Diamond Lounge

I've read that some ships have started using drink coupons because the Diamond Club is too crowded during the free cocktail hours. I suspect my Navigator cruise May 18 might do that. There is no more overflow room in the card room or Cloud Nine, because these rooms no longer exist -- they are now a specialty restaurant. We'll see. I hope they have a Cappuccino machine in the Diamond Club.

I've been on the Navigator 2 times last month (and going again in 2 weeks). They do load the 3 free drinks on your Seapass each evening for use between 4:30pm and 8:00pm. If you don't use them, they go away at 8:00pm. There is a Cappuccino machine in the Diamond Club. We would go every evening to the Diamond Club because of the view and Nadja (the Diamond Concierge) is great! :)

On ships that have both lounges, we have never had separate cards issued to access the Diamond Club, Concierge Lounge, and our stateroom. We have always been able to access all three with our single SeaPass card. This has been the same as well when we have been in a suite (Gold card) or a standard stateroom (Blue/Silver card).

Like many other things at RCI all ships are not the same. :) The new Diamond Club on the Serenade required a separate card because it wasn't tied in electronically. At least that's what the Diamond Concierge told us.

I'll find out about the Radiance OTS next month.

Like many other things at RCI all ships are not the same. :) The new Diamond Club on the Serenade required a separate card because it wasn't tied in electronically. At least that's what the Diamond Concierge told us.

I'll find out about the Radiance OTS next month.

Thanks for the update!

I guess with clarification to my prior post, it has only been several cruises that we were D+ with access to both lounges and on ships that have both. So certainly I can't speak for all ships over a long period of time, and didn't mean to imply that. Only speaking to our experience with D in suites and D+ when not. And as pointed out there are clearly exceptions reported.

But previously as D and when in a suite we have been able to access the CL, DC, and our stateroom with a single SeaPass. The more recent history with that was Oasis. The experience as D+ and non-suite with a single card access has to both included Grandeur and Independence.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

...But previously as D and when in a suite we have been able to access the CL, DC, and our stateroom with a single SeaPass. The more recent history with that was Oasis. The experience as D+ and non-suite with a single card access has included Grandeur and Independence.
My experience is similar. Within the last fourteen months as D+ we have had a single card key access to the DL, CL and cabin on Oasis, Allure, Freedom and Independence. So may not be fleet wide, but many (and I think most) RCI ships have a single card key system.

Thom

I've got 4 kids I'd like to leave in the DL for a couple of hours. Do you think the Diamond Concierge would mind watching the kids while my wife and I go to a specialty restaurant?;)

Ha. Sounds just like something you would do! Thanks for the laugh.

Marci.

• 4 weeks later...

My computer is crazy hope this is not a duplicate. Question on the Diamond Lounge, I see people talk about the new 3 vouchers for drinks during the cocktail hour time at any bar. Is it the same at the lounge. Are you limited to three drinks or is it as much as you want if you are sitting their for a while. I will be on the liberty in July in Europe.