12:15 pm post cruise flight out of Newark too early??

Tina from Omaha

We are sailing on the Summit on June 8, 2014 to Bermuda out of Port Liberty. We disembarck on a Sunday and would like to book a 12:15 pm flight home. Is this flight too early? Thank you for any insight you can provide.

You will have absolutely no problems. The airport is only about 15 minutes from the port. In fact, you will have plenty of time to visit the airline lounges, should you be a member.

It will not be an issue unless there is a delay of some length getting back into port. The airport is about 15-20 minutes away and we had no issues when we went last year. You can do express departure and carry off your luggage to save time or if you choose not to do that you can go to guest relations and sign up for early departure that would normally get you off the ship by no later than 8:15 if back in port on time.

I think that the last two posters are optimistic. We came in late to Port Liberty due to fog. Disembarkation was delayed for all passengers. Keep in mind that luggage had to be unloaded first so we were held on the ship for quite awhile. Then, you have to be shuttled to the terminal which creates more of a back-up.

Fortunately, we had a mid-afternoon flight which we made with no problem. We would not have made a 12:15 flight. Do not put yourself in a position during your cruise worrying about making an early flight.

How am I being optimistic. I specifically said it would not be an issue unless there was a delay. I also said they could do self departure with their luggage. When was your cruise that YOU had issues with fog? Was it June? I must be an idiot then as we have done 18 cruises and I always schedule our flight home the very 1st available after 12:00pm. We have never come remotely close to missing a flight. If there is a delay in getting back to port its also very likely that flights will also be delayed.

Should not be a problem. We have done this cruise 4 times. We live in Connecticut and drive to the port; last 2 years we were home by 10; 90 minute drive. I would suggest walking off with your luggage if possible.