Early/self disembarkation Freedom

I have heard people talk about walking off the ship with your bags and getting off early, but I kinda skimmed it since it didn't apply to us. This trip it might. How does in work? Can someone give me the "instructions?" Do we tell royal we are doing so, or just not putting our bags out make the statement? We are on the 9th deck, so I guess we just walk down to deck the main deck with all our stuff?

I have heard people talk about walking off the ship with your bags and getting off early, but I kinda skimmed it since it didn't apply to us. This trip it might. How does in work? Can someone give me the "instructions?" Do we tell royal we are doing so, or just not putting our bags out make the statement? We are on the 9th deck, so I guess we just walk down to deck the main deck with all our stuff?

You will get instructions in your stateroom on how to do the self-assist disembarkation. One thing is that you must be able to carry everything yourself, with no carts. Sometimes you have to go down stairs.

We did self assist off Freedom in Sept as we had to make a 19 hour drive home by Monday morning. They will give you instructions how to do it but they said no large luggage I panicked and went to guest services they said as long as we could handle it no problem. Just be prepared there are escalators and maybe a few stairs but I managed with a 29 inch suitcase and a backpack and so did the whole family. We were off the ship had the car top carrier packed and was leaving at 8:15AM. You will have to get up early as you will be the first ones off the ship. It's also nice as you don't have to worry about what you need to leave unpacked for the following morning!

We just did it this past Sunday on FOS. They started self disembark at 630am (scheduled for 645). We were off the ship first and it was a breeze. They had those who wanted of first go to either Boleros or the Schooner lounge. We had tons of bags but as long as you could carry or wheel them yourself you were fine. If you could not carry them and have a free hand for the escalator in the terminal, they sent you to an elevator. I dont think I will ever put my bags out again. We did it this time because we all had a 10:50am flight out of Orlando and had transportation picking us up very early.

Can you self disembark at a later time?

I would rather not leave my bags out at all, I am going on rhapsody in feb.

I'm an Aussie, we get on the ship at Sydney, and also end the cruise in sydney, only sailing in Aussie waters.

What would be the latest time we can get off the ship? We only love about a two your drive from the port. And will not be in a hurry to get home.

Can you self disembark at a later time?

I would rather not leave my bags out at all, I am going on rhapsody in feb.

I'm an Aussie, we get on the ship at Sydney, and also end the cruise in sydney, only sailing in Aussie waters.

What would be the latest time we can get off the ship? We only love about a two your drive from the port. And will not be in a hurry to get home.

Yes, you can self-disembark anytime after the ship is cleared to offload guests.