Crown late departure today

e71465

My Mom and Aunts are sailing on the Crown today. She got an email from Princess stating they would be having a late departure due to Noro virus. They can't arrive at the port until 5:00 PM so the crew can sanitize.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Passengers were notified the ship will sail at 9PM and not to arrive at the port until late afternoon. We disembarked today and they were planning an extensive cleaning.

The ship will sail under Code Red conditions for at least three days into the next voyage, as per our waiter this morning.

Best of luck! Definitely not our best experience on Princess last week….

Passengers were notified the ship will sail at 9PM and not to arrive at the port until late afternoon. We disembarked today and they were planning an extensive cleaning.

The ship will sail under Code Red conditions for at least three days into the next voyage, as per our waiter this morning.

Best of luck! Definitely not our best experience on Princess last week….

Do you plan on posting a review?

My son is sailing on the Crown today and was notified of the delay. I was at a conference at the LAX Marriott today and saw the Princess reps.

Went over and talked to them. They said for him to delay until after 6 as it would be a nightmare at 5.

I asked if people were angry or upset about the delay--they said no, but this was about 930 AM, so they probably hadn't come down to check about the bus.

Was on previous sailing that left on 4/5. Like the previous guest I am not yet doing my survey or review posting as I need to give it a bit of time for perspective. I must say the way the delay was handled on the 5th was poor. The 1st person who greeted us said we would get a 3:00 letter that would explain everything, upon returning a very long line outside in the sun, no letter. Then someone came down the line saying it was due to a Coast Guard inspection, do not blame Princess. Not a way to build guest trust.

If you get their early, don't stand in line. Drop off your luggage and then go over to the destroyer and take the tour. Then, walk down the port area and get some lunch. We were on the previous cruise and Princess arranged for 1/2 price tour tickets - you just showed your boarding pass. The weather has been beautiful for walking - treat it as an extra port day!

If you get their early, don't stand in line. Drop off your luggage and then go over to the destroyer and take the tour. Then, walk down the port area and get some lunch. We were on the previous cruise and Princess arranged for 1/2 price tour tickets - you just showed your boarding pass. The weather has been beautiful for walking - treat it as an extra port day!

How long a walk is it to the Destroyer? This sounds like a great way to kill time.

My Mom emailed and said the ship is clean but they are still cleaning! I would be washing my hands like a food if I were on with her!! Would anyone else be worried they would still get Noro? I just can't see how they could kill all of the germs everywhere! You know what I mean?

Yes. Already written, though I am going to sit on it for a few days. I do want it to be fair and balanced.

Please let me know when you decide to post it as I would like to read your review.

Thanks and I hope you weren't hit with the Noro bug?

It's in the same parking lot - about 5 minutes from the luggage drop off at the terminal. They also ran a shuttle, so if you're walking impaired, you can just ask and they'll drop you off at the seaport for lunch or the destroyer. You can see Winston Churchill's bathtub :)

I wrote a few comments about the cruise under the 5 page norovirus thread.

We are a 'when handed lemons, make lemonade" kind of couple, not "when handed lemons, make a sour face" couple. We have turned cruises through hurricanes (two different ones) into positives, so you'll never find us complaining much.

Edited by fabby50

Thank you, no, we did not get sick! I am glad to be able to say that. I feel sorry for the people who did and effectively spent their vacation throwing up confined to their cabins. Horrible way to spend your precious time away.

CC reviews all submitted reviews first and it can take a couple of days for it to show up. I haven't submitted my review yet and am still editing it. It will end up on the Home page under Member Reviews for the Crown Princess.

It's in the same parking lot - about 5 minutes from the luggage drop off at the terminal. They also ran a shuttle, so if you're walking impaired, you can just ask and they'll drop you off at the seaport for lunch or the destroyer. You can see Winston Churchill's bathtub :)

I wrote a few comments about the cruise under the 5 page norovirus thread.

h.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like fun.

If anyone decides to see the USS Iowa (destroyer), be aware that to see most areas of the ship, other than the main deck. you will be climbing ladder steps, a lot of them... definitely not for the walking impaired. We did the tour last month. Extremely interesting but climbing all those ladders wasn't easy for us seniors.

My Mom emailed and said the ship is clean but they are still cleaning! I would be washing my hands like a food if I were on with her!! Would anyone else be worried they would still get Noro? I just can't see how they could kill all of the germs everywhere! You know what I mean?

The ship might be 100% norovirus free, but if even one embarking passenger of the 3100 who will be boarding has it, it can spread again before that passenger even experiences symptoms.