Booking question

I'm new here so forgive me if this has been answered somewhere. I've searched, but found nothing specific to my dilemma.

I want to book single on Oasis of the Seas for Feb 28 sailing, and the lowest price I can find at the moment is $1,642 for a Central Park View cabin. (No Balcony and with all tax/port fees included in this price)

Because I'm very poor at saving, my plan is to put $300 deposit down on 5/28 and make monthly payments through Dec.

If I don't book by 5/28 and hold onto this $300 while waiting for price drops, I know i'll spend it on something else and never get this done. That's how poor I can be with money sitting around.

But is $1,642 so high that it's just throwing money out the window? I haven't cruised in 10 years so have no idea what's "too high" or a "right price".

I'd appreciate any help and advice on this. I'm dying to go on another cruise, and the Oasis specifically, but wondering if I'm being stupid to pay that price for it.

Also, is Feb 28 before spring break or the beginning of it? I ask because I'd prefer to be on a ship full of Golden Girls rather than Girls Gone Wild. :)

Edited by chris330r

But is $1,642 so high that it's just throwing money out the window? I haven't cruised in 10 years so have no idea what's "too high" or a "right price".

The "right price" is the price you feel comfortable paying. If you think you can afford the $1642 price tab then book it and watch for price drops between now and the time of final payment. The price may go down, it may go up between now and then you just never know.

Thanks all for the great advice. I'm definitely going to be booking 5/28 now! I'm ok with the price in order to have my own room on this awesome looking mega ship. (I will be travelling with friends but crave my private space.) I just wanted confirmation that I wasn't crazy for paying that much money.

About 2/28 being part of Spring Break...will I be sailing right before the spring break crowds begin?

Thanks all for the great advice. I'm definitely going to be booking 5/28 now! I'm ok with the price in order to have my own room on this awesome looking mega ship. (I will be travelling with friends but crave my private space.) I just wanted confirmation that I wasn't crazy for paying that much money.

About 2/28 being part of Spring Break...will I be sailing right before the spring break crowds begin?

Different schools have different schedules, but 2/28 should be before the bulk of the spring breakers.

You should be able to be somewhat flexible on dates.

You live driving distance to the port. No air fare to worry about, i.e., changing flights.

Just wait until after final payment date and see if prices drop. Better yet, wait until a month out and keep checking the weekly ("Tuesday") sale and see how prices drop. Just about the only time that you get any savings on a single fare is on the Tuesday sales.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

And while we all have different ideas of "worth", I would NEVER pay $1600 for a week's cruise in ANY cabin, much less a Central Park View.

:)

Have you cruised on Oasis or Allure? I paid $3K for the 2 of us on the Allure which I thought was an insane price to pay. It was worth every penny. I loved the Allure.