Cruise connect

dragonsfan

As I understand it, it could be anyone. Cruise Connect have got the contract to supply passenger coaching services to P&O, Cunard and Princess without actually having any coaches. Their business model is that they will subcontract with actual coach companies to provide the service. From what I've read they aren't signing a national contract, they are going to seek cost-effective regional solutions (or even local ones).

I think it will be interesting to see how this works out.

As I understand it, it could be anyone. Cruise Connect have got the contract to supply passenger coaching services to P&O, Cunard and Princess without actually having any coaches. Their business model is that they will subcontract with actual coach companies to provide the service. From what I've read they aren't signing a national contract, they are going to seek cost-effective regional solutions (or even local ones).

I think it will be interesting to see how this works out.

Contracting out never improves services. It will result in a totally varied experience dependant on the coach company on your route.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We went with Cruise Connect when we were on a Cunard Cruise and after being used to Eavesway were disappointed. The coach down to Southampton was the oldest coach that I have ever been on and we were concerned that we would not get to Southampton before the coach gave up. It was so bad that we have now taken OBC instead of free coach travel and used the OBC to pay for the trip on Eavesway for our next 2 cruises.

We are travelling down to Southhampton with cruise connect in June and read a lot of bad reports . Already disappointed as went with eavesway last year in their luxury coach and felt totally spoilt ! Any readers have any comments to make - either good or bad . Thanks

Oh dear don't sound good ! Well were using them on the 3rd of May to connect with azura

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll have to let us know how you found them ok . We go on June 15 to join Azura !

These coaches are no help to us. We live in the county town of Buckinghamshire and yet the closest pick up point is over an hours drive away.

Also applies to National Express coaches. Why are we forgotten where connections are concerned.

We have to get the train to London then on to Southampton or wherever our destination is.

These coaches are no help to us. We live in the county town of Buckinghamshire and yet the closest pick up point is over an hours drive away.

Also applies to National Express coaches. Why are we forgotten where connections are concerned.

We have to get the train to London then on to Southampton or wherever our destination is.

We have a similar problem, and we live in Sheffield. Coaches pick up at Woodall services on the M1. Those services in the middle of nowhere, and there's no public transport to them.

I did write to someone at Intercruises (who are the company behind Cruise Connect) to ask if they had any plans to use somewhere handier for us e.g. the Meadowhall Interchange - only just off the M1 and with good links to the rest of Sheffield - but their reply was "no, sorry".

In fact I've just spotted something in that reply that I hadn't noticed before. It's this: "We can only operate pick-ups as specified by the cruise operator."

So that suggests that the pickup points are determined by P&O (in this instance) and not by the coach operator.

Edited by tom_uk

Eavesway have a pick up at Cherwell Services which is 12miles from Buckingham if that is of any help.

Brian

I have used Eavesway for 20 years when sailing with P&O & will continue to use them as long as they provide a service. It was bad news when P&O dropped them, I suspect to save money. They still pick up at the main town centre bus station whereas the newcomers pick up several miles away. The only good to come out of it is that they now provide connecting services for other lines.

I have used Eavesway for 20 years when sailing with P&O & will continue to use them as long as they provide a service. It was bad news when P&O dropped them, I suspect to save money. They still pick up at the main town centre bus station whereas the newcomers pick up several miles away. The only good to come out of it is that they now provide connecting services for other lines.

I feel exactly the same. The only reason that we used Cruise Connect for our first Cunard cruise was because it was part of the Cunard deal at the time since then we have driven down to Southampton for a Cunard cruise because we wouldn't travel with Cruise Connect and Eavesway were not doing Cunard at that time. We will be using Eavesway for P&O and Cunard cruise now as they are 100% better than Cruise Connect in terms of comfort and customer service in my opinion.

Yeah dose seem long time I did the same journey on a weeday morning the week before Christmas last year in 4 hrs and that was including around 35 mins at Warwick services says we get picked up from Chester at 7:45 am and got a ETA in Southampton on 14:00

Oh right ok.. This is only are second cruise and the first one was a fly cruise from Barbados so was just looking to see what the standard of coach would be like so can't compare it to the old eaveway service

• 3 weeks later...

Well were on are way at last down to Southampton intercruises seem to be using holmswood coaches for today's p&o and princess cruises from the north west and north wales area. Not bad coaches just lacking a bit in the leg room department I would say about 26-28 inches of leg room not good for someone who is 6ft 3.

We are travelling down to Southhampton with cruise connect in June and read a lot of bad reports . Already disappointed as went with eavesway last year in their luxury coach and felt totally spoilt ! Any readers have any comments to make - either good or bad . Thanks

Still time to change to Eavesway

Hi Sunnybrian

That doesn't seem good business for Eavesway.

Just had a look at their web site and there was no mention of a re direct that I could see. It all looks straight forward to book with Eavesway.

We have always booked by telephone with Eavesway and will continue to do so in the future.

Edited by silver surfer 2010

Hi Sunnybrian

That doesn't seem good business for Eavesway.

Just had a look at their web site and there was no mention of a re direct that I could see. It all looks straight forward to book with Eavesway.

We have always booked by telephone with Eavesway and will continue to do so in the future.

Ihave gone through it again and realised what I did!!

I hit the cruise connect button.

Oh well let's see if it is Eavesway as they do show a pickup at 07:45 from Liverpool Norton st.

Regards

Brian

I was wondering what the implications might be if you where to travel by "an independant coach company" and it broke down?

I believe that cruise connect would hold the ship until you you arrive if that happened though May be wrong!:)

Ihave gone through it again and realised what I did!!

I hit the cruise connect button.

Oh well let's see if it is Eavesway as they do show a pickup at 07:45 from Liverpool Norton st.

Regards

Brian

We've booked direct with Eavesway as it seems Cruise Connect out source their coaches. We're on the 7.45 from Norton St. There is a Princess & Royal Caribbean leaving Southampton the same day as us so plenty of traffic heading that way.

Don't want to think of any breakdowns :eek: but I think Eavesway are well covered for any 'problems' judging by their excellent feedback and the number of recommendations we have been given. We usually drive to Southampton, stay in a hotel that includes parking - thought we would try Evesway this time and enjoy a drink on our last night of the cruise :D