in laws do not want to worry with a rental car or taxi. Thanks in advance!

We are looking for a hotel in Dania (need a hotel with a free shuttle from FLL airport) that is with in a very short walking distance to restaurants. My Father in law has trouble walking long distances. We were considering the Hyatt House, but upon looking on google maps, it does not appear to be a short walk. We would really prefer a hotel with a restaurant next door. We are taking a shuttle to POM, and my in laws do not want to worry with a rental car or taxi. Thanks in advance!

Not understanding why there is worry about a taxi . . . Taxi is an ideal option, especially since it seems there will be at least 4 people in your group. Not sure how much your shuttle will cost, but a taxi will not be much more when factoring in 4 people.

What type of restaurant are you looking into? La Quinta is situated next to the Oakwood plaza and a under 10 minute walk from Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Ale House, Sweet Tomato, Dave & Buster's, etc. They have free airport shuttle and are pretty highly rated.

Thank you. Are you saying that a taxi from the airport area hotels to the port of Miami would be cheaper than a shuttle? We were quoted a price of $15pp for the shuttle service.

Honestly my in laws wanted to fly down the morning of the cruise. We convinced them to fly in the day before. They agreed to fly in early only if we limited the cost of going early. Which is why they do not want to worry with a rental car or taxi.

If your in Dania beach and it doesn't have to be a high class restaurant, I stayed at the Roadway Inn, it has a sport bar with decent food right next door. It also had the port shuttle.

Thank you. Are you saying that a taxi from the airport area hotels to the port of Miami would be cheaper than a shuttle? We were quoted a price of $15pp for the shuttle service.

Honestly my in laws wanted to fly down the morning of the cruise. We convinced them to fly in the day before. They agreed to fly in early only if we limited the cost of going early. Which is why they do not want to worry with a rental car or taxi.

From Dania Beach / Hollywood area near I-95 (which is the Hyatt and the La Quinta) . . . the taxi fee is around $60 (maybe a little more maybe a little less). If there are 4 people going at $15 p/p that is $60 so it ends up being a wash.

Between these 2 hotels is the Oakwood Plaza which has a lot of popular chain restaurants . . . however the distance is about 2 miles with the majority of the restaurants being closer to the La Quinta so the walk wouldn't be that bad on this end.

If you want to stay inexpensive and want dining options, stay on 17th street. A cab to 17th Street would be under $20. Look at the Holiday Inn Express and the Hyatt Place. Depending on the time of year you are sailing, the hotels can be very inexpensive. I got the Renaissance last year for $68.

If your in Dania beach and it doesn't have to be a high class restaurant, I stayed at the Roadway Inn, it has a sport bar with decent food right next door. It also had the port shuttle.

This hotel is horrible and I would not walk around at night in that area. It is too sketchy.

Edited by BlueHerons

I know this is not exatcly what you were asking, but we stayed at the Hyatt House in Dania Beach last January.

They have a two bedroom suite that has a little living room, kitchen / table area. We ordered pizza from a local place that delivered and had a nice evening in the hotel before we went to the port the next day.

The Hotel is set back off the main road, I would say its about a 5 min walk out to the main road if you go slow and I think there are a few fast food places (wendy's or Bk maybe?). There is also a large strip mall with a K-mart and BJ's and lots of other stores that would be about a 10 minute walk.

If you want to stay inexpensive and want dining options, stay on 17th street. A cab to 17th Street would be under $20. Look at the Holiday Inn Express and the Hyatt Place. Depending on the time of year you are sailing, the hotels can be very inexpensive. I got the Renaissance last year for $68.

This hotel is horrible and I would not walk around at night in that area. It is too sketchy.

Is the 17th street hotels close to the airport? The shuttle company will only pick up with in 2 miles of the airport.

We stayed @ the Holiday Inn Express on 17th. It was NOT inexpensive even with our discount; however, free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. NO free shuttle to the port, however. They use independent company, a cab would have been cheaper.

We are staying there again this weekend. Late flight so we won't be able to enjoy the restaurants there.

Enjoy

Is the 17th street hotels close to the airport? The shuttle company will only pick up with in 2 miles of the airport.

I think the hotels on 17th Street would fit your criteria better but except for the Crown Plaza or maybe the Comfort Suites on Federal Highway? You could walk to the Outback Steakhouse from there. The 17th Street hotels are close to the airport but a little outside the two mile mark. Can you use another shuttle company?

And then you could also look at Sleep Inn, Dania.

It has drugstore, grocery store and a couple of restaurants just across the road.

Short walk to each of them. And the hotel does have an airport to hotel shuttle.

We took the shuttle (Quality Limo Service) last year and it was from Hyatt Pier 66. Cost was $15.00 pp for the 4 of us. The hotels in the 17th. st area are closer to the airport than the Hyatt.