Need advice from seasoned Celebrity cruisers

pdbcruisers

We are booked on RCI Freedom for next April. We will be Diamond status for that cruise. Looking at switching to the Reflection. I understand that our loyalty will transfer to Celebrity, but we won't accumulate points. My question is which suite to book. I am debating between the Sky Suite and the Aqua Class. Any and all advice and opinions would be great.

We are booked on RCI Freedom for next April. We will be Diamond status for that cruise. Looking at switching to the Reflection. I understand that our loyalty will transfer to Celebrity, but we won't accumulate points. My question is which suite to book. I am debating between the Sky Suite and the Aqua Class. Any and all advice and opinions would be great.

You may get your question answered by actions that Celebrity is taking. Next year all Aqua Class cabins will be reclassified as sky suites so Celebrity apparently thinks they are pretty much the same. The only difference I can see is that AQ class gives you Blu as a guarantee while Sky suites only gives you AQ on a space available basis.

Only the Aqua Class Suites (these are only on Reflection) will be reclassified as Sky Suite 1's beginning April 2015. AQ cabins remain the same. Suite guests will have access to a dedicated suite restaurant, but will also continue to have access to Blu (on space available basis). The only thing the AQ suites will lose by the change will be access to the Persian Gardens and bottled water in cabin daily, although both can be purchased.

One additional note, you will accrue points on Celebrity with your cruise, but it won't really matter until you accumulate 750 which would take you to Elite +, which is not offered through reciprocity.

Only the Aqua Class Suites (these are only on Reflection) will be reclassified as Sky Suite 1's beginning April 2015. AQ cabins remain the same. Suite guests will have access to a dedicated suite restaurant, but will also continue to have access to Blu (on space available basis). The only thing the AQ suites will lose by the change will be access to the Persian Gardens and bottled water in cabin daily, although both can be purchased.

One additional note, you will accrue points on Celebrity with your cruise, but it won't really matter until you accumulate 750 which would take you to Elite +, which is not offered through reciprocity.

I'm wondering if these cabins will get a new designation, like S3, as they have the fancy showers installed, where the other S1 and S2 do not.....or will they be removed or will S1 and S2 get fancy AQ body wash showers.....

Or will they become an insiders secret on which cabins have or don't have the fancy shower within the S1/S2s.....

We're the AQ suites not selling?

Not really sure, many here (myself included) think that with new suite perks, it left this particular cabin type in the unique position to ENTITLE dining in both BLU and Suite Dining room. So think they are taking Aqua designation off to lose the BLU entitlement, and make it on available as with other suites giving Aqua their designated dining room, and Suites theirs to help with the BLU crowding issues many complain of.

I agree with CLE-GUY on reason for change. The true suites should appeal to persons who want a more personalized gourmet experience. It seems to me that the S class ships are going to end up with three distinct dining levels, the major suites with access to every dining venue on the ship,The sky suites/aqua class cabins with access to special dining rooms and menus and every other cabin class will eat in the main dining room or a specialty restaurant if they wish to pay extra for it.

All Aqua Class Cabins, or just the Aqua Class Suites?

The write up I received from celebrity mentioned aqua suites. If they try and sell aqua class cabins as suites passengers are not going to be happy. Those will be the smallest suits at sea!

The write up I received from celebrity mentioned aqua suites. If they try and sell aqua class cabins as suites passengers are not going to be happy. Those will be the smallest suits at sea!

Aqua Class suites are just on Reflection, they are not the same as the Aqua Class cabins which are really regular balcony cabins with extra perks (Blu, Persian Gardens, etc.) It seems from the description that the AQ suites are about the same size as Sky Suites, so it probably makes sense to put them into the same category.