Alaska 2014 berth assignments

Kesstral

So not long ago another poster asked about the berth assignments in Ketchikan. I was able to find the updated schedules for Skagway and Ketchikan but I wasn't able to find one for Juneau. I couldn't just let it go and since knowing I was going to be there in less than a month I really wanted to know if we were going to get stuck at AJ dock (ended up there on our first Alaskan cruise 2 years ago). I managed to find a website with updated 2014 Alaska port schedules and wanted to share with anyone else wondering where they are going to be getting off their ships:

List of all Alaska ports/schedules

Juneau - Updated Mar 25, 2014

Skagway - Updated Feb 14, 2014

Ketchikan - Updated Feb 14, 2014

Since the Seattle and Vancouver pdf's don't have the piers listed here are the links for those respective port schedules:

Port of Vancouver

Port of Seattle

So not long ago another poster asked about the berth assignments in Ketchikan. I was able to find the updated schedules for Skagway and Ketchikan but I wasn't able to find one for Juneau. I couldn't just let it go and since knowing I was going to be there in less than a month I really wanted to know if we were going to get stuck at AJ dock (ended up there on our first Alaskan cruise 2 years ago). I managed to find a website with updated 2014 Alaska port schedules and wanted to share with anyone else wondering where they are going to be getting off their ships:

List of all Alaska ports/schedules

Juneau - Updated Mar 25, 2014

Skagway - Updated Feb 14, 2014

Ketchikan - Updated Feb 14, 2014

Since the Seattle and Vancouver pdf's don't have the piers listed here are the links for those respective port schedules:

Port of Vancouver

Port of Seattle

Thank you so much for doing this research!

Port of Vancouver is usually Canada Place. Unless there are to many ships.

Usually, but it's still good to know. My cruise is leaving from Ballantyne but there is only 1 other ship at Canada Place that day.

Usually, but it's still good to know. My cruise is leaving from Ballantyne but there is only 1 other ship at Canada Place that day.

Some cruise lines use Ballantyne because the cost is cheaper.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

We sailed embarked at Ballantyne on NCL last May and the previous September. If you've never embarked from Ballantyne I highly recommend arriving early and bringing lots of patience. Both times the line just for security was over an hour long, and then there was the check-in line. We ended up departing late in May because of it. Maybe we just had bad luck.

RRF in Skagway is Railroad forward and RRA is Railroad Aft. Two ships can dock at the railroad dock.

Last May RCI Radiance docked at RRF (Railroad forward) and it was the farthest dock away...which made for a longer walk into town...not a fan of this location at all...and I believe we'll be docking there again this May 30th cruise.

Thank you for this info but does anyone know where I can see a map showing these berths so I know where the berth is in relation to towns??

Thanks

Juneau.jpg

Skagway.jpg

SKG RRA RAILROAD DOCK - AFT

SKG RRF RAILROAD DOCK - FORWARD

KetchikanMapBerth.jpg

The links above were originally posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770049

Thank you for this info but does anyone know where I can see a map showing these berths so I know where the berth is in relation to towns??

Thanks

http://www.traveljuneau.com/cms/d/downtown_juneau_map.php

http://www.city.ketchikan.ak.us/departments/ports/documents/KetchikanBerthMap.pdf

http://www.chilkootcharters.com/dockmap.htm

Last May RCI Radiance docked at RRF (Railroad forward) and it was the farthest dock away...which made for a longer walk into town...not a fan of this location at all...and I believe we'll be docking there again this May 30th cruise.

I was hoping that the RRF was closer to town. Oh well like my DH said we can just eat more desert.

We will be on the Golden Princess May 24 sailing, for the berths does anyone know what ORE for Skagway means and FKL for Juneau means?

Ore Dock for Skagway (see the maps in the previous response) and Franklin Street for Juneau (B on the map).

Does anyone know what CT is for Juneau? We'll be there on the Westerdam in June, and I couldn't find CT on the Juneau map legend. Thanks!

CT = Cruise Terminal. This is D on the map.