Crown late departure today

e71465

If anyone decides to see the USS Iowa (destroyer), be aware that to see most areas of the ship, other than the main deck. you will be climbing ladder steps, a lot of them... definitely not for the walking impaired. We did the tour last month. Extremely interesting but climbing all those ladders wasn't easy for us seniors.

Ok, let me see if this makes sense. Princess is delaying boarding by hours so they can do a super thorough cleaning so, being the compassionate, understanding cruise line they are, they provide passengers with half-off tickets to an attraction that requires visitors to climb ladders that involves holding handrails that have been held by hundreds of other pre-cruise passengers who may or may not be carriers of the dreaded Noro?

Hmmmm. What is wrong with this picture:eek:

Ok, let me see if this makes sense. Princess is delaying boarding by hours so they can do a super thorough cleaning so, being the compassionate, understanding cruise line they are, they provide passengers with half-off tickets to an attraction that requires visitors to climb ladders that involves holding handrails that have been held by hundreds of other pre-cruise passengers who may or may not be carriers of the dreaded Noro?

Hmmmm. What is wrong with this picture:eek:

I don't understand your point - the Noro outbreak was on the Crown, NOT the destroyer. They are cleaning the Crown due to the known outbreak, prior to new passengers coming aboard (to keep them from being exposed to it). The threat of the visitors contracting Noro on the destroyer is no greater than their exposure that they had while traveling through the airports, boarding and traveling on the plane(s), or on a bus or in a cab on the way to the port. Walking around a non-contaminated ship with a group of non-contaminated visitors just doesn't seem like a huge risk to me... The most important thing is to get the Crown cleaned BEFORE the new passengers embark.

Curt

Here here! Lets all hope the folks on this weeks cruise had a wonderful time and the crew are able to stand down because of all the hard work they put in to ready the ship for the paying customers!:D

I don't understand your point - the Noro outbreak was on the Crown, NOT the destroyer. They are cleaning the Crown due to the known outbreak, prior to new passengers coming aboard (to keep them from being exposed to it). The threat of the visitors contracting Noro on the destroyer is no greater than their exposure that they had while traveling through the airports, boarding and traveling on the plane(s), or on a bus or in a cab on the way to the port. Walking around a non-contaminated ship with a group of non-contaminated visitors just doesn't seem like a huge risk to me... The most important thing is to get the Crown cleaned BEFORE the new passengers embark.

Curt

No. Its actually a Battleship not a destroyer.

232323232%7Ffp53283%3Enu%3D3239%3E%3B7%3A%3E47%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3672388%3B59327nu0mrj

Here's a picture of it from last December. The Crown would be just to the right and across the parking lot.

At least there are Coke machines on the USS Iowa if you get hot & thirsty from all the ladder climbing. One has to wonder if those were there in 1945 too? :D

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

232323232%7Ffp53283%3Enu%3D3239%3E%3B7%3A%3E47%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3672388%3B59327nu0mrj

Here's a picture of it from last December. The Crown would be just to the right and across the parking lot.

At least there are Coke machines on the USS Iowa if you get hot & thirsty from all the ladder climbing. One has to wonder if those were there in 1945 too? :D

I forget if it was the Midway or the Yorktown, but one of them still has the ship's store set up for visitors to see where sailors could buy candy, snacks, and, yes, Cokes. It even had some circa-1950s boxes and bottles to add to the ambiance. Sadly, my photo of it isn't digital so I can't share.

Our daughter and her family were in last month and we toured the Iowa. DH was an officer in the Navy on a destroyer. His excitement seeing the ship was contagious. It was really interesting, certainly worth a visit.